Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default LRP Sphere Competition - Troubleshooting

Hi All,

Just completed building my drift car.

Yokomo MR-4TC-SD CGM
LRP Vector X11 7.5T
LRP Sphere Competition

Anyways, upon completion, I follow the instructions to 'SET' the throttle, brake and neutral position. That way when the car is switched on, the ESC will activate and make a 'initiating-start' sound.

Firstly it states to 'press down on the SET button, this should activiate a flashing blue light. Once it stops flashing, it is ready to set the modes' (referring to throttle, brake etc.)

I've press down on the SET button for 3 seconds and it doesn't flash. (checked everything, from cables, servo's etc).

If anyone has come across this problem before or know of something that could be of assistance, that would be great.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lsd
Hi All,

Yokomo MR-4TC-SD CGM
LRP Vector X11 7.5T
LRP Sphere Competition

Anyways, upon completion, I follow the instructions to 'SET' the throttle, brake and neutral position. That way when the car is switched on, the ESC will activate and make a 'initiating-start' sound.

Firstly it states to 'press down on the SET button, this should activiate a flashing blue light. Once it stops flashing, it is ready to set the modes' (referring to throttle, brake etc.)

I've press down on the SET button for 3 seconds and it doesn't flash. (checked everything, from cables, servo's etc).

If anyone has come across this problem before or know of something that could be of assistance, that would be great.
try check your wire from esc to the receiver..you might plug it in wrongly...
Old 02-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lsd
Hi All,

Yokomo MR-4TC-SD CGM
LRP Vector X11 7.5T
LRP Sphere Competition

I had your problem. Sometimes you just have to keep on trying. Try holding it longer than 3 seconds. And stuff like that, you should get it eventually.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:31 PM
lsd
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I see, glad to hear I'm not the only one. Do you know what you did to fix it and how long did it take you? I've tried, but will keep trying, she is in there somewhere!

Regarding the cables, it can't be wrong because they're colour coded which mean you match the colours.