Serpent 710

Old 05-17-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

I currently run a FT NTC3 although after being disopointed as how litte it was better than the first car, I am planning on buying a 710, however, I had a few Q's

1)Who stocks parts online in the US?
2)Can you get CVD's?
3)What wears/breaks? (IE, what should I stock up on)

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2004, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by crashed_1
I feel your pain man...i just had my Max replaced with a new piston/sleeve and both front and rear bearings. My fault coz i didn't do a check on my engine after the last race and went on to start it...not knowing it had a broken filament inside. It managed to start after replacing a new plug but it sounded horrible as there was a grinding sound coming from it, but silly me went on to play After a tank or two, the idle kept fluctuating and then disaster stroke...it didn't wanna start no more. The piston head had little bits of metal stuck to it and the buttonhead felt like it was sandblasted.
Thanks bro! This motor is a gonna - just check the prices for the spares I need - cost more than the engine itself

Something went big style in the gearbox/engine deparment after the hit yesterday - the clutch shoes shows signs of wear just in one spot I think I'm going to replace the clutch bell, gears and bearings of the centax whilst I'm about it - oh man is this going to be expensive
Old 05-17-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by markp27
Thanks bro! This motor is a gonna - just check the prices for the spares I need - cost more than the engine itself

Something went big style in the gearbox/engine deparment after the hit yesterday - the clutch shoes shows signs of wear just in one spot I think I'm going to replace the clutch bell, gears and bearings of the centax whilst I'm about it - oh man is this going to be expensive
Man, my head is sagged in pain, I feel it with you. It is like the death of a great pet. man. why dont you contact the engine maker and see what they say?
Old 05-17-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Just checked - the bearing on the bottom of the conrod (where is joins the crankshaft) has disintigrated the conrod then went on to take chunks out of the crank case and the resulting shards of metal damaged the liner and the piston......looks like a right off to me
Sound like that Mugen hit the clutch deadon and actually pushed the crankshaft into the engine, causing the piston not to line up with the sleeve. That's the only way to explain the broken clutch bearings and conrod bushing and the damage to piston and sleeve.

A nightmare for most of us, but you are living it.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KevinS
Sound like that Mugen hit the clutch deadon and actually pushed the crankshaft into the engine, causing the piston not to line up with the sleeve. That's the only way to explain the broken clutch bearings and conrod bushing and the damage to piston and sleeve.

A nightmare for most of us, but you are living it.
Must have been something like that

Well under the circumstances, there's only one thing to do......grab a beer
Old 05-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Must have been something like that

Well under the circumstances, there's only one thing to do......grab a beer
Nothing like a good lager fix. Btw, what engine are you running?
Old 05-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by crashed_1
Nothing like a good lager fix. Btw, what engine are you running?
I was running the #2106 SX-12 SS 3 Port nice engine!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Wap
Tech Adept

I was running the #2106 SX-12 SS 3 Port nice engine!
Unfortunatly mark i believe that motor is sold out; i can't find it anywhere; if you find one let me know.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Smile Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Need some setups

Originally posted by InitialD
Hey Marcos, did you try it out?
Hi I D I have been a Serpent Driver for two years and I have since February a 710, I have been reading this Forum for the past two month every day and Glen article in MYTSN Forum.

When I read your Set Up it look good for the Track we have set up in Panama (Parking Lot) so I was going to try this one with the front Ball Diff, with some changes instead of Yellow Spring I used Red, our track is not bumpy.

Yesterday I when to the track and try this set up and it was amassing, the car was excellent, I improve the timing by 1.2 second because in the curve I could go faster (very technical two chicane), in the straight it was very fast.

I was not able to have on time the 57 gear so I had to use the 56 so I could not test it with the that combination. I will be receiving this today from Serpent USA, so this week end I will test it with the same combination you have to see if I can improve even more.

In our club we are only three Serpent and 11 Mugen, I can say that after this week end the Mugen gays where really concern.

I have install in the 710:
Complete set of CERAMIC BOCA BEARINGS
The NOVA MAX 5P
Tuned pipe-set Inline M12 TP05 Outlaw
Ellegy 40 with Disk front 6 rear
Futaba S9550 for Th. & St.
Receiver Futaba R203 HRF
Radio 3PK
Drive-shafts front & rear Part: 808220
Wheel axle front & rear Part: 801214
Brake disk stainless steel ventilated Part: 801345
Shock-body alum. Front & rear
Shock membrane soft & Foam inserts (4) Part: 909446
Shock Seal-Shim Alu (4)part: 909408

Sorry for the english

Jose
Old 05-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Stormperson,

Winners Circle has a complete selection of parts for the 710 He's located in Ga You can call also he has a toll free number ask for Lee.

1-866-nitrorc or

http://gasrccar.com

Hope that helps
Old 05-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by serpentracer1
Stormperson,

Winners Circle has a complete selection of parts for the 710 He's located in Ga You can call also he has a toll free number ask for Lee.

1-866-nitrorc or

http://gasrccar.com

Hope that helps
cool website , thanks
Old 05-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Talking Re: Re: Re: Re: Bag 14

Originally posted by buboy28
JUST GOT MY MISSING PARTS FROM OUR LHS BAG #14 CONTAINS ALL THE GRAPHITE PARTS AND YOU ARE RIGHT PSI Racing SERPENT IS GOOD IN REPLACING MISSING PARTS NOW I CAN REALLY FINISH BUILDING MY 710 THANKS GUYS.............

Well hop to it dude.We don't wanna hear from ya till its done.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by stormperson
Hi,

I currently run a FT NTC3 although after being disopointed as how litte it was better than the first car, I am planning on buying a 710, however, I had a few Q's

1)Who stocks parts online in the US?
2)Can you get CVD's?
3)What wears/breaks? (IE, what should I stock up on)

Thanks!
Storm - I would check out www.ashfordhobbies.com
He is a huge serpent hobby shop and hudy/xray as well. He stocks all the kits/parts/upgrades and in CT you probably can have parts in a day. Robert is a great guy and a racer himself and has lots of business hours to get ahold of him, email or phone.

John
Old 05-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

I finally got my engine / clutch working the way I like it .... I just wanted to share lol
Old 05-17-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

i wanted to know, what can I use to clean my bearings? what is also good to relube them ? i cant seem to find serpent oil

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.