Wiki Posts
Search

Proline 1/10 Buggy Tires, WTH?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_King
The only good PL tire for 10th is Holeshot (which I dont like that much but whatever) and Square Fuzzies, which they dont make anymore.

Evil Twins and Inside Jobs are ok, but I like the X-2000s and 3000s from Losi better.

They dont care about 10th scale.
Dont think I would say that they dont care about 10th scale. They must care a little. There is the new Suburb tire coming out which is a blue groove tire (which they havent had) Sure, it looks alot like the Losi BK Bar (even the JConcepts tire uses the same conceptual design) but at least they have a new tire for 10th coming out. And it is a new rubber compund. Not the same as the stuff they've been using, definately has a different feel to it. And you cant go wrong with the A-main results at the Nats, they obvoiusly work. I wouldnt be suprised if Proline is working on revamping the 10th lineup a little bit. Just a change in compunds and foam could really help their current offerings.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

It would be quite nice if they changed their foam for sure.It sucks spending 12.00 on a set of buggy rears just to have to spend another 5.00 for foams that dont suck.Honestly their foams are like the worst out there out of the top 4 tire manufacturers.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What sucks, is that they actually have good foam available.....they just dont include them with the tires
Old 02-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dork Missile
Nothing like watchin the pros take a dremel tool with a sanding spool on it, to a brand new set of tires to make slicks outta them! Until i watched them wheelie outta the corners using them? Love the Clay! Oh to be sponsored!
+1!!! the same pair of slicks will last you a good while though
Old 02-17-2009, 08:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

From what I was told from a Pro-Line driver, there is a good chance there will be 2 new hard packed blue/black groove tires coming out. One is the Suburb, as mentioned above, and then another that is a variation of the Suburb/BKBar design. They will be available for 2wd, 4wd and truck in their new clay compound.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
What sucks, is that they actually have good foam available.....they just dont include them with the tires
I know,I have been looking for them to start including decent foam with their tires as the other manufacturers do.I mean even though the losi stock foams are a little on the soft side they dont disentigrate like the stock pro-lines do.