Wiki Posts
Search

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
The changed suspension mount design is simply down to the fact that the wishbones are shorter which requires wider mounts. If they'd stick with the old design the chassi plate would have to be bloody wide.

Regarding the wear on the diff outdtives

Use a proper joint grease and grease the cvd pin and the diff outdrive

Then wear will be minimal

Outdtives should be replaced as soon as you can see a groove
use a anti-wear grease? how about a CVD blade? its 2009.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

lets analyze that.. IMO the blade causes more friction than a fresh outdrive(greased with anti-wear grease). So for performance, I vote for the old outdrive and bone method!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default set-up

first set-up from Team Yokomo website

http://www.teamyokomo.com/jpn/downlo...401takashi.pdf
Old 04-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Initiate

i just order up BD5 with all the goods cant wait to build it and get back on the track just hope its strong cuz getting parts could suck
Old 04-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ah Damn....Eric is back in the GAME.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Right back in it cant wait to see what i break first castor block knuckle arm all in one o well im excited
Old 04-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Torres
Right back in it cant wait to see what i break first castor block knuckle arm all in one o well im excited
So it's going to be less durable than my MR4TC?
Old 04-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Don't bring nothing wack out to speedworld.... Glad you're back bro.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Initiate

yep cant wait i hope its as strong as the HotBodies cars stil not sure what battery/motor/speedcontrol set up to go with was thinking reedy5000 with lrp spx with Xpress/trinity motors Hey Fpart do u think any of the old bd parts will work on this car like a spool give us a race report when u get a chance
Thanks
Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Bypass the Reedy battery and get the Thunderpower or SMC 40c packs.Unless your running Mod,you need everything to be on point in the power department.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Roger
Old 04-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yep cant wait i hope its as strong as the HotBodies cars stil not sure what battery/motor/speedcontrol set up to go with was thinking reedy5000 with lrp spx with Xpress/trinity motors Hey Fpart do u think any of the old bd parts will work on this car like a spool give us a race report when u get a chance
Thanks
I hope it's stronger than the Hot Bodies! All the ones I've seen, break on or two runs... Either from tapping the wall, or the track being rough (rally style)
Old 04-08-2009, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

70% of the way of assembling mine.
I was excited to get the car, even after the money I paid to replace my original BD. Opening the box I was both intrigued and disappionted with various area of the car, and the amount of air that you get in the box must be something special, but I just let it out not knowing any different.

Good points - the steering linkage system, but with too much slop - the suspension pins are now 3 mm about bloody time. - Clamping hubs - EXCELLENT carbon fibre parts and so on - Associated sway bar mount system and front hubs - micro adjustment shock towers front and rear

The not so good points - Requirement of specially drilled spur gears for motor adjustment, Not so excited about the spring mounted diff carrier detent ball system, can't wait till someone looses a ball. Bloody oneways again - weak top deck again if you are caught in a big one (ouch) - TOO much slop in the steering rack (about 1 mm of shiming required and no shims)

I am amazed at the half copied tamiya 416 motor mount with a front brace to centre the load. Yokomo are not as clever as tamyia by not leaving a gap with a spcers under the front of the mount so you can choose to run it stiff or flexy.
I will give it its first run on Friday night and see how it performs on med grip small hard surface track.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Oldfart - will you be debuting the little fella at windsor on friday night? Or at least bring it down for some show and tell?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

will you be debuting the little fella at windsor on friday night?
I was hoping to, but have found a major flaw in the quality with the top deck alignment to the bulk heads that will tweak the chassis, even without a motor in place.
I have been going through the final assembly and am getting very disapointed with the quality of the car. I would swear that some components have been out sourced to China or India when you look at these.
Things like the top deck will not align with the front and rear bulk head and motor mount screw holes and cause a tweak in the chassis. The top deck is also extremely thin around the motor mount after the removal of material to clear the motor and I bet it would be the first place to break in a decent hit.
The anodising and finish on some alloy parts are different colours ranging from Tamyia blue to the true dark blue.

I have sent an email with photos off to Yokomo, as well as RCchamp asking to forward it onto Yokomo for comments.
At this point of time, I would not recommend this car to anyone until the problems can be solved.

Last edited by fastolfart; 07-15-2010 at 02:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.