Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lightin'
They have been making synthetic grease for as long as they have been making synthetic oil.

I know the "technical name" for them ~ but there's no reason to oil or grease them.
never seen the grease in any store , on Losi's there is an O ring in the nut itself that is really hard to adjust on the shock collars. This just makes it easier to adjust, that's all it was suggested for. I use Teflon grease for all of my applications, it is some good stuff. Tri Flow is also good.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by xDaRReLLx87
never seen the grease in any store
Only been around for like 20 years or so.

If you grease the preload collars, while it makes them easier to adjust it also makes them easier to adjust themselves (while running = not good) and it's another thing to atract dirt and need cleaning (not good).
Old 04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Only been around for like 20 years or so.

If you grease the preload collars, while it makes them easier to adjust it also makes them easier to adjust themselves (while running = not good) and it's another thing to atract dirt and need cleaning (not good).
Well, I have never seen it an any auto-parts store.
That's if you put to much you "only" grease the o ring in the nut itself, not the actual collar

Are you using the Factory Team shocks or regular AE kind?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by xDaRReLLx87
Well, I have never seen it an any auto-parts store.
That's if you put to much you "only" grease the o ring in the nut itself, not the actual collar

Are you using the Factory Team shocks or regular AE kind?
You should get out more.

Only the Factory Team shocks are threaded, though internally both work the same.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

You should get out more.

Only the Factory Team shocks are threaded, though internally both work the same.
I do
Old 04-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The shocks work with air in them, you don't want to get all the air out. I use GS Racing o-rings in my b4 and my T4 and all I have to say is wow!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by porkey
The shocks work with air in them, you don't want to get all the air out. I use GS Racing o-rings in my b4 and my T4 and all I have to say is wow!
GH Racing, do make some good quality O-Rings. I've never had to resort to those measures with my RC10GT Factory Team shocks. A lot of guys with RC10B4's, RC10gt2's and T4's seem to upgrade to Losi Shocks. Least in my area.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ok Darrell,
I'm gonna have to JUDY CHOP you.

LoL, I know in car Engines NOW, the use Synthetetic OIL. They also use Synthetic GREASE all over the car, Bearings, Universal Joints, Chassis, Suspension. So here you go for all your viewing pleasure

Oh and I have been woking with AE shocks since I had a GT and B2, B3, T3, B4, and T4.... To let you know the quality of there shocks have greatly declined.

Josh
Old 04-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoshM20
Ok Darrell,

LoL, I know in car Engines NOW, the use Synthetetic OIL. They also use Synthetic GREASE all over the car, Bearings, Universal Joints, Chassis, Suspension. So here you go for all your viewing pleasure

Oh and I have been woking with AE shocks since I had a GT and B2, B3, T3, B4, and T4.... To let you know the quality of there shocks have greatly declined.

Josh
Now there's some grease!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JoshM20
Ok Darrell,

Josh
Now what stores do you get that from, I haven't seen it in any stores around here but I've only looked at Wal*Mart and Advanced Auto Parts. I believed you lol just said I never saw it but now I have Have you ever tried Teflon grease? I can say that Mungen and Losi seem to make great shocks these days. I have long ago upgraded my RC10GT that I've had for say 12-13 years lol to Losi Shocks. I still have the old school O.S CV in it Many Helicopter users use this suff called Tri-Flow it works great.
Sounds like AE needs to get back on their game
Old 04-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

LoL, That is a serious Overkill amount, I've had that for years and not put a dent in it.

I forget where I got it, I would try Auto Zone or Napa.

AE shocks have became crap really, I Like my Losi shocks much more. Alot less maintenance. I have heard good things about the Kyosho and Hot bodies Shocks on AE cars.

If I see it the next time I srop at the auto part store I will let you know which one.

Josh

Edit: I have not used Teflon Grease before, I will have to pick some up and try it out. Where do you pick it up at? Yea I had alot of great times with the OS CV and CZ
Old 04-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Ive been rebuilding AE Shocks for almost 20 years, just by following the directions.

With no additives or preservatives.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T
Ive been rebuilding AE Shocks for almost 20 years, just by following the directions.

Wait, you mean to tell me I'm the only one that uses Smuckers Racing Jam?
Old 04-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T

x1

Everyone's making too much of all this, it's not rocket science. Oil shocks have changed little over the years. They all leak, some more than other, it's the nature of the beast since they are not like real car highpressure sealed gas shocks. I rebuild mine once or twice a race season, and top off the oil once a month for safe keeping.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

x1

Everyone's making too much of all this, it's not rocket science. Oil shocks have changed little over the years. They all leak, some more than other, it's the nature of the beast since they are not like real car highpressure sealed gas shocks. I rebuild mine once or twice a race season, and top off the oil once a month for safe keeping.
LoL, read my first post.. I asked if anyone has ever used it because alot say that using Green Slime helps... Then me and Darrell started talked about Greases... No one has made it to much because it has not been done yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.