there is another track in NY, sirclegion.com
Old 03-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

im really looking for off-road
Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

heres your answer with some pictures, distances from the city and forecasts as well as a google map of most off road nitro in the region.

http://index.rcnyc.net-a.googlepages.com/trackmap
Old 03-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wheelie boy
im from yonkers, there is barnstormers about an halfhour from here, and there is a track on east gunhill rd in the bronx. it isnt an official track and by the end of july it gets rutted out so buggies arent an option if u havent bought a car allready i would suggest revos, savages, or lst2s to get the most handling from the track. bruckner hobbies, thunder hobbies, and the guys that run at the track all pitch in to attemp to keep the track in running order. the track is mostly like a sandy type of dirt. it isnt sand but it gets kicked up so one of the guys that run with us asked for some money and bought a water pump to try to keep the dirt from getting kicked up. we are working with the parks department to try and get a permit to put some real dirt down and maybe some clay. every body there is nic and will help u fix and tune ur truck. there is no fee to run at the track but we all put time and effort into the track to maintain it. if u do come spectrum is a must doesnt matter which one but definetly needed, bring spare airfilters, and LOTS of fuel because u could end up spending all day there. on weekends get there early cause parking can be hard.. everybody is nice and completely willing to help with anything. this track isnt for racing but it is great for having fun. dont go out and buy expensive engines.
So how is it going with the park department on getting the permit? i hope they can help us out. We need a nice offroad track so we can have events there.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by guss2009
So how is it going with the park department on getting the permit? i hope they can help us out. We need a nice offroad track so we can have events there.
this is what i posted in the other thread... same topic.

Yes! We are in the process of getting an official off road track in the city.

The park is called Fort Knox park and people have been running rc cars there for 30 years. The city is in the process of redesigning Shoe Lace & Fort Knox parks and our goal is to get the city to approve our plans for an official track at Kort Knox. Our plans for the track are at rcnyc.net.

The Bronx River Alliance and the Park Designer/Architect currently have an online survey at shoelacepark.bronxriver.org . If you live in or visit the area and would like to see an official rc track as part of the design for Shoe Lace & Fort Knox parks, please express this in questions 10 & 11 of the survey.

http://shoelacepark.bronxriver.org/?pg=survey
Old 04-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by baruke1

The park is called Fort Knox park and people have been running rc cars there for 30 years. The city is in the process of redesigning Shoe Lace & Fort Knox parks and our goal is to get the city to approve our plans for an official track at Kort Knox. Our plans for the track are at rcnyc.net.

The Bronx River Alliance and the Park Designer/Architect currently have an online survey at shoelacepark.bronxriver.org . If you live in or visit the area and would like to see an official rc track as part of the design for Shoe Lace & Fort Knox parks, please express this in questions 10 & 11 of the survey.

http://shoelacepark.bronxriver.org/?pg=survey
Thanks for giving me some good info. I hope things are going well and that we can get a nice offroad track soon. I will past the survey around so that we get what we want in the park and have fun.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by baruke1

Great info, I took the survey. Would be happy to volunteer time for track building and maintenance.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

next spring.......barnstormers(http://www.barnstormersrc.com/), wolcott hobbies(http://www.wolcotthobby.com/news.php), pin shop hobbies(http://www.pinshophobbies.com/index.html, station2raceway(http://www.ssdevelopment.net/station2/main/index.php) all great palces to race. i live in somers, ny and travel to these tracks during the warmer months.......
Old 08-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

xtreme rc in nj, does not have offroad, does carpet electric 1/12 etc...
Old 09-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I know there is a track at station #2 in middletown, NY which i think would be your closest.. there is also a great track just over the border in CT forget the name but they host the pro-series nitro racing event yearly as well. CRC in Utica is worth the trip for Sunday racing.. some of the best racers around and a great facility.. (my home track) they also host a pro-series event yearly (usually late june)