Wiki Posts
Search

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Jimmy uses them because he likes pink. In support of breast cancer awareness, of course. Seriously Jimmy, when is Yokomo going to sponsor you. NO ONE talks up their products like you do and you are certainly a great representative for the company. ARE YOU LISTENING YOKOMO???
Your car looked good Saturday. Its a good thing you didn't have any more time to tweak your setup or we would have been in big trouble. You were coming on strong throughout the day.
Thanks for the kind words Tony. Too bad they do not have a USA distributor. There would be more of a presence here. Saturday was fun. If it was asphalt, setup would not have been a problem. But since it rained and we went indoors on carpet, I had a few things I wanted to play with. Unfortunitly I left Martins carpet setup at home. So I played with diffs, oneways, then ended up back on the spool. Just wish I knew my c-hub was cracked before the main. That made the car real hard to drive consistently. I will have some aluminum ones on the way though. Can't wait to head back up there. Lemme know when the next race is! I need to put your Photon into the wall so that we can see what else we can loose on your car!! J/k need to find a way to slow you down!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
.......l so that we can see what else we can loose on your car!! J/k need to find a way to slow you down!
I don't like to call it "missing parts". I prefer reactive kick-up. Either way, I've got them on order.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kschu
nothing wrong wit yokomo spring,

i only feel d hpi hv better rebound on asphalt ....
So do you think buying the HPI spring will be a better choice than buying the Yokomo progressive spring? I haven't got any other spring other than the one included in the kit.

Where did you get the HPI spring?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Initiate

If you get an ORCA, go to the ORCA thread in the Malaysian forums here on RCTech. They can give you some starting setups for 11.5.
Thanks, I will check them later.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -rv-
So do you think buying the HPI spring will be a better choice than buying the Yokomo progressive spring? I haven't got any other spring other than the one included in the kit.

Where did you get the HPI spring?
Im not sure about it ...i only know it's work better for me.....but i saw marc, jilles, viktor also using hpi spring as well....this oso goes to Xray driver like teimu leino n alexander...

u can ask elwyn @ hobbyhaven to source for u .....
Old 10-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kschu
Im not sure about it ...i only know it's work better for me.....but i saw marc, jilles, viktor also using hpi spring as well....this oso goes to Xray driver like teimu leino n alexander...

u can ask elwyn @ hobbyhaven to source for u .....
I think I should try the HPI spring as well...
Anyway, I feel like HobbyHaven is kinda slow in replying emails. When I ordered my BD5 from them I have to called them few times just to get them to reply my email.
Well, it is not a bad thing only that it would be much better if they are able to reply my emails within seconds
Yeah I know it's just me, I just can't stand waiting for a reply within few days, I want it to be quick
Old 10-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -rv-
I think I should try the HPI spring as well...
Anyway, I feel like HobbyHaven is kinda slow in replying emails. When I ordered my BD5 from them I have to called them few times just to get them to reply my email.
Well, it is not a bad thing only that it would be much better if they are able to reply my emails within seconds
Yeah I know it's just me, I just can't stand waiting for a reply within few days, I want it to be quick
Hi -rv-,

Sorry that keep you waiting.

Thank you for your support and comment.

We will get to improve our service from the feedback of our customer. Your feedback is very important to us.

Thanks,
Elwyn
Old 10-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Jimmy uses them because he likes pink. In support of breast cancer awareness, of course. Seriously Jimmy, when is Yokomo going to sponsor you. NO ONE talks up their products like you do and you are certainly a great representative for the company. ARE YOU LISTENING YOKOMO???
Your car looked good Saturday. Its a good thing you didn't have any more time to tweak your setup or we would have been in big trouble. You were coming on strong throughout the day.
Jimmy may seem like the quite type, but he is very passionate about the health of women's breast....

I second that nomination! Jimmy is the man to see around here for Yokomo knowledge and setup help. He is always fast ( even if he won't say it ) and his driving and suspension tuning knowledge shows how capable the BD5 is.

Hobby Haven, your lucky to have Jimmy representing you...he wears a Hobby Haven shirt every day he races, promotes your business to all the locals etc. You have a A++ racer
Old 10-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Timmie
Jimmy may seem like the quite type, but he is very passionate about the health of women's breast....

I second that nomination! Jimmy is the man to see around here for Yokomo knowledge and setup help. He is always fast ( even if he won't say it ) and his driving and suspension tuning knowledge shows how capable the BD5 is.

Hobby Haven, your lucky to have Jimmy representing you...he wears a Hobby Haven shirt every day he races, promotes your business to all the locals etc. You have a A++ racer
Timmie!!...... Timmie.... Timmie!!!! Thanks for the kind words stranger. Do I know you from somewhere?? Timmie is an old good friend of mine. He's an awesome rep for the Tamiya TB03. Just too bad Yok does not have an up-to-date shaft car with BD5 suspension on it. If they do come out with one, I will convert Timmie over to it... as well as myself! Hey Timmie, been thinking about the Snowbirds. I'm not saying I'm going. But I'm entertaining the idea. I love the classes they have selected. I'm thinking Mod Rubber Tire... what you think?? Time to get some practice at Debbies. 4.0 mod and lipo... insane in the membrane!!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

how is the BD5 on hairpins and 180 degree turnarounds?
Old 10-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
how is the BD5 on hairpins and 180 degree turnarounds?
it's GREAT! using 8mm ankerman plate and also the 42mm ff and fr suspension block...
Old 10-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Timmie!!...... Timmie.... Timmie!!!! Thanks for the kind words stranger. Do I know you from somewhere?? Timmie is an old good friend of mine. He's an awesome rep for the Tamiya TB03. Just too bad Yok does not have an up-to-date shaft car with BD5 suspension on it. If they do come out with one, I will convert Timmie over to it... as well as myself! Hey Timmie, been thinking about the Snowbirds. I'm not saying I'm going. But I'm entertaining the idea. I love the classes they have selected. I'm thinking Mod Rubber Tire... what you think?? Time to get some practice at Debbies. 4.0 mod and lipo... insane in the membrane!!
Yeah tell me about it...Yokomo SSG SD was beautiful you shouldn't have sold that one...

Well keep entertaining that idea sounds good to me

4 turn at debbies indoors? Ummm you first.....LOL
Old 10-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Hmmmm, okay. I'll setup the TA05 for stock and the BD5 for mod. This should be fun...
Old 10-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Martin, have you figured out lipo yet? Do you know which motor (turns) they used for Vegas? 5.5 and lipo? What kind of gearing do you recommend for that? Indoor carpet. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Elwyn Lee
Hi -rv-,

Sorry that keep you waiting.

Thank you for your support and comment.

We will get to improve our service from the feedback of our customer. Your feedback is very important to us.

Thanks,
Elwyn
It's nice to know you Elwyn. As I said on previous page, shops with HobbyHaven is way better than shops at my LHS.

Originally Posted by Timmie
I dont' know Jimmy but I shop at HobbyHaven because of his experience, I saw many times in this thread he recommends HH and I don't regret buying stuff from HH even though HongKong store price is cheaper.

Great Service...... priceless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.