Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Yokomo TC, the BD-5 >

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Old 04-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Ronald, I always look forward to your comments and suggestions! I recently tried to raise the rear roll center on my BD5 with 1mm shims under the suspension mounts. Unfortunately, the mount interferes with the rear belt when raised past .5mm. How would you solve this problem?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by kschu
u mean u use Roche Lightweight Axle ?

http://www.roche.hk/shopping/index.p...product_id=414
Old 04-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

For those who are looking for Ronald'setups, you can get them on petit
HTH
Old 04-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Roche Lw Axle

brother sister site...

Old 04-07-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok Kschu , turns a lot, does not vibrate.
Sorry for the google translation .
Old 04-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by keithlaw
Could anyone kind enough to tell me what the bump steer setting on the setting sheet means?
What is the effect on handling if I put spacer there?
I'm not sure,maybe someone else can explain that..

Originally Posted by pcar951
Ronald, I always look forward to your comments and suggestions! I recently tried to raise the rear roll center on my BD5 with 1mm shims under the suspension mounts. Unfortunately, the mount interferes with the rear belt when raised past .5mm. How would you solve this problem?
You can change the position of the diff (high instead of low) but I think that cost grip. So in my opinion just dont care about the belt touching the mount
Old 04-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by keithlaw
Could anyone kind enough to tell me what the bump steer setting on the setting sheet means?
What is the effect on handling if I put spacer there?
Directly form the Xray setup Manual (the only thing that i like about Xray )

Bump steer is an undesirable handling effect that occurs when a car’s front toe
angle changes as its suspension compresses or rebounds, from the position that
was pre-set using a setup station.
To reduce or eliminate bump steer, the angle of the steering rods must be changed.
This is easily accomplished by using shims between the outer steering rod ends
and the steering blocks.
Bump steer is a suspension tuning option commonly used in off-road RC racing
to change steering characteristics over rough and loose terrain. However, we
strongly recommend eliminating bump steer in touring car suspensions

Hoping this can help you, i normally use 0,5mm, my feeling is to have the steering rod more "flat" respect to the ground.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default steering needed

hi guys, back from a test weekend with the BD5w. i took ronalds setup from the euros 2010 with sorex36 tires. had to go with a slightly thinner oil as the track had a low to medium traction (400 MM). rest of setup was similar. i also stuck with the spec.r double joint drive shafts.

however, the car would not create enough steering. our track is rather small with lots of tight 180°'s and so front end grip is an absolute must.

i tried to lay down rear shocks, went from 3° to 2.5° in the back, played a little bit with rollcenters. but the car would not react in any way to those changes and kept pushing on corner entry.

any ideas how to creat more steering and get rid of the corner entry understeer??

i used the marc rheinard additive on the sorex tires for 20min with 60° heaters. pretty standard.

also what happend was, the first 3 laps the car was perfect. after that it seems the additive was gone and the car went into under-steer modus. any ideas on better additive use on the sorex tires??

any ideas welcome!!! pretty much ran out of ideas already what to try next.

cheers
v
Old 04-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

When the tire additive goes out too fast I think it is because my tires work too much so I use softer springs to make the tire work less.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nico'
Hi,

When the tire additive goes out too fast I think it is because my tires work too much so I use softer springs to make the tire work less.
the effect was the same as i tried yokomo pink/blue which are pretty soft and also i tried hpi silver/silver or hpi pink/silver.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vitomon
hi guys, back from a test weekend with the BD5w. i took ronalds setup from the euros 2010 with sorex36 tires. had to go with a slightly thinner oil as the track had a low to medium traction (400 MM). rest of setup was similar. i also stuck with the spec.r double joint drive shafts.

however, the car would not create enough steering. our track is rather small with lots of tight 180°'s and so front end grip is an absolute must.

i tried to lay down rear shocks, went from 3° to 2.5° in the back, played a little bit with rollcenters. but the car would not react in any way to those changes and kept pushing on corner entry.

any ideas how to creat more steering and get rid of the corner entry understeer??

i used the marc rheinard additive on the sorex tires for 20min with 60° heaters. pretty standard.

also what happend was, the first 3 laps the car was perfect. after that it seems the additive was gone and the car went into under-steer modus. any ideas on better additive use on the sorex tires??

any ideas welcome!!! pretty much ran out of ideas already what to try next.

cheers
v
Try normal cvds.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by defcone
Try normal cvds.
that actually was my next move. however, shouldn't the double cvs give more steering due to no shattering and a calmer car? that was the argument i based the buy of the things on.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vitomon
that actually was my next move. however, shouldn't the double cvs give more steering due to no shattering and a calmer car? that was the argument i based the buy of the things on.
I think the chatter kind of gives natural drag brakes and slows the car down. You could try ball diff as well or lighter gear diff oil.

I'm running the same setup as well, and not getting any form of understeer.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default re

For my part i have to remove slices on links 8mm ,tilted shock absorbers before and he one better
Old 04-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i am running the same setup and my car steers wayyyyy to much had to dail it down a little

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.