Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Three big events in the same weekend WOW

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Three big events in the same weekend WOW

hey all: There were three big 1/8th off road nitro events this past weekend the dirt nitro challenge,motorama and the florida state series round 3. Why all three on same weekend and because of the down economy other than maybe the nationals do you see a trend developing for '09 and beyond were drivers and teams will be racing closer to home rather than do alot of traveling to events to be able to save some money? Thanks for the info

Last edited by b-man777; 02-24-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Just chance scheduling. Won't change for the bigtime racers I would think. They have to get out and win to support their brands.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Even with all three events going on it sure didn't hurt the turnout. The NC had 490 entries and Motorama had over 600 entries between nitro, electric and rock-crawlers. I sure hope this is a good sign that RC is going to be big this year!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonysScrews
Even with all three events going on it sure didn't hurt the turnout. The NC had 490 entries and Motorama had over 600 entries between nitro, electric and rock-crawlers. I sure hope this is a good sign that RC is going to be big this year!
While I agree with that (I was at MOTORAMA and it was awesome!!) I think there would have been more big name drivers at motorama had it been on a different weekend than the nitro challenge. I think alot of the big name guys would have been there, but they were busy with the NC. Not sure if that is true but seems like motorama would atleast draw the guys that go to CRCRC if it was on a different weekend.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

I'm with Tony. There could be big events all over and the turnout would still be big on all of them.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
While I agree with that (I was at MOTORAMA and it was awesome!!) I think there would have been more big name drivers at motorama had it been on a different weekend than the nitro challenge. I think alot of the big name guys would have been there, but they were busy with the NC. Not sure if that is true but seems like motorama would atleast draw the guys that go to CRCRC if it was on a different weekend.

I had the opposite feeling...I think allot of the big name drivers also went to Motorama...I would have loved to have a more complete pro class here at The Nitro Pit...while we had our fair share of pro's, there was a least 5-8 more that I would have loved to watch drive..I was thrilled that our Hometown buddy Ryan won.. maybe its a good thing some of the pros were at Motorama....
Old 02-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes, I agree that more big names would have been at Motorama this past weekend if the NC was on a different weekend but then there would have been less local racers....LOL The dates are already set for Motorama 2010 so hopefully Joey can work it out so that the NC is on a different date.

There is just too much other cool stuff going on at this event to not go to Motorama. Believe me after Kris Moore, Mark Pavidas and a bunch of other guys came out from the West coast they will be bringing a lot more with them next year.

I'm also mad I had to miss the NC as I've been wanting to go for years and the Nitro Pit looks AWESOME!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonysScrews
I agree

At least around here the races are growing back to where they were when i stopped racing back in 2003