Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi Gang,

Long time no see! Out of love for this little car (I still have mine) I decided to put in a factory order for 50 of the front alloy drive cups. Hope to have them in stock next month for about $12ea.

Thx!
+1
Old 05-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

does anyone know if i should change my spur gear and pinon gear if im running a 25.5t motor. without breaking the car.

Thank you
Old 05-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

I use stock gearing with my 17.5....you will be fine with your 25.5
Old 05-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Cool thanks mate.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

If there is a white on white, The big Daddy can be black on black

Old 05-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm finally getting around to building my cup racer with the Exotek CRX chassis. I've built up the front gear diff and it seems to be quite stiff. Is this normal? I've loosened the four screws so the case is just firmly touching the gear but not overly torqued down. Nice builds there Jacob.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Love my cup racer, bought it bnib just as supply dried up. Wish i had bought a couple. Great little cars for racing with friends out in the street not to mention some of the best looking bodies around.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarerraRSeattle
I'm finally getting around to building my cup racer with the Exotek CRX chassis. I've built up the front gear diff and it seems to be quite stiff. Is this normal? I've loosened the four screws so the case is just firmly touching the gear but not overly torqued down. Nice builds there Jacob.
The spring the instruction tells you to put inside the gear diff causes this. It puts pressure on the internal gears. It suppose to act like a tight ball diff.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks brother... Yeah that's how it is and that is normal.
Are you going to be racing this at the hangar?
Old 05-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for everyone's replies! I'm going to hold off on building the front differential until MikeR has avaiilable the metal drive shaft cup, no sense in building it with the plastic one and having to rebuild it again later.
I wasn't intending on racing this car as I bought it pretty much for the Porsche RSR body and running it on occasion with my other RC Porsches. I heard about the races at the Hanger. I may need to stop in to see some racing sometime, what dates and times?
Old 05-30-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for everyone's replies! I'm going to hold off on building the front differential until MikeR has avaiilable the metal drive shaft cup, no sense in building it with the plastic one and having to rebuild it again later.
I wasn't intending on racing this car as I bought it pretty much for the Porsche RSR body and running it on occasion with my other RC Porsches. I heard about the races at the Hanger. I may need to stop in to see some racing sometime, what dates and times?
Front diff is extremely easy to take off. Just fyi
Old 05-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

They race every Saturdays at 5pm this winter they are opening another track that would be open wed nights. Really exciting coz Saturdays is just not ideal for me since Im a family man. So I'll be going every wed should be fun
Old 05-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I noticed that many Cup Racer owners in this thread have been looking for the Exotek Alloy Front Drive Cup. I did some searching online and discovered that they're available at DMS Racing, for a very reasonable price (IMHO).

I don't have enough posts yet to post the URL, but just search their site using "Cup Racer" and it should pop up.

I purchased one a while back and if I remember correctly w/ shipping to the USA it was less than $20.

I hope this helps a few fellow Cup Racer fans.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nominal
I noticed that many Cup Racer owners in this thread have been looking for the Exotek Alloy Front Drive Cup. I did some searching online and discovered that they're available at DMS Racing, for a very reasonable price (IMHO).

I don't have enough posts yet to post the URL, but just search their site using "Cup Racer" and it should pop up.

I purchased one a while back and if I remember correctly w/ shipping to the USA it was less than $20.

I hope this helps a few fellow Cup Racer fans.
They had 2 left just ordered both.. i called them to verify
1 for me and 1 for my brother..

Thanks a lot... but soon Exotek will have it available again i just cant wait
DMS charged me 25 bucks shipped for both.
You have save me money and dont have to wait a month,

thanks bud
Old 05-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Initiate

After owning my HPI Cup Racer for about a year and a half, I FINALLY painted the body last weekend. First RC body that I painted, I rushed it a bit and some of the paint bled and smudged, but I've ordered another body that will be my show body.

Will post pics soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.