Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Rookie

thats great dude, ill take a look thanks for the help
Old 03-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey ya'll

I picked up a set of MX60 tires/rims for my 1/10 carpet car. The problem I am having with the tires is that they are great for 3 laps, then the carpet fuzz collects on them/covers them and then the tires useless. Slide all over the place. Then I have to clean all the carpet fuzz off of them(using lighter fluid) Then they are back to being great for 3 laps then recollect carpet fuzz on them. I sauce the tires with Sticky Fingers traction compound, wait til the tires soak up the compound, then run it.

I don't have that bad of a problem with my other tires(VTA, team sorex, etc). Just these MX60 tires collect/accumulate the fuzz like mad,...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: I'm running the medium compound
Old 03-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mattpar
hey ya'll

I picked up a set of MX60 tires/rims for my 1/10 carpet car. The problem I am having with the tires is that they are great for 3 laps, then the carpet fuzz collects on them/covers them and then the tires useless. Slide all over the place. Then I have to clean all the carpet fuzz off of them(using lighter fluid) Then they are back to being great for 3 laps then recollect carpet fuzz on them. I sauce the tires with Sticky Fingers traction compound, wait til the tires soak up the compound, then run it.

I don't have that bad of a problem with my other tires(VTA, team sorex, etc). Just these MX60 tires collect/accumulate the fuzz like mad,...

Does your traction compound cause other tires to pick up fuzz? If it does then see if you can use another compound. If it doesn't then the HPI rubber doesn't work for your track with this compound.
There are other tires if you don't have to stay with HPI. Some options are:
Tamiya S grips
Ride inch up 60d
Solaris Hard
These are the tires I've used on Ozite carpet with Jack The Gripper and Paragon (black can) with success. Best one out of these is the Solaris hard.
There are other tires that fit the cup racer as long as you get Tamiya mini sized wheels and tires and adjust the ride height.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Tech Initiate

for those of you with a stand up servo and lay down shocks, how / where did you put the receiver? In the laydown server, the receiver goes on top of the servo cover. Can't figure this one out
Old 03-25-2012, 04:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dazed1
for those of you with a stand up servo and lay down shocks, how / where did you put the receiver? In the laydown server, the receiver goes on top of the servo cover. Can't figure this one out
You can place it above the battery, next to where the steering servo is, attached to the upper chassis.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anybody interested in a cup racer? I am selling mine. I will give you a good deal. Pm me for pics/info
Old 03-25-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
You can place it above the battery, next to where the steering servo is, attached to the upper chassis.
That is where the battery strap for the lipo sits.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Initiate

That is where the battery strap for the lipo sits.
Get creative.

I'm sure there's enough space to fit the receiver and ESC in and around that area. Might have to use another strap or stand offs.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Six_Shooter
Get creative.

I'm sure there's enough space to fit the receiver and ESC in and around that area. Might have to use another strap or stand offs.
Yup. Still waiting on the esc, so will have to figure it out after I have the esc + battery.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

for those of you that asked, here is a link to the ad for my cup racer that is for sale.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
Does your traction compound cause other tires to pick up fuzz? If it does then see if you can use another compound. If it doesn't then the HPI rubber doesn't work for your track with this compound.
There are other tires if you don't have to stay with HPI. Some options are:
Tamiya S grips
Ride inch up 60d
Solaris Hard
These are the tires I've used on Ozite carpet with Jack The Gripper and Paragon (black can) with success. Best one out of these is the Solaris hard.
There are other tires that fit the cup racer as long as you get Tamiya mini sized wheels and tires and adjust the ride height.
my other tires do pick up some small amount of fuzz, but not as nearly as bad as the mx60 meduim tires do. something with that tire that is a magnet to the fuzz. I've tired with/without sausing, same thing happens. They are really sticky to the touch, handle great on the track for a few laps, but just accumulate the fuzz quickly. I originally went with the mx60 tires/rims because it was cheaper to put a set of those together than a set of regular 1/10 scale TC slicks,.. oh well, I'll try a few things with the tires before i give up on them.

thanks for the input!!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

anyone want to convert their tiny cup racer shocks to cyclone shocks like mike did?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ts-shocks.html
Old 03-27-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

How about this

Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mattpar
hey ya'll

I tried the mediums once on our carpet track but it was like skating. The S compound is WAAAAY better. I do use MuchMore Blue Sap on it, and it doesn't collect any kind of fuzz. What also could be working as a traction compound is what the guys use for large typographic machines to rejuvenate their master rubber printing sets. A guy here at our track bought that stuff from them and it works on foam tires and rubber tires as well (I didn't give it a try yet)
Old 03-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fritzzz
How about this
what a gigantic antenna tube. you signaling to the Mars with it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.