Wiki Posts
Search

mrx-3 or 950?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default mrx-3 or 950?

sorry to post this in the touring car section but i get more response here than in the 1/8 scale section. anyways there's that question again. mrx-3 or 950? for those that have these cars, which one do you recommend. from a parts standpoint, the mrx-3 makes sense (although i could get parts for the serpent, just not as readily). my only concern with the mrx-3 is that i'm afraid that as soon as i buy it, they are going to release a mrx-4 and i'll get screwed like when i bought the mtx-2 and the 3 came out. i can get them both for the same price (the works and 950R are too much for me right now). pros and cons of both? or should i get a completely different car? btw my location favors the mrx-3. thanks guys.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default mrx3

run what you can get parts for. All 1/8 cars are very competitive. Mugen had said there might be a back half kit to update the mrx3 but that talk faded after the worlds.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

The MRX-3 is the best choice. Parts are CHEAPER and its easier to work on
Old 11-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: mrx-3 or 950?

Originally posted by nismoflip
sorry to post this in the touring car section but i get more response here than in the 1/8 scale section. anyways there's that question again. mrx-3 or 950? for those that have these cars, which one do you recommend. from a parts standpoint, the mrx-3 makes sense (although i could get parts for the serpent, just not as readily). my only concern with the mrx-3 is that i'm afraid that as soon as i buy it, they are going to release a mrx-4 and i'll get screwed like when i bought the mtx-2 and the 3 came out. i can get them both for the same price (the works and 950R are too much for me right now). pros and cons of both? or should i get a completely different car? btw my location favors the mrx-3. thanks guys.
Kyosho EVOLVA!
Old 11-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default Kyosho

Which car is the Evolva? Is that like the F2004 that won the worlds?
Old 11-10-2003, 02:54 PM

It's better to run what others have that way you can compare set ups and get help easy.

I run an MRX3 becuase it is easy to set up and cheap on parts, and most of the guys in my are run the MRX3.

Only one guy around us runs Kyosho and he is switching to MRX3 too because lack of support and parts.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

KYOSHO EVOLVA :

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/rc_model/21r...lva2003-j.html
Old 11-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Suradaj - Who might that be???
Old 11-11-2003, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

MRX3 or 950, Both cars are competitive car . I think you will not go wrong with both car. Kyosho is good car as well .

I think you should play the car that you could get supports.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Suradaj
It's better to run what others have that way you can compare set ups and get help easy.

I run an MRX3 becuase it is easy to set up and cheap on parts, and most of the guys in my are run the MRX3.

Only one guy around us runs Kyosho and he is switching to MRX3 too because lack of support and parts.
Where have you been playing ? I think you come the same country as me, right ?
Old 11-11-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Initiate

I vote for MRX-3.Parts are cheap and easy to get.

Never worry about the MRX-4 may come out later,because you will see 950 Double R at the same time.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Suspended

Default serpent 950

i would say the serpent 950 based on my expenence with them...may be expensive but this is a pricey hobby right?choco
Old 11-11-2003, 08:02 PM

Originally posted by MrChan
Where have you been playing ? I think you come the same country as me, right ?
I am from Thailand but I am here in the States. Doing some 1/8 racing here and there. I'll be back home in Thailand in a couple of months playing rc there too