Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 06:30 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

last I heard was first or second week in december...
Old 11-29-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by mtx3racer
Does anybody know when they expect cars in LHS's. I think i am switching to serpent even though the parts are a lot more.
Best decision you can make in RC. I have heard towards the end of December they should hit the LHS.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Guess it will be around $420 for this kit

SER802000 Serpent 710 Car Kit-less Eng. 422.50
SER802000C Serpent 710 Car Kit-Combo with SX12 Power Unit 633.75

pricey.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

fyi - anyone that still wants an impulse can pick them up new cheap now directly from serpent. not bad if you just want a car to bash around with.

SER801015 Impulse 4wd Pro Street Racer 162.50
Old 11-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by treky11
Guess it will be around $420 for this kit

SER802000 Serpent 710 Car Kit-less Eng. 422.50
SER802000C Serpent 710 Car Kit-Combo with SX12 Power Unit 633.75

pricey.
$365.99 in Atomic Hobbies
Old 11-29-2003, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Good price if it holds when they actually have it in stock. They are expensive on everything else on their site so we'll see
Old 11-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Que
Tech Adept

Default I Can't wait

Converting my 705 to lola body only! 710 new touing champ on my bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2003, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Any official word from the factory on shipping time? I hope to have the car by my Christmas holidays like others will i assume?

SN
Old 11-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default lola style?

I know this is the 710 forum, but there are simply more activities here! So I'll ask mey question here.
I managed to go to the track yesterday.... finally clocking more than 10 minutes of track time! hahahah But of course not without breaking parts... MANY parts..
broke the shock pin TWICE!, the shock cap, one lower front arm, lost 2 dog bones, broke 2 steering blocks, and broke the bumper mounting unit, both top and bottom! heheheheheh
Most of the people at my track run the lola body... TO do that I need to do some mod on the 705?? Can someone tell me the parts I need to convert the 705 to fit the lola body?
Also, for nOOb like me is the stock bumper (foam) better choice or the lola style bumper better? Better I mean resistance to breaking when impact and its ability to protect other parts like SHOCK RODS and SHOCK PINS!
BTW, when using the FC, I notice there is a tendency for the steering block to pop out from the pivot ball, I think the holes on the FC where you fit in the pivot balls are bigger then the standard one. Is there a way to fix this?

THanks yall!
Old 11-29-2003, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by S710_Nut
Any official word from the factory on shipping time? I hope to have the car by my Christmas holidays like others will i assume?

SN
Here in HK, they said the second week.. 360 USD
Old 11-29-2003, 11:47 PM
Tech Adept

Thats what i have been hearing as well... Hope so!

Also, Are the hobby stores open after Christmas in Hk up till the new year?
Old 11-30-2003, 03:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: lola style?

Originally posted by lawndoggie
I know this is the 710 forum, but there are simply more activities here! So I'll ask mey question here.
I managed to go to the track yesterday.... finally clocking more than 10 minutes of track time! hahahah But of course not without breaking parts... MANY parts..
broke the shock pin TWICE!, the shock cap, one lower front arm, lost 2 dog bones, broke 2 steering blocks, and broke the bumper mounting unit, both top and bottom! heheheheheh
Most of the people at my track run the lola body... TO do that I need to do some mod on the 705?? Can someone tell me the parts I need to convert the 705 to fit the lola body?
Also, for nOOb like me is the stock bumper (foam) better choice or the lola style bumper better? Better I mean resistance to breaking when impact and its ability to protect other parts like SHOCK RODS and SHOCK PINS!
BTW, when using the FC, I notice there is a tendency for the steering block to pop out from the pivot ball, I think the holes on the FC where you fit in the pivot balls are bigger then the standard one. Is there a way to fix this?

THanks yall!
u'll need the following:
1. Bodymount-set rear GTP EV2 (#808150)
2. Bumper Set 705 CanAm / Group C (#808121)
3. i tink u need to mount ur both front & rear shocks on the bearing block, if u dun wanna mount the rear shocks on the bearing block, u'll need this ->
Shock-support rear carbon/ball-set (#808138) or
Shock-support rear carbon (#808139) <- this comes without the ball set, cheaper too

u oso cannot use the stock Body mount plate front (#801115). i use the Bodyplate front (#808130) <- this is for serpent 835. i cut the plate into half, & remove some materials from the center to ensure the holes for the bearing block & front droop adjustment is aligned, then glue them back.

sorry i got no pics, hope these helps
Old 11-30-2003, 04:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: lola style?

