Build Me A Winner!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Build Me A Winner!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Some of this could be easy to sort out if you could offer a Race-Spec and a Team Kit. Team kit would have EVERYTHING a Team of Pro drivers uses on the car. That way there is a choice to the consumer. I understand the team kit maybe $200-$300 more, but I hate trashing brand new parts to put on upgrades, just seems like a waste. Not to mention trying to round up all the Hop-Ups. Companies would make more money, instead of King Headz, Fioroni Etc.

1. Completely re-engineered braking systems totally independent. (Linkges and all)
2. Have a way to drain and fill diffs without having to pull out of the gearbox. (Great for Races when there is no wrench time)
3. Splined Pinion Gears for the CVD outputs (no more set screw coming loose)
4. Engineered, tested and proven chassis braces.
5. Dog Bones and CV's that don't wear as fast or could be lubed.

I think if the economy picks up we are going to start to see some major changes to the standard platforms......Hence Ryan's post????
Old 02-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
LMAO! I'll have to echo that sentiment. As for the attributes I'd like to see in a vehicle, it's hard to widdle it down to just five, but here goes:

-that it be designed so as to facilitate access to critical components, and as such, that said access require minimal disassembly.

-That it employ high quality and/or high specification materials in strategic areas so as to minimize breakage, wear or slop (and the handling inconsistency brought about by the latter) between scheduled maintenance intervals.

-That it come with a detailed and comprehensive set-up guide to allow the user/driver to maximize handling through predictable setup changes. Many cars come with a veritable plethora of tuning options... That remain a mystery to all but the most adept drivers. The function of each setup-altering component should be unerstood and clearly conveyed in printed literature included with the vehicle.

-That the choice and layout of components be taken into account so as to reduce overall weight, center of gravity, maximize left/right balance, and do so in harmony with the 3 previous points.

-That it have spare parts readily available and a dedicated supply network to ensure that parts needed are available upon demand.

Also, if it could be made to look NOT fugly, that would be a plus

You pretty much just described an 808! LOL
Old 02-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
You pretty much just described an 808! LOL

Not exactly. XRAY do it right for the vast majority of points (the set up manual especially,) but the availability of spares & upgrade parts leaves a lot to be desired. As it stands, you only have a handful of suppliers that carry XRAY, and high demand items are often backordered. This is merely my own opinion, but I get the impression that the number of suppliers is strictly controlled so as to keep parts prices artificially high; a business strategy that I don't particularly care for.

Also, the "pregnant guppy" body of the 808 has always bothered me, though I admit that this is just a detail.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by captain america
Not exactly. XRAY do it right for the vast majority of points (the set up manual especially,) but the availability of spares & upgrade parts leaves a lot to be desired. As it stands, you only have a handful of suppliers that carry XRAY, and high demand items are often backordered. This is merely my own opinion, but I get the impression that the number of suppliers is strictly controlled so as to keep parts prices artificially high; a business strategy that I don't particularly care for.

Also, the "pregnant guppy" body of the 808 has always bothered me, though I admit that this is just a detail.

I think Xray/Hudy makes some of the highest quality gear, but the lack of parts at LHS and even some bigger shops is confusing
Old 02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

i have an idea already on how to make it so you can change diff fluids without pulling the diff..the problem i have is getting it from my brain to a CAD program,to reality.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How about one tip to america rc car companies.

MADE IN AMERICA.

Simply put, there is a huge effect when you support AMERICAN workers. Americans spend lots of money, stimulating americans economy, which makes you more money in the long run. And tons of people would rather spend more money on a American quality car than some Asian stuff.

Other than that, easy to get diffs.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
How about one tip to america rc car companies.

MADE IN AMERICA.

:
Trying to get tamiya to build a buggy in America that's priceless.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sorry if i seemed like I was trying to get tamiya to do that. I was just saying in general. This is a dream car thread rite? Not just to Mr Lutz and Tamiya.. Even if he did start it haha

Tamiyas race truggy was there only car to be designed in america. Not built, but designed. David jun I believe designed it
Old 02-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bad_b4
i have an idea already on how to make it so you can change diff fluids without pulling the diff..the problem i have is getting it from my brain to a CAD program,to reality.
I have a design too, mine involves a simple pump system.

I don't have a problem pulling diffs, I actually llove to wrench on the car. But, in a small club race when you just don't have time, this would be a huge help!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Excellent posts everyone! It's very interesting to see what everyone sees as the most 'crucial' parts of the car and having fun with it!
Just an FYI, this thread was not designed as a precursor to anything I ever plan on being able to do. (i'm not qualified in the least) It was just simply, what I thought to be an interesting topic and I figured that if some companies designers possibly took a look at it then maybe something would come from it in the future! We could all be better off from that!

Hopefully everyone is enjoying this thread and hopefully we will all maybe see some of the elements discussed here being implemented in the future!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Ryan, are we gonna see the Tamiya at PNB this year??
Old 02-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
+1

One other thing I thought about today....Anything that makes changing the overall setup easier. There are a lot of setups and if things like shock oils and diff fluids were easier to change, I could do a lot more testing in less time - time I seldom have.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
Yes you will!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KRCRacer22
Yes you will!!!
Great. I have a Koytoy now. You are going to have to work for it. LOL
Old 02-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

dp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.