Don't buy MP9

Old 02-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Jaz240;5449401]
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You

You forgot to mention how damn ugly the Losi 8T 2.0 is, they should have called it a trugly!

Couldn't agree with you more...my driving sucks also, and Some of the crashes this buggy has taken are unbelieveable, and the fact that I have not broken anything is amazing..808's are tanks, and I also will never buy, or drive anything else! I'd love to know how XRAY makes indestructable plastic
Simple, they do not buy on the shelf compound solution. They are Do it yourself compagny. They probably own a compounding line of production like that.

I'm working in plastics. Making a compound that can be used on line of production and fits Conditions of contract ask a lot of R&D. This kind of care, I'm sure Kyosho doesn't bother working on it anymore.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Or... you could just crash into less stuff
Old 02-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

Kyosho plastics have always been on the brittle side (When compared to others), this can have its advantages and disadvantages.

In cold weather on a track with large jumps you will always be butt puckering, and listening for a snapping sound if not landed well. On the other hand that harder plastic gives you less arm flex and a more consistent, and planted feel. In warm weather Kyosho plastics don't break as easy, and might even give you a slight advantage over some softer overly flexible plastics used by other companies. However if your Kyosho, and you know your plasctics are on the hard side; why not make the arms a bit more beefy?

....and yes the Xray 808 arms will NEVER break, but they can build a memory over the life of the arm 6+ gallons. Its up to you what would you rather have, broken arms or bent arms... LOL!

....ohh and that Losi 2.0 truggy looks like a giant tadpole, but some people like tadpoles... LOL!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Competition should drive the price down, but in K's case their price has gone up. What exactly does the MP9 have that the Losi, Mugen, XRAY, and Team AE don't have? Well for some folks if they pay more it has to be better. More power to you in that case.
The Japanese yen vs USD exchange rate would be a big factor.

http://www.x-rates.com/d/JPY/USD/graph120.html
Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by secretsg
The Japanese yen vs USD exchange rate would be a big factor.

http://www.x-rates.com/d/JPY/USD/graph120.html
This graph only goes back to September '08. Are you saying that Kyosho planned and then caused the world recession and preemptively jacked up their prices? Damn them, I was looking for someone to blame for all of this!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

sounds like a little bit of user error to me...

The kit is priced way steeper then its worth, but it isnt a cheap car by any means
Old 02-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dale is complaning about the car since day one... never understood why he didn't change directly to something else..and then probably discover that the other car will brake too....learn your son how to drive, spent some time doing that instead off writing off your problems on forums.. but hey, it's a free world... I guess...
Old 02-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Nevermind
Old 02-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dale14
I never thought I would say this but DON'T waste your money on the MP9.

Like all new releases it has issues, some Kyosho are fixing but the biggest problem is the front end which they have no plans to fix as they don't think anything is wrong.
We have had every model K Car since the 7.5 K1 and have never broken a front arm. We get the MP9 and today front arm no 10 has broken. The hinge pin doesn't bend and there is no other damage to the car which suggests the arms are weak as. I could go on about the efforts I have made to communicate the issue to Kyosho suffice to say it has been a waste of time.
Once again I say don't buy the Buggy as you will regret it.

Steve (Dales Dad)
Ah yes, have you tried this simple fix many of the US factory drivers swear by?

try not crashing....... works a treat......
Old 02-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

I have seen ALOT of MP9's have problems, which is always expected with a new car. They all have issues at first, just read RC Tech

But, don't hammer the poor guy for telling us the problems, I can't see breaking 10 arms ALL being his fault??? That just does not seem right. Koytoy guys are sensative You have to admit, $850.00 is alot for a kit. And from what all the K car lovers say, it ought to be winning everything. My opinion, thats why Kyosho picked up Tebo, cause the Red army just has not been dominating at all. I think Tebo will bring alot to Kyosho.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Davross
Ah yes, have you tried this simple fix many of the US factory drivers swear by?

try not crashing....... works a treat......

He's rite...

Oh and it's garunteed to work too, give it a shot you'll see
Old 02-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
I have seen ALOT of MP9's have problems, which is always expected with a new car. They all have issues at first, just read RC Tech

But, don't hammer the poor guy for telling us the problems, I can't see breaking 10 arms ALL being his fault??? That just does not seem right. Koytoy guys are sensative You have to admit, $850.00 is alot for a kit. And from what all the K car lovers say, it ought to be winning everything. My opinion, thats why Kyosho picked up Tebo, cause the Red army just has not been dominating at all. I think Tebo will bring alot to Kyosho.
well if it ain't his driving then he prolly doesnt have the car put together right
Old 02-18-2009, 03:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I don't run or really like Kyosho but I can say this:

If something is wrong they will fix it, period
Old 02-18-2009, 03:53 PM
H9
Tech Adept

Just some background - Dale and Steve have been the most loyal Kyosho drivers I know, and have been for many, many years. For Steve to say 'don't buy one' is almost like Tim Bump saying don't buy a Hyper 9! There isn't much about Kyosho's that Steve doesn't know.

Dale is one of Australia's top drivers, and doesn't crash into things too often. He pushes his car hard, and its this that they are having issues with since day one with the MP9. Its not standing up to the punishment. With the Australian Nationals on next month (held on their home track), Dale has been putting in plenty of hours on the track. I would be expecting Dale to finish in the top 5, if his car can handle it...

To quote Steve from another forum - "Like all new releases it has issues, some Kyosho are fixing but the biggest problem is the front end which they have no plans to fix as they don't think anything is wrong.
We have had every model K Car since the 7.5 K1 and have never broken a front arm. We get the MP9 and today front arm no 10 has broken. The hinge pin doesn't bend and there is no other damage to the car which suggests the arms are weak as. I could go on about the efforts I have made to communicate the issue to Kyosho suffice to say it has been a waste of time."
Old 02-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RyyRyy
He's rite...

Oh and it's garunteed to work too, give it a shot you'll see
That's the stupidest thing I ever heard from both of you......Dont Crash?!?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.