Genius GM PRO 120 - PLEASE HELP!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Genius GM PRO 120 - PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Genius GM PRO 120 - PLEASE HELP!!

Please can someone help me as I am going mad! Bought this speedo last week and ran on mode 0 today for the first time. Went ok (except for bending one the connecting pins in sensor plug but managed to straighten it.
The problem I have got is connecting to the pc. I have downloaded softerware (V1.1.1, is this correct?) and checked the port (8) but simply wont connect. The light is showing on the lead connector but when I plu the speedo in and turn it n (hilst holding the set button) the lights do nothing. I thought they were supposed to flash 6 times then release.
I found another piece of software of GM website but don't think that is right.

I am close to throwing this thing out the window especially as my mate has bought the bargain losi excelorin set up and was merrily sitting at the laptop tweaking his speedo!
As a last resort can someone tell me who is the distributor in case they have as tech dept.
Thanks in advance
Old 02-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

download the usb software and install this first. after that you install the other software. plug the usb in the pc. after that clink download software or somting right under in the corner of the menu of the gm software.
than it asks to connect the speedo.
than it must work
Old 02-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Hi

A, there's a gm-racing brushless threat here, where questions get usually answered and if I'm not mistaken something similar got asked already

B, if you use the USB interface you don't have to do anything to the ESC except to plug the wire into the esc

C, leave me a message and I am sure I can solve your problems

Greetz.

Martin.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Default GM Genius Pro

Thanks guys. Would you believe it, after putting post on last night I thought I would try re-installing software and found a V1.1.5! Then it seemed to work....hurrah.
One question though still. It seems you have to receive data. then unplug and plug back in esc before you can send data???
Old 02-23-2009, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

You don't need to unplug it

Just click send data
Old 06-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
I've just bought the Gm Genius 120 speed controller, but I'm having a few problems with it.

The first being, the software, i cannot find it anywhere? Has anyone got an exact link, the sites that I find are german. And I cant speak german

Can someone find a link for me to get it from, as from that I will be able to setup my speed controller

thanks
Chris
Old 06-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Guys,

As Martin stated earlier, there already is a GM topic:
You'd better search in there, and if you can't find it there, you can post your question there.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...shless-49.html