Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Copy of the NT1 big time.
agree
Old 02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Just to set things straight I can look in and respond on any thread that's why the forum exist. Secondly I'm not bashing the car, but from the CAD pics and even the pics of the proto it looks exactly like a NT1 that's what I'm saying, now like it or not that's what it looks like. Now I never got on here and told anyone to buy a certain car or one is better than the other just stating what anyone with a brain can see. You make your money spend it where you like now have FUN racing and stop being so sensitive about a car that's not even in the stores yet.
Looks can be decieving & your opinion is yours
Fellas everyone has there own opinion let's keep the thread on point photo's should be avaiable soon from the toy fair if the prototype is finished in time
Just my opinion the Xray is a refinement of the MTX/Kyosho/720
Which all cars these days look a like but here is another refinement or another contender to what we like to drive & can make other manufacture's step up to improve over there current brand that's what the hobby is all about making it better
Old 02-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

so do you see team magic cars as much as xrays on the track just because it has a unique design?

every new car has an improvement on the previous car... like the wingracer said; from the serpent impulse to nt1. i guess that nt1 is faster than impulse. so this development is not a fast process. you shouldnt expect that when a new car is released, it will be 0.5 seconds faster than the previous model.

so if it is a copy of a nt1, you may think that its a fully hopped up nt1, and i expect that it is faster than nt1
Old 02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Looks can be decieving & your opinion is yours
Fellas everyone has there own opinion let's keep the thread on point photo's should be avaiable soon from the toy fair if the prototype is finished in time
Just my opinion the Xray is a refinement of the MTX/Kyosho/720
Which all cars these days look a like but here is another refinement or another contender to what we like to drive & can make other manufacture's step up to improve over there current brand that's what the hobby is all about making it better
Well said....
Old 02-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Never mind useless.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Never mind useless.

you make me laugh, have you every driven one of these copies? i had a mtx4 and then a NT1, most people said it looked like the 4 and the v1rr, well it probably did, but the nt1 drove alot better than my mtx4.

same goes with the capricorn. there are noticable differences, mainly in the rear top brace, the front has a wire sway bar as opposed to a bar type, the chassis looks stiffer at the front. im sure there are other differences as well.

it won't drive like the Nt1 either, it will probably feel alot different.

Wait until the motonica comes out, you will be annoyed again Serpent dan because it looks just like the xray!

AE came out with a radical design in nitro a few years back...now look at it.
radical designs are costly, and sometimes backfire big time.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Tom I had an NT1 so yes I know the car drove well, I also know about radical designs I had a Veteq which was beatiful but a headache on set-ups just saying the car looks exactly like an NT1 if you put a 720 next to a NT1 they don't look alike. True or false
Old 02-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tom I had an NT1 so yes I know the car drove well, I also know about radical designs I had a Veteq which was beatiful but a headache on set-ups just saying the car looks exactly like an NT1 if you put a 720 next to a NT1 they don't look alike. True or false

true, but what looks different doesn't mean it is better (as pointed out by you), or worse, all it means is it is different. We are looking for performance here, not individuality, so hence the argument of similarity is void, infact useless, as it shows nothing towards the quality, effectiveness or ability of the car.

is the capricorn car good? only time will tell

i rest my case
Old 02-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Is this the Capricorn 200mm prototype thread or the "This car looks like that car thread"? In that case the TC3 is a blatant rip off of the Tamiya Avante
Old 02-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey stop complaining. ur dick looks like every guys out there, does it mean that u want go do some re-design on it. or will u just use it as it do wat it is there for?????
Old 02-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lastsun
hey stop complaining. ur dick looks like every guys out there, does it mean that u want go do some re-design on it. or will u just use it as it do wat it is there for?????
HAHAHAHAHAAAAA - Man
Old 02-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Holy Crap!!! Now it went from car parts to body parts. How did that happen??? Too damn funny!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

LOL
But let's tone it down you never know how many kids are on here reading the threads.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CapricornRC
i think is not the same of nti
A few great things:
Allow bulkheads
downstops with a carbon plate
front wire stabi

The last two will def. help getting the front downstops correct!

Some questions
Why are the options of the rear inner rollcenter so small?
How are you guys going to prevent the allow from bending when hitting something?
Are you going to change the braking system?
How will the rear stabi be changed? (from the top view its hard to see)
Front lower rollcenter adjustmensts?
No excentric bearings to do the belt adjustments in the front? Or is that just the nilon prototypes?
Old 02-07-2009, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

arent the carbon plate downstops be a problem as they will tend to break under preasure, i know that carbon is hard to break and also that it will not bend... it will just break.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.