Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

I dont know much about the MR12, but I am sure that the MR12 is similar to the NS12S3, and one thing I can tell you is that if it is run-in right, you will not be dissapointed.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

do you guys suggest any other engien.i heard turnos are hrd to maintain like as in when the sun goes away u nee to change go plug immediately is that true? is there a big power difference between turbo and other engines?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Suspended

Default RB CONCEPT V12 IN 710

ANY OF YOU GUYS THINK THE V12 WILL BE GOOD IN MY 710?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Bxclip
do you guys suggest any other engien.i heard turnos are hrd to maintain like as in when the sun goes away u nee to change go plug immediately is that true? is there a big power difference between turbo and other engines?
Hi there, I think what you have heard is a little EXTREME to say the least. I would have gone with the Turbo if I was able to but the Race rules here are a little tight when it comes to the Turbo plugs.

The main difference is that the turbo plug motor is more efficient and can make more power. One can go slightly leaner than with the normal plugs. Also the Turbo plug has not got a washer and seals differently.

Other than this, I dont think you will have a problem with the tuning like you are suggesting.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: RB CONCEPT V12 IN 710

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
ANY OF YOU GUYS THINK THE V12 WILL BE GOOD IN MY 710?
Hey Freaky...

I dont know this motor, but if it is a .12, It should do well, I have a standard NS12S3 and it REALLY screams... I think the V12 will too. Give it a try, I am sure you will not be dissapointed.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Suspended

Default Re: Re: RB CONCEPT V12 IN 710

Originally posted by BaxterC
Hey Freaky...

I dont know this motor, but if it is a .12, It should do well, I have a standard NS12S3 and it REALLY screams... I think the V12 will too. Give it a try, I am sure you will not be dissapointed.
THANKS A LOT...
Old 08-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: RB CONCEPT V12 IN 710

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
THANKS A LOT...
Not a problem at all...
Old 08-16-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default Rb V12

Hi,

I have a V12 Rb rody tuned in my 710.
It is really great.
It's by far the fastest engine I have ever had!

Didn't have to make any modifications, because it's having the same base as the Novarossi's and Novamega's.

If you're going to use it I would also use the Rb pipe.
I have tried the Rb pipe, and the Novamega pipe, and the Rb is working better for me.
Quality is great of both pipes!

By.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Hi there, I think what you have heard is a little EXTREME to say the least. I would have gone with the Turbo if I was able to but the Race rules here are a little tight when it comes to the Turbo plugs.

The main difference is that the turbo plug motor is more efficient and can make more power. One can go slightly leaner than with the normal plugs. Also the Turbo plug has not got a washer and seals differently.

Other than this, I dont think you will have a problem with the tuning like you are suggesting.
thanx now whats a relly good turbo engine under 300? i would like a purple top to match car lol thanx again i was sacred to get a turbo there for a second i ony have experience tuning a os max .12 cv-rx for my rs4 2 rtr
Old 08-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Suspended

Default COL

COOL...HOW IS THE V12-430?
Old 08-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanx now whats a relly good turbo engine under 300? i would like a purple top to match car lol thanx again i was sacred to get a turbo there for a second i ony have experience tuning a os max .12 cv-rx for my rs4 2 rtr
Dont be scared... I am sure it will be similar to the OS max. only thing is that a turbo motor will be a little more advanced. if you have the OS down to an art, then a turbo will be the next step... I would suggest any of the Novarossi or novarossi based motors. Try www.rc-mushroom.com or www.towerhobbies.com. you will find some decent prices. Remember that any motor with a turbo plug will have decent power and should scream as there is no sence in putting a turbo plug in a mediocre motor as it will be a waste of time for the manufacturers.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Dont be scared... I am sure it will be similar to the OS max. only thing is that a turbo motor will be a little more advanced. if you have the OS down to an art, then a turbo will be the next step... I would suggest any of the Novarossi or novarossi based motors. Try www.rc-mushroom.com or www.towerhobbies.com. you will find some decent prices. Remember that any motor with a turbo plug will have decent power and should scream as there is no sence in putting a turbo plug in a mediocre motor as it will be a waste of time for the manufacturers.

is this a turbo? and is the price good? ill snatch it up right now
also is the rd logics turbo II one piece
pipe good for this or what better?any links to it?
http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=1095
Old 08-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Perhaps... But remember gear ratio as well. They may seem to be better on smaller tracks because of the high gear ratio.
Ratios confuse me a bit these days. I was fine until Master Salven used the tractor analogy somewhere when he said something like tractors having high internal ratios and have useless acceleration!
Old 08-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

thanx now whats a really good turbo engine under 300? i
I'm loving my JP FX 12T03 Stock version. I'm keeping up or passing anything on my track, modded or not. I'm talking Modified X12's , Stock X12's, NSR 12's, Modded NovaMax's. I haven't taken it head to head against the Mod version of the FX12. I'm running it with a TurboII pipe. I got mine for $305
Old 08-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

is this a turbo? and is the price good? ill snatch it up right now
also is the rd logics turbo II one piece
pipe good for this or what better?any links to it?
http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=1095
Turbo as in conical glowplug? Yes.
Since conical plugs are legal I don't think you will find many top engines with a standard plug.

The NSR 12S3 is a 3-port so should be legal wherever you race. I have this engine in my 710 and it's simply awesome... Currently running it with the older RD Logics, but my TurboII is on it's way! If it's better than the old one (which it should be) you can't go wrong with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.