Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Almost
In no time, I'll be an expert I tell you...

Hey, what is it like there at the moment now that Germany is out of the Euro championships? No more Dutch Serpent products imported?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD

Hey, what is it like there at the moment now that Germany is out of the Euro championships? No more Dutch Serpent products imported?
We're planning on making our own mega car - no more European parts to be taken - everyone is sulking
Old 06-25-2004, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

As long as you keep taking the tablets,D
Old 06-25-2004, 04:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought so.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Cool. Nice article. But I don't know if Uncle Mark Green got to it faster than you did ! I only saw his just now.

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=10313
Oh LOL! He was late by 1 day the copy cat!

To be fair, he first showed it to me at the last AMCC BRCA Nationals. If you download the video you'll also see that he was already using this mod but he used a different material, not the one he showed in the myTSN article.

For me, I'll go with Uncle Mark's method of getting the CF plate. From another shock rear tower instead of painstakingly cutting up one ! And yes, not to mention the aerodynamics part of it !
No doubt it appears easier but you still have to cut the lower part of the second tower. Plus now you're cutting a thicker plate.

As for aero, I'll test it out. I think the lighter 0.8mm plate will "balance" the lost in minimal aero since the tower will be below the rear cutout on my Loletta shell ... you'll see in the next article.

I still have the "old" thinner rear shock tower in one piece. Somewhere in the tool box. With a little modification, it'll be very simple to do the mod.

Either way is good. Actually I only made 3 straight cuts and it was pretty easy since 0.8 is still a lot thinner than the "thin" original shocktower which is 2 mm I think.

Having said that, the 0.8 mm SSG graphite plate is not cheap and now I have excess. I plan to make a couple more for the second car and a spare ... anyone wants some of the left-overs?

For the front bumper, I have the 705 Lola bumper still somewhere. I think I'll try Pyramid / Goldfingers' method of using the V1RR Front Lola bumper plate / body post mount on the 710 front.
I tried that already, like Uncle Mark did. I still ended up with the same problem that I had with the 705. The integral bodymount holes crack on impact. If you have the old-old one, it does not have the integral mount and is somewhow stronger. Yes, you can use the original 710 bodyposts but the Lola bumper with the integral mount is definitely weak in my opinion ... it bends easily and can drag as your ride hide gets lower and lower. You don't want this happenning during a main ...

I like what Pyramid/Goldfinger did ... err, can you send me a V1RR Lola bumper?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ChrisBlack310
Thanks guys.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought so.
Hey Chris, how's the 710 working for you? It's already weekend here.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Chris, how's the 710 working for you? It's already weekend here.
It's 4:36 AM Friday morning here in California.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
If you have the old-old one, it does not have the integral mount and is somewhow stronger.
Yes, I still have the older one... That one is actually from the Impact.

I like what Pyramid/Goldfinger did ... err, can you send me a V1RR Lola bumper?
Haiya... Can't you ask your Godma from Ampang to send it to you in the UK? I'm sure she would be most willing.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Prophet

It's 4:36 AM Friday morning here in California.
No worries. When Monday comes for us here, you could reply and say that it's still Sunday over there !
Old 06-25-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Prophet

As long as you keep taking the tablets,D
Hey, do you have pills that can make you drive faster?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

You can have mine - still can't break the thing and I've been trying hard!!! Is there a prize for how long you can drive the 710 without breaking a single thing - I'm upto about 3.5 months Probably because I poodle around the circuit like a 70 year-old pensioner on a sunday afternoon
No prizes because the issue here is that you drive fast forwards ... its just that you poodle around backwards like a 70 year old pensioner maybe. That's why you haven't broken it yet.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:42 AM
Tech Initiate

No worries. When Monday comes for us here, you could reply and say that it's still Sunday over there !
LOL
Has anyone figured out how to get the front belt tighter?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:45 AM
Tech Prophet

LOL
Has anyone figured out how to get the front belt tighter?
I asked the same question actually... If you could find the rear ecenters of the 950R where they use it with the 51T rear pulley, then they fit good and because they are more eccentric, you get to tighten them more on a turn. Tip thanks to Rene.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Damn... Imagine Uncle Sow and Uncle Mark coming from UK and Germany all their equipment ! Phew...
Mark and I have a deal (well, we do now) ... he comes to the UK with just his car and radio and I supply all the tools/starter and he do the same supplying when I'm going over to Europe

I only hope that he doesn't do a no-show when I do go over because then Herbie will have to lend everything!
Old 06-25-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Prophet

No prizes because the issue here is that you drive fast forwards ... its just that you poodle around backwards like a 70 year old pensioner maybe. That's why you haven't broken it yet.
Ah, he's trying to grow old gracefully like you Uncle Sow. Soon, you'll find Uncle Mark handling FAQs for 1/5th scale FGs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.