Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 "IIC" Las Vegas International Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The hand out motor thing could be an economy thing in that the companys are not willing to give things away. I know it was a big deal deciding last year who would be the handout motor until Scotty decided to let all the main companies have a motor in the race. I know from helping out at registration last year it was a pain getting everything ready as far as tagging them and organizing each brand by class.

Maybe there is another reason, but I know that was not a fun thing to do last year. I am still using my motors from last year and if there are no handouts this year I will probably use them again this year.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Even though it is a little more expensive I think the handout motor really leveled the playing field. I am very supportive of the handout motor idea.

I wish that Scotty might reconsider. It is not fun playing the motor game against the drivers that have thirty or more motors to choose from as I saw at Snowbirds this year. I wish we could let more of the drivers and car setups do the winning instead of the motors.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Myabe instead of a handout motor Scotty could still designate one or two motor companines allowed for each class; that's almost like a handout motor, but you still need to bring your own to have teched for the race. Mod of course would be wide open for whatever company.
E
Old 05-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool SPEC CLASS

Originally Posted by EricF
Myabe instead of a handout motor Scotty could still designate one or two motor companines allowed for each class; that's almost like a handout motor, but you still need to bring your own to have teched for the race. Mod of course would be wide open for whatever company.
E
What if Scotty says you can only use ROAR approved spec motors and factory set timing? I think ESC's will be more of a factor other than fast motors.
I myself have over compensated speed for good driving i.e. over shoot a turn then makeup for it by pushing the speed in the straight, hit a dot, push the motor even more by slamming on the brakes in the corners. Then if I catch up with the leaders, I can't pass them because they seem to have a bit more speed, where in reality it's just I've pushed my motor and batteries to the limit to catch them so I don't have any reserve power to keep up where they have been driving smooth with no mistakes so if someone tries to pass they have more then enough motor to hold them off. Factory sponsored drivers will always have more new equipment available to them over others but they have to back that up with a good set up and smooth driving!
Scotty always has a class where average drivers can compete with each other where driving will be more of a determining edge! i.e. factory sponsored drivers NOT allowed in this spec class.
Just my 2$

Last edited by maxepower; 05-08-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

flights and room booked

adam, from talking to your last years roomate you most likely need to find a new one. we are getting in saturday 5th at 5:30pm if you want to come out early also just to actually be able to see some of vegas this time.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HenBeav
adam, from talking to your last years roomate you most likely need to find a new one.
Ah, why does Bill hate me?!

Not sure if I'd go out early, I've been to Vegas enough times (twice since IIC) that it's kinda lost its charm for me. Too expensive to get drunk if you don't gamble.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

no he just loves Eric more than the 3 of us combined.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by HenBeav
no he just loves Eric more than the 3 of us combined.
Oooooooh, okay... I thought it was that other thing.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry Adam..... The 1/8 scale nats in Toledo has taken over precedence- if the races were alittle farther apart (in the month, not mileage) I would go.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Oooooooh, okay... I thought it was that other thing.
That is why I would go
Old 05-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BSYDOR
That is why I would go
BFF!

Will the layout be the same as last year?
Old 05-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
Even though it is a little more expensive I think the handout motor really leveled the playing field. I am very supportive of the handout motor idea.

I wish that Scotty might reconsider. It is not fun playing the motor game against the drivers that have thirty or more motors to choose from as I saw at Snowbirds this year. I wish we could let more of the drivers and car setups do the winning instead of the motors.
This is my perspective exactly.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I like Scotty's choice as long as the entry fee is much less. It would be nice to enter two classes so there's not so much waiting between runs.

I agree with Maxepower, driving really makes the difference. If one gets to the point of being a big event A main driver then maybe the motor will start to play. For the rest of it's not the deciding factor.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE

So if things go as planned this week, I will be posting all the info on www.iic09.com Sunday night.

Scotty
Old 05-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

hehehehehehe

countdown starting,

Just joking guys, I am leaving Trackside soon and after I get home and done helping my youngest daughter with her art project I will post everything.

Chat later tonight.
Scotty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.