Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best engine choice for Losi 8ight-T???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Shotime, shoot me a email or PM. Look seriously into the gro lines of .21, you really don't need anything more than a .21 even for truggy. When your ready to purchase let me know and I may can save you some money even over the coupon codes I found for you in my previous post.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It really was a good post! I'm sure your right, neither is a real monster but given that it's a modded engine I tend to believe it's got a little more grunt than most other non modded engines. A lot of guys are running the .24's since they have similar fuel consumption compared to a .21 but a little more bottom end. I'm just wondering if I need that extra bottom end since the Losi is lighter and smaller. Maybe I would be better with a little more top end since my weight and size will make up for the difference in the bottom. I race at revelation raceway which for you guys that don't know of it is a pretty large track with a very long back straight. It's also very technical with lots of large doubles and triples.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
I really wish kendall would have wheeled the jpx the last race.....i honestly feel that the tweeked version is Just as powerful if not More then one of the tweeked .24's or .25's.....we tested the .25 back in the summer and they had jam...but comparing to the JPX it wasn't all there.....im sure if we spent more time with it we could have gotten more....but ya.....just wanted to throw that in there.
Doesn't matter, he is sponsored by Racefactor he's only running Go! The .25 is still cheaper than a stock Jpx and he was 3 laps up on second place.

Rex
Old 02-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi_racer
thats it? runnin rich i never had an engine run less then that.
If you get 10 minutes fuel mileage on a motor you are pushing it pitting at 8 minutes. You need a cushion incase you get upside down or something happens. I was just saying pitting at 7.5 minutes I never have to worry. I can always get better mileage than my son because he's always on the gas and getting more laps in the race. Here's an Example, you have to wait until the start of the race, he's the leader. He is running a stock Go .25.http://www.mnnitroseries.com/gunner/...4%20Truggy.wmv

Rex
Old 02-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 22Racer
Doesn't matter, he is sponsored by Racefactor he's only running Go! The .25 is still cheaper than a stock Jpx and he was 3 laps up on second place.

Rex

i never said he wasn't Significant faster then the rest of the local's....a Said I wish he would have at least tried to squeeze the trigger...despite him having the laps on 2nd...remember what you said to me in my pitt....why Wouldn't he want to at least try it is all im wondering.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

He never saw you post before the race, he can drive your truck sometime. He is pretty good at suggesting a setup change, even if it's not his brand.

Rex