Wiki Posts
Search

Rules for Mod Slash?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Default Rules for Mod Slash?

I'm curious if there is a set of rules set that most LHS follow. I can't seem to find much on the web. Thinking of picking up a slash class so I'm not sitting in the pits staring at a wall for 2 hours between heats, and I don't wanna run spec slash with the kiddies, because that would be too much pwnage.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

At our LHS for mod Slash(indoor right now), run whatever you want, most run stock suspension, but with aluminum shock caps, RPM a-arms, and a brushless system, typically a Novak or a Mamba. Only 1 guys runs foam, most run stock tires, but once the outdoor track is open, the tires should change.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

The local tracks here (Southern California) the Open/Mod Slash is just that open. An electric slayer (or SC8) can run in the class. It basically means 'a body that resembles a competition race truck with the wheels covered. Everything else is open.

Tim
Old 02-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

yea at ocrc anything looking like a corr truck is allowed..however a lot of the slash guys just run a stock slash...a couple are modded and there is an SC8 and BR50(robitronics) that have been run there 2
Old 02-25-2009, 02:14 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Are track was looking into an open Slash class but so far we just run them pretty stock. The open class will mainly be just a motor swap to a brushless system and keep everything else pretty stock. Still very cheap racing if you just allow any motor and speedo type. Also very easy to tech.