Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 01:25 AM

Originally posted by InitialD
The old ones were yellow. New ones are white. But I think the rear belt remains yellow because those are still from the rear Impulse belt.
You really are a `life` serpent dictionary
Old 06-25-2004, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

D, what's up - you've not commented on all the new products from Serpent yet Are setup wheels woth while having?
Old 06-25-2004, 01:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
D, what's up - you've not commented on all the new products from Serpent yet Are setup wheels woth while having?
Sorry. How I wish Serpent would just drop them my mail !

Setup wheels? I have not seen those yet ! I've only seen the yellow shoes as like you have.

But in all truth, the generic setup wheels that I've seen can be prooved useful as I find you can set up the car quicker than you could with the Hudy prisms. Especially during race day. With a camber gauge, you could take pretty accurate camber and toe readings. I think the only thing you cannot do is take front toe.

As the setup wheels come in a specific diameter (62 mm if I'm not mistaken), you could take ride height without making any adjustments assuming you run 62 mm most of the time. You could also check tweak with the lift method as the setup wheels are accurate.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:03 AM

Originally posted by FW05R
what color is the writting on your 710 belts?
Based on your nickname, I would like to asked your opinion regarding FW05R out of the box durability compared to S710. It really makes me wonder when someone said it is more durable than S710. For instance, does the stock gears will hold long enough life when powered by Max S5 engine?
Old 06-25-2004, 02:04 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry. How I wish Serpent would just drop them my mail !

Setup wheels? I have not seen those yet ! I've only seen the yellow shoes as like you have.

But in all truth, the generic setup wheels that I've seen can be prooved useful as I find you can set up the car quicker than you could with the Hudy prisms. Especially during race day. With a camber gauge, you could take pretty accurate camber and toe readings. I think the only thing you cannot do is take front toe.

As the setup wheels come in a specific diameter (62 mm if I'm not mistaken), you could take ride height without making any adjustments assuming you run 62 mm most of the time. You could also check tweak with the lift method as the setup wheels are accurate.

The set up wheels are 64 mm in diameter. How can you measure your toe accurate with these wheels. Using a ruler or your cambergauge?
http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3804
Old 06-25-2004, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Herbie
If you'd go this weekend to MACH you will be dissappointed because they've got new tarmac so no driving only for those who helped. http://www.mach-heemstede.nl/
That is only till Saterday 13:00 after that the track is open for all.
But on Sunday we have our nitro club race, so it's still no good to come.
Also its more fun to come when the weather is better, its been raining all week (thats going to be fun to have a race on new tarmac)
Old 06-25-2004, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Schrijver99
That is only till Saterday 13:00 after that the track is open for all.
But on Sunday we have our nitro club race, so it's still no good to come.
Also its more fun to come when the weather is better, its been raining all week (thats going to be fun to have a race on new tarmac)
Same here Schrijver99 :-( But as I can't race anyway, then I'm pretty happy the weather is so bad

Schrijver - how is the "rijv" part of you name pronounced - I take it "Sch" is the same as in German?
Old 06-25-2004, 02:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Herbie
The set up wheels are 64 mm in diameter. How can you measure your toe accurate with these wheels. Using a ruler or your cambergauge?
http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3804
Damn. Did not see the new product releases !

For the rear toe, just make the rear end of the car stand on a flat surface with the front end of the car pointing upwards. The car should be resting flat on the rear shock towers. Then use the camber gauge to measure the rear toe in.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pyramid
Based on your nickname, I would like to asked your opinion regarding FW05R out of the box durability compared to S710. It really makes me wonder when someone said it is more durable than S710. For instance, does the stock gears will hold long enough life when powered by Max S5 engine?
Sir I have never owned a kyosho FW05R as I have mentioned before on this thread my LHS did not carry the kit I wanted no.31582 so I decided to give serpent a try and I am glad I did so as far as the stock gears holding up to the power of the Max S5 I wouldn't have the slightest idea As far as my name is concerned you might ask yourself so why did you name yourself FW05R...............My answer to that is that kit was my initial choice
Old 06-25-2004, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

That's what I meant - you're slipping D

For the rear toe, just make the rear end of the car stand on a flat surface with the front end of the car pointing upwards. The car should be resting flat on the rear shock towers. Then use the camber gauge to measure the rear toe in.
Are the camber guages acurate enough? What about when the rear tyres cone? AHA! Yeah, that's where the setup wheels come in
Old 06-25-2004, 02:23 AM
Tech Master

The old ones were yellow. New ones are white. But I think the rear belt remains yellow because those are still from the rear Impulse belt.
lol D your right on the color the writting is white but my rear belt is also white what does that mean?
Old 06-25-2004, 02:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
But as I can't race anyway, then I'm pretty happy the weather is so bad
And I thought I was cruel...
Old 06-25-2004, 02:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by FW05R
lol D your right on the color the writting is white but my rear belt is also white what does that mean?
Perhaps you have a newer kit ! Sorry, nobody bought for me or gave me a 710 for my recent birthday. Perhaps that's a sign Serpent has depleted all the older stocks of the rear Impulse / 705 / 710 belts.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:30 AM
Tech Elite

And I thought I was cruel...
Old 06-25-2004, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry Master D must be the force

So I did measure the toe just as you mentioned thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.