Serpent 710

Old 05-19-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcpanama
Thanks & sorry for my ignorance or my English but what will you call top end & botton end?
Your engine will be better in the top engine RPM range but less bottom RPM range.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally posted by InitialD
Your engine will be better in the top engine RPM range but less bottom RPM range.
Final question if I install the .10 with the .30 to increase to .4 which one goes first (from top to button) .10 or .30
Old 05-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by InitialD
Didn't you mention that it was because of the engine mount to the crankscase was loose?

How did I get mine to work? I drive on cruise mode?

I notice that with your current meshing on your car, I personally found it too loose for my liking ! I would mesh it further in but that's me...
Crashed, D is right. You need to mesh it the gears closer. Don't try to replicate like those of the 705 or other cars ... where people are impressed that you could flick your pinion and the combo of your pinions and spurs rotating forever.

If you're trying to produce this kind of "loose and rotating " meshing for the 61/16 I think it will not work and you'll strip more gears.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rcpanama
[B]
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
rcpanama, very nicely built.

I believe the gadget on the upper deck left side is a MIP temp gauge but what is on the right?
This is:

An on-board, self contained digital battery voltage monitor. Moving your servos show loaded battery voltage. The actual voltage, not a simulated load. You are able to see battery's voltage to the nearest 10mV in easy to read digits.

http://www.i4cproducts.com/r_c_applicaltions.htm
Ah, I C. thanks for the info.

Do you really need it though? I'd prefer to re-charge my onboard battery after 2 or 3 runs instead of having added weight.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Thanks, Sow&steady and InitialD, for respond.
Thank you very much.

Old 05-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Question

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Has anyone have problems on striping spur gears??

I'm running 16/61 1st gear combo and going through about one spur a week! I'm making sure it has the proper mesh and making sure my motor mounts are secure but still stripping.
I have seen the same problem with the 17/61 combo.
I noticed in my car that there seems to be a problem with the 61t spur, as it seems to be excentric. That is, mesh can be good in one position, but when the spur is rotated the mesh changes. In that case, mesh can change from Ok to too loose, or too tight.
This is a point for Serpent has to look at.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Thanks !

Originally posted by Profoxcg
710 sold... =)
I will still keep in touch though,

I want to thank you guys because in this thread I have learned very much. I want to thank you for you patience when I asked silly and repetitive questions.
Profoxcg, good luck with the MTX, when you're stuck on a plateau in terms of peformance get another 710 again ...
Old 05-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: I can smile again!

Originally posted by markp27
I have two JPs on their way one for the 1/8th killer project and now one for the 710
The mobile software business must be good!

Anyone wants to buy a brand new Max?
Old 05-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by xluis
Thanks, Sow&steady and InitialD, for respond.
Thank you very much.

No problemo
Old 05-19-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Ah, I C. thanks for the info.

Do you really need it though? I'd prefer to re-charge my onboard battery after 2 or 3 runs instead of having added weight.
You might be right, but it weights only 15g and it allows me to used the car for almost 6 to 7 runs without any fear of battery failure. I have it on my Impulse Pro, in 950 and the 710.

I am sure that if I didn't have it I will also be charging the battery every 3 to 4 runs. It also gives you the information on what is the current consumption of the servos when you used each of them separate.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by Fernando_M
I have seen the same problem with the 17/61 combo.
I noticed in my car that there seems to be a problem with the 61t spur, as it seems to be excentric. That is, mesh can be good in one position, but when the spur is rotated the mesh changes. In that case, mesh can change from Ok to too loose, or too tight.
This is a point for Serpent has to look at.
Ah, this is usually not the problem with the spur. What I see a few folks get wrong (at least here at my track) is that they've not been patient enough with the pinions.

Remember, the pinions are Al. on Al gears and you're supposed not to only use the thin spacers when screwing them together but you're supposed to screw in, lightly tighten, unscrew and then screw back together. I think that's what the manual says.

I do this one more cycle ... the first two by using only my hand to tighten. Then, using the pinion tools that came with the kit, taking care to ensure that they're both parallel at all times when tightening the pinions together. I also use a small amount of blue thread-lock so I don't need to thighten them too hard.

All of the above is wasted advice of course, if what you mean is not that the spurs are eccentered but instead they're wobbly in their vertical plane. This probably means they're either not seated properly in their respective carriers/holders or they're warped.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

You might be right, but it weights only 15g and it allows me to used the car for almost 6 to 7 runs without any fear of battery failure. I have it on my Impulse Pro, in 950 and the 710.

I am sure that if I didn't have it I will also be charging the battery every 3 to 4 runs. It also gives you the information on what is the current consumption of the servos when you used each of them separate.
Well, I guess its a personal preference of yours to have the comfort of knowing these info for your cars so its fine.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

I JUST GOT MY 710...I am very excited
Old 05-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Final Picture
Amigo Panama I have a question about that return spring in your brake link... aren't you braking at the same time as accelerating?? The brake lever applies the brakes when pulled and also when pushed… see what I mean
Old 05-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Any seggestions on a radio...under 300...Please
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.