Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT Rules???

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

When Vad was in florida best guy i ever met. he would drive from daytona to tampa just run the qualifers and sit out the main and video tape it for us. he has always understood his car was not per the rules, and now it sounds like he is just asking if the rules can evolve. don't nock a racer for having a car way befor the class even started. sounds like he just wants to join in the reindeer games. if you are allowing the IGT2 to race everyone should allow the DM-1 in also.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by titanismo
When Vad was in florida best guy i ever met. he would drive from daytona to tampa just run the qualifers and sit out the main and video tape it for us. he has always understood his car was not per the rules, and now it sounds like he is just asking if the rules can evolve. don't nock a racer for having a car way befor the class even started. sounds like he just wants to join in the reindeer games. if you are allowing the IGT2 to race everyone should allow the DM-1 in also.
I agree, all the shaft driven chassis are pretty equal and it shouldn't be an issue. I ran some qualifiers with Vad at Homestead and you couldn't see any difference from the driver's stand.

His car was faster than all the Spec cars, but that was because he had a P-5or something like that in it. It was just an Open class car beating up on the "stockers"

There has to be a way to "score" both class cars so they can rin together to save valuable track time, I'm sure the software will support it. The do run a few classes together in the real world of racing, we should all be able to do it too if there's not enough cars.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
I saw the picture of the Blackhawk and read the specs, that should be one ballistic ride. Any idea if Kyosho has an SP chassis comming out for the GT2?
I don't know about an SP chassis... you tell me

The Ipanema "Black Hawk" cars are going to be fun
Old 02-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

www.5thscale.com this is a series out here on the West Coast...first GT race in Vegas next month.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default gt rules

Hi guys, Duck from MRO in NE, we started running the GT class last year with 5-6 entries. This year we expect to more than double it. The reason why its growing is, we want to keep it as stock as possible. As it stands, you can change: tires, radio, brakes, add sway bars, shock oil & springs. We are working on the clutch types. This makes it affordable for the average Joe to get in this great hobby. Our LHS is selling them quickly (sold two McLarens in two/three days) this past week and its WINTER!!!.
When I see some interest at the track or at the hobby store, I use this as a selling point for getting into the GT class. Hey the price is right, everyone is on equal ground, now its a drivers race.
We are working on having the GT as a demostration class at ROAR Nationals.
If for some someone shows up with with a modified car, we'll let him race, we can figure out the scoring later. Lets have some fun.

Thanks, Duck
Old 02-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Look fellas, I did not mean to create any new waves or rehash old wounds. I was just stating to a local here what I have heard, read, and seen in regards to this GT class. Instead of saying, "Hey, this person went through all of this to put something together for us, lets try it out first to see if this will work," many of you sit on the sidelines while someone else does the work, then bash the work because its doesn't fit in "your" little box. The committee behind the series here in Texas thanked me for piecing some rules together for them. But, not one of the people that emailed me personally, that I can recall, thanked me at first. The main things I got was "Why didn't you include this, why can't I run that, or if the rules are going to be like this and that, I won't run at all!!" This is coming from the same people that don't seem to have time to help when it comes to developing rules or helping with their race venue but they seem to always have time to poor mouth someone else's efforts. I have a very busy life and took time out, like many others that do this so we can race our "toy" cars somewhere, to help put something together for fun and enjoyment of the hobby/sport. At least show some appreciation for those of us that go that extra mile so that we can all enjoy our "toys" together.

Juan
Old 02-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default just race

Originally Posted by titanismo
if you allow the igt2 to race in this class the dm-1 1/7 should be allowed because it has a 150cc tank and it's longer than the igt and that's what the reason people tried to exclude the first dm-1 in the first place just race the damm cars and have fun in the process and by the way these cars are not money pit because this car all take a beaten and keeps on ticken
Old 02-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
But, not one of the people that emailed me personally, that I can recall, thanked me at first. The main things I got was "Why didn't you include this, why can't I run that, or if the rules are going to be like this and that, I won't run at all!!" This is coming from the same people that don't seem to have time to help when it comes to developing rules or helping with their race venue but they seem to always have time to poor mouth someone else's efforts. I have a very busy life.

Juan

Juan.... Thank you for establishing the rules for the GT class for the Texas 2009 SWCS race.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No there have been no rules, drivers, or for that matter nothing happening with this class. I have continued to stick my neck out and no one shows. The drivers have all but sealed there fate for the next year in this class with the forgass series. Everyone had the opportunity to go to all the tracks that run in the series and more than often they talked a good show and no one came. So if there is not a full class on Saturday this will be drop as a class from the rest of the series. It’s just not fair to the other class’s that give up track time to let 2 or 3 cars run.

Gary Tuttle
Forgass president

this is the outcome of the florida series hope you have better luck
Old 02-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vadn1
Juan.... Thank you for establishing the rules for the GT class for the Texas 2009 SWCS race.
You are welcome. Lets go out and have fun, see what happens, and make tweaks/adjustments accordingly as the season progress if needed.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Gary,

I thank you for having the GT class run in the FORGAS series. I did miss the Dec. and Jan. race do to other reasons. I do hope we have a full class for the remaining two races. That’s what I liked about the class limited options on what could be done. But the lack of Set rules did not help the class. I do have plans to make the March race in Kissimmee and have talked to others that have said yes. What race is Saturday?
Old 02-18-2009, 09:34 PM
wwoodruff

Default Email adress and a thought for all?

Juan,

[email protected]

I have raced on and off for over 20 years. When I pay money to race, my wallet is saying thank you and thats all that needs to be said. Carlton Epps likes it when we say thanks with our wallet and he shows his appreciation by putting on professionally run races. Doesn't sound like a hobby anymore to me.
When I belonged to a club and the club held races, we all knew no one was there to make money, so we appreciated any help we got and gave all the help we could. Its called a hobby, we did it for fun.
Whenever rules are created that specify specific manufacturers, said manufacturers are making money on your hard work (have you ever seen the car that Mike Jenkins at Traxxas drives?)
If it is worth your time and money, great. Call them and ask them for a pat on the back and some cash for your marketing effort.
Tracks cost money, people are busy, but everyone wants someone else to pay for it, take the time to set up, and clean up for almost nothing. That never lasts, ask Joe and Jason at T@T.