Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking to upgrade radio any recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm comfortable spending in the 300 dollar range and I like not having to worry about crystals. I like the looks of the 3r just haven't had it in my hand yet and for only 70 bucks could see me getting the telemetry system. I guess I;m also curious in ease of use. I'm a club racer but plan on attending some big races but I want to buy a radio once. I also have large hands and want comfort as well.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The DX3R is feather light and has a large grip. The biggest reason to get one is the Spektrum customer service. You have a problem send it to them and they will get a new one on the way to you ASAP usually no questions asked.

I love the KO Helios but spend a lot of time thinking about switching to the DX3R just for that reason.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

one of the best remote controls out there is the nomadio react.... it is cheap and it has all the features that other radios have and it has extra features..yuo can even play games on your pc with it..

it is very light, it works with spectrum dsm receivers as well, it can be updated through internet, it has 40 model memories, wallpaper when you open it, very nice feeling and is very fast...

for the money if its not the best it is the second best..

other choices is the helios, spectrum, futaba and airtronics
Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would get the react. I held one in mmy lhs and thought it was very comfortable and no antenna at all is cool. It is cheap and has all the other features and just looks awesome.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sorry guys but I don't like the looks of the Nomadio. Think I'll be stopping by the hobbyshop and checking out the 3R and I'll go from there.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
4pk is good but has problems glitches around other 2.4 ghz systems and can only run futaba 2.4 ghz system

I like the M8 old school better than the m11 which i think is heavy.
Dx3r is suppose to be good so would say run that or
get you a 3pk from futaba it is bitchin radio also
I just got my 4Pk last week and used it with both 304 and 603 reciever for the entire weekend without any glitches around other 13 2.4 systems on the driver stand. The 4Pk is so much lighter than my 3PKS and fit my small fingers better.