Fieago

Old 02-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fieago

Hey I was just wondering what motor I should get I am planing on getting a used brusless buggy and I know that it could use a better motor then the one it has and I got to looking at the fieago on rc-monster.com but as I was doing so I don't know what turn I should get. I am going to be running a 4s lipo and I don't know which one would be best. I also am converting a brushless revo and I want to run 6s and I was also wondering what motor you would suggest for that. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Rookie

I need the help.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stay away from Feigao motors. They will turn into paperweights in no time. If you don't want to spend too much more, look into the Medusa research motors that are also sold at RC-monster. The 36-60 2000kv motor is a mild buggy motor on 4s but can be run on up to 6s for speed runs. The 36-70 1600kv motor would be a good all around motor for the revo on 6s.

Their are also the Neu 15xx series motors. Highly recommended, but a bit more expensive.

What sort of speeds are you looking for and what will each setup be used for (racing/bashing)?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

you can also purchase the castle creations motors seperately, seen them for about $150 Shipped at a few places. these would be great.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Both of them will be used for racing and I will look them into the medusa. The buggy for sure will be ran on a 4 cell and the revo Idk yet what it will be used for. Thanks for all of the imput anymore can help.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The medusa 36-60-2000 on 4s will be great for racing then, while both Castle Neu motors may be a little too fast.

I can't really comment any more in terms of what to use for the revo, since I don't have experience with truggies/monster trucks, but I know for sure that the the Castle Neu 2200 will be insane on 6s and better for racing on 4s.