Wiki Posts
Search

Tracks near New York?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Tracks near New York?

Hi I live in westchester New York and I am trying to find some tracks nearby to race outdoor or indoor niitro. I know about barnstormers rc but is there anything else I should be looking at? Thanks in advance
Old 02-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Long Island Raceway
Old 02-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Im not sure if they run nitro indoors there
Old 02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok I'll check it out but really looking for some outdoor racing. Does anyone know if xtreme rc in jersey has offroad?
Old 02-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

im from yonkers, there is barnstormers about an halfhour from here, and there is a track on east gunhill rd in the bronx. it isnt an official track and by the end of july it gets rutted out so buggies arent an option if u havent bought a car allready i would suggest revos, savages, or lst2s to get the most handling from the track. bruckner hobbies, thunder hobbies, and the guys that run at the track all pitch in to attemp to keep the track in running order. the track is mostly like a sandy type of dirt. it isnt sand but it gets kicked up so one of the guys that run with us asked for some money and bought a water pump to try to keep the dirt from getting kicked up. we are working with the parks department to try and get a permit to put some real dirt down and maybe some clay. every body there is nic and will help u fix and tune ur truck. there is no fee to run at the track but we all put time and effort into the track to maintain it. if u do come spectrum is a must doesnt matter which one but definetly needed, bring spare airfilters, and LOTS of fuel because u could end up spending all day there. on weekends get there early cause parking can be hard.. everybody is nice and completely willing to help with anything. this track isnt for racing but it is great for having fun. dont go out and buy expensive engines.

Last edited by wheelie boy; 02-23-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

cool I think I will check it out, any other suggestions?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by [email protected]
cool I think I will check it out, any other suggestions?
wait a little bit before u check it out i am sure that it looks like a dust bowl now, but when the season starts it will be fixed up.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

For outdoor nitro you have barnstormers in Chester, NY: Rampage in Hyde Park, NY: Wolcott Hobby in Waterbury area CT: RC Madness in Enfield, CT: RC excitement in Fitchburg, MA: Pinshop hobbies is somewhere near the CT and NY line.

RC excitement also has some indoor nitro events. There is also indoor electric offroad at Barnstormers, Long Island Raceway, RCHR in Waterbury CT, and RC excitement.

If you want to know where more are call Chris at the barnfloor, located through barnstormers NY website. He runs the track and the hobby shop he knows alot about nitro and that boy is wicked fast.

If you are bored this weekend go up to RCHR and check out the indoor offroad 1/10th scale ROAR regional races on SAT. and SUN. For hours and directions check out RCHR.biz.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Team Humboldt RC Raceway

The track is located @ 828 W. Hawthorne in Eureka CA. Hours are Thursday-Sunday Noon-Dark price 15$ non member and 10$ for members and ROAR membership is required
Here is the schedule of events for the year
Old 02-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am in new york california is a little far
Old 02-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default miles mountain mx

I just posted a topic on the new track opening at miles mountain in Elkland, PA. right near the NY. boarder.
check it out.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

i saw the website and got all excited but it is 4 hours away from westchester county. goodluck. the track sounds like it will be VERRY VERRY nice. u will be getting some serious racers there. sounds better than wollcott.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

long island raceway does indoor friday nights over the summer but enough people need to show up. last year only a handful of nights had 5+ guys to run nitro. altyough we do have fierce 1/10 scale electric raceing every friday doors open at 2pm
Old 03-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default CRC RACEWAY

This is in rome N.Y indoor onroad and outdoor offroad pro series races north east . heres a link to there site hope to see you this summer .teamcrc.com
Old 03-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just checked and its 4 hhours away. I wish I could go it looks awwesome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.