Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Outlaw comes to the rescue of the SLASH

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

no it won't. the slash is a rustler style suspention, and the sc10 is a t4 style. even with this chassis th sc10 will still drive circles around it
Old 02-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
no it won't. the slash is a rustler style suspention, and the sc10 is a t4 style. even with this chassis th sc10 will still drive circles around it
True enough, I really don't think the larger bodies are going to be enough to equalize the Rustler and T4.

I love my Slash, but I think it's about to get relegated back to BASHER status.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't know why so many people are coming out and saying this thing costs SO MUCH. and isn't worth it. It will be worth it to those who buy it, and to those users who realize what a bargain they are actually getting. Albeit, this is not a CF chassis, but IMHO, this was a great job done by TTR.

I still don't understand how people on RCTECH come to every thread and just bash the crap out of any small company trying to make it in this market and hobby. TTR should be commended for doing what they do with the resources they have...

Most true racers are going to realize the job they have done with creating this chassis. over 90% of all rc enthusiasts are not even racers, but just bashers.

I would like to think that the guys out there who race their Slash's would actually love to have an optional chassis.

that said,

try making one of these by hand for less than $85.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

I agree that this is worth the money for the time it would take to make one yourself instead.

Even if you were just flipping burgers at McDonalds, you could probably pay for the chassis faster than you could make one yourself, considering that you still have to buy the material. Just one pice of the G10 big enough to make the bottom plate would cost $15 (www.mcmaster.com) and you still need the top plate and delrin blocks.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
Ok so if you were driving the SC10, and say Matt Francis was driving the Slash, you think you would still run circles around him?

There's more to winning a race then the truck your driving...
Old 02-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rm25x
Ok so if you were driving the SC10, and say Matt Francis was driving the Slash, you think you would still run circles around him?

True enough, but w/ equal drivers, the SC10 will outperform the Slash. It's a simple matter of design.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Crawler
True enough, but w/ equal drivers, the SC10 will outperform the Slash. It's a simple matter of design.
have you actually seen that yet? i am not saying they are equal trucks, but everyone is making this claim like they are made to compete on the track,
where most obviously they are only competitors in the Niche, and not the track.
MHO
Old 02-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rm25x

there's more than one way to win a race...
Old 02-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjderstine
I don't know why so many people are coming out and saying this thing costs SO MUCH. and isn't worth it. It will be worth it to those who buy it, and to those users who realize what a bargain they are actually getting. Albeit, this is not a CF chassis, but IMHO, this was a great job done by TTR.

I still don't understand how people on RCTECH come to every thread and just bash the crap out of any small company trying to make it in this market and hobby. TTR should be commended for doing what they do with the resources they have...

Most true racers are going to realize the job they have done with creating this chassis. over 90% of all rc enthusiasts are not even racers, but just bashers.

I would like to think that the guys out there who race their Slash's would actually love to have an optional chassis.

that said,

try making one of these by hand for less than $85.
+1..Well time will tell.We wont really know what the sc10 is capable of until it actually hits the dirt,BUT if the sc10 is as capable on the track as what people are thinking with the lower c.o.g. then the 85.00 this kit costs will seem cheap to slash owners that want to keep that competitive edge.Considering the option will be to sell your slash set-up, and buy an sc10.
Rustler suspension or not I think a slash with this chassis could stay competitive once sc10's are added to the feild.I just hope others dont make the same mistake that is being made here.Our state series has added a corr class and they plan on allowing sc10's to run in the corr spec class and have deemed the only 2 motors that can be run are the titan ,and any 27t brushed stock motor,any brushed esc,any servo, but the chassis have to stay stock.
so basically they have made it a corr stock class , but left out the 17.5 option.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

i would love to see some of these guys just put some AE shocks on their slashes, and get them setup well and see what happens. so much of the slashes characteristics from from the super soft suspension that make like the real truck. sure, on a nice smooth track a harder setup might be better, and im sure you have all seen this.

one of the bigest factors i see is the weight differences. with stock 27 motors, its all going to be about weight reduction and just not ever crashing. spec guys might see these things more competitive now that TTR has come up with this chassis.

like i always say.

i say tomato and you tomato. (doesnt work when typed, but you should get it)
Old 02-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

I guees we'll just have to wait and see.

I for one will be running ASSOCIATED.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

i don't doubt that most "racers" will be running the associated. AE just breathes racing, where Traxxas breaths something else. like Rock solid, not so much a race bread machine.

TTR is getting it close though!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:06 AM
MDB
Suspended

Originally Posted by mjderstine
have you actually seen that yet? i am not saying they are equal trucks, but everyone is making this claim like they are made to compete on the track,
where most obviously they are only competitors in the Niche, and not the track.
MHO

It's the same claim that I have seen on another board about the ThunderTech truck vs. the Slash. They were making that claim way before the ThunderTech truck came out. It's rediculous
Old 02-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I love my ThunderTech Pro-2WD truck
Old 02-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

you may love it, but that one is completely different than the slash or sc10 or outlaw kit. just a different animal all together.

great truck nonetheless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.