Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
I am hooked really bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

I am hooked really bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I am hooked really bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive been hooked since 2000. I spend thousands of dollars a year. Everytime the wife says we have to go to this or that the first thought I have is another weekend I wont be able to race. I dont have a garage but there is a dedicated pit area in my basement where I wrench on my gear at least a couple nights a week. I drive a truck just so I have a place to put all my gear for racing and up untill recently I carried all of my stuff with me just about anywhere I went. I spend at least 6 hours a day cruising r/c internet forums and have taken a 2nd job just so I can afford to properly fund my racing as the economy takes a dump.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Addicting is NOT a word. I though the internet was over this... the word is ADDICTIVE.

I hate to come over all Grammer Nazi but man, it's a hateful abuse of language.

However, i have to agree otherwise i wouldn't bother posting.

I describe it to friends.... racing Nitro is like playing playstation, in 3D and without the TV set

Oh, and just a little less swearing.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IanWright
Addicting is NOT a word. I though the internet was over this... the word is ADDICTIVE.

Dictionary.com

ad·dict (ə-dĭkt')
tr.v. ad·dict·ed, ad·dict·ing, ad·dicts

1. To cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on a habit-forming substance: The thief was addicted to cocaine.
2. To occupy (oneself) with or involve (oneself) in something habitually or compulsively: The child was addicted to video games.

n. (ād'ĭkt)

1. One who is addicted, as to narcotics or a compulsive activity.
2. A devoted adherent; a fan: "We are all . . . addicts of change" (Christopher Lasch).

[Latin addīcere, addict-, to sentence : ad-, ad- + dīcere, to adjudge; see deik- in Indo-European roots.]

Dam the internets.

I call my workshop the methlab because nothing else could be more addictive.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IanWright

However, i have to agree otherwise i wouldn't bother posting.

I describe it to friends.... racing Nitro is like playing playstation, in 3D and without the TV set

Oh, and just a little less swearing.
I can appreciate a guy who doesn't stand for shitty grammar but "oops"....dictionary!

A buddy of mine introduced me to this crack-like hobby just last March. Since they I've purchased a T-Maxx (mistake), a Jato (mistake 2), another Jato (mistake 3), an RC8 (finally got it right), a crap load of tools, a couple starter boxes, batteries and parts out the yin-yang, another RC8 (right again), and two Slashes (after I ran one off a dock into 30' of cold saltwater). I can't stay off these damn forums and I run my Slash almost daily at a local track we built in an empty lot because the next closest place was too far. Yes, I'm addicted. Damn this hobby!

Check the track though - four guys and some elbow grease. This thing is going to get ever better too. We show up with shovels, rakes, and a wheel barrow every time we go to run.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I spend at least 6 hours a day cruising r/c internet forums and have taken a 2nd job just so I can afford to properly fund my racing as the economy takes a dump.[/QUOTE]

+1
Old 02-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Losi 8ight, 8ight T, Micro-T
Traxxas Revo 3.3,
Axial AX-10
HPI E-Sav
OFNA MXB COMP (first buggy)

all in about 2 years. I also have a work station that is about 14' long, 7' high 2'wide. Peg board over half of it (peg board is AWESOME for organizing!) enough parts to basically build another 8ight. i hate winter around here because i'm a nitro guy and nitro racing stops in october but starts up here in April which is still a month away!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hi, my name is Madbrad and I too am addicted to RC racing.

I was into Drag racing for the longest time but the funds couldn’t keep up. I also have a two car garage and I blew the engine on one of my mustangs (another reason I stopped). Then I got into RC racing and needed more room. I took the broken mustang to my parent’s house so I could make a work shop for the RC's. I still need a better table, the one i have is only 4ft I think. I fold it up and take it with me on race days.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Since we are all addicted...

My name is Tex and I am addicted to RC racing as well.
My deal is once i get into something for more than a couple of years my wife says maybe you need to make a living at it. This is my third hobby that I might convert into a living.
I love looking for new products and speed solutions.
She also said I should try golf. Knowing this about myself, i said hell no.
Have fun and good luck.
TEX