You need the following parts;

808150 Bodymount-set rear GTP EV2
808121 Bumper Set 705 CanAm / Group C

You will need to trim the excess bumper's width according to the Lola body used. With the 808150 Impact floating rear body mount style, you cannot use the 7 mm spacers (808313) on the upper rear hubs. You can substitute different size spacers but in my experience, a 2.5 to 3 mm spacer is the max you can go with the 808150 body mount. For the shock tower, you may not use the stock rear of even the front one. If you want to use a rear shock tower, you can use the 808138 shock tower meant for the Impact. Else, you can also use without shock towers and mount the rear and front shocks on the bearing blocks. Incidently, this is what I run (and what a lot of others run this too) on my 705 with red springs all around.

Before this 808121 came out, we were using the 808120 Impact bumper. I felt this bumper was better and toughter as the body mounts on the 808121 (integrated onto the bumper) breaks easy. With the 808120 Impact bumper, you need to modify and trim the nose of the upper body mount bumper plate 801115.

I have attached a top view sample pic of my Impulse PRO (now already 90% converted to a 705 ) with the 808120 Impact bumper to give you an idea about the 801115 upper body mount bumper plate.

Using Lola body on the 705 does have it's advantages in the cornering speed and stability. Engine cooling is also better. But that is the least that you would be interested in doing to your car because the faster you go, the more parts you break !

Best for you right now is to use the stock TC body. The foam bumper on the TC shell will be easy on the chassis and will provide enough protection to the shocks.

Observe on the track how the others are driving at your track. Watch how the good drivers are taking the correct and fastest lines in the corners and the bends. Then on your own, TRY to go easy on the throttle and slowly round the track without hitting anything. Drive as many times around the track as you can. The thing is to get a lot of track time. That should be your primary goal. Never mind about people saying you're slow on the track. Somebody has got to start somewhere. I did the same thing too.

For me, I find no difference in the challenge using TC body and Lola body. Some of the cars on the track where I race use Lola bodies too and I would humbly say that it does not make me at a disadvantage using a TC body anymore on the track once you can master the car setup. Of course, the person behind the Tx must be up to it too !

Yes, I do notice this too... Of course only when I clip the front wheels hard enough. I guess if you look the other way around, if the pivot balls do not pop out, you may end up breaking the steering knuckles or worst still, breaking the aluminum pivot balls. So, I would say leave it as it is. The only solution to this is to drive carefully and slowly first around the track and avoid clipping and hitting the steering blocks hard. Like I said, drive slowly and get familiar with driving the car around the track.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-impulse_pro_top.jpg  
Old 11-30-2003, 04:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: lola style?

Originally posted by JA5ON
u'll need the following:
1. Bodymount-set rear GTP EV2 (#808150)
2. Bumper Set 705 CanAm / Group C (#808121)
3. i tink u need to mount ur both front & rear shocks on the bearing block, if u dun wanna mount the rear shocks on the bearing block, u'll need this ->
Shock-support rear carbon/ball-set (#808138) or
Shock-support rear carbon (#808139) <- this comes without the ball set, cheaper too

u oso cannot use the stock Body mount plate front (#801115). i use the Bodyplate front (#808130) <- this is for serpent 835. i cut the plate into half, & remove some materials from the center to ensure the holes for the bearing block & front droop adjustment is aligned, then glue them back.

sorry i got no pics, hope these helps
Ooophs... Cool, didn't see this post.

I guess it's about the same thing as what I posted. I heard that the cutting and gluing the 835 bodyplate front (808130) is not such a good idea as it will not be strong...
Old 11-30-2003, 05:40 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

wow that is a ton of broken stuff for 10 minutes of run time.. my recomendation take some throw out of your throttle so it does get going as fast, put more brake in so it slows faster and get use to it.. usually the serpents are the most durable.. ouch .. sorry to hear that.. you could mount a 235 bumper on the bottom of the foam, do not cut it out and you will gin some front side protection, not acceptible to race with but would be good until you are not clipping the corners with the front end...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.