Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Tires

Originally posted by rwisejr
Mono Tuning seem to be really strong and durable tires. I know that Marcos is using aswell.
thanks rwisejr
they are exellent tires!!!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

I also know that a lot of guy's are using the GQ's aswell with good results .I would like to try them myself.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Tires

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
thanks rwisejr
they are exellent tires!!!!!

No problem dude .I'm going to give them a good work out this weekend It seems like the weather should be great.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tires

No problem dude .I'm going to give them a good work out this weekend It seems like the weather should be great.
good you will love them my friend ran them on his mugen and ran 2 , 20 minute mains back to back and 2 5 minute qualifiers and used only about 2 mill. of the tire with great traction and no chunking (37 shore front and rear)
Old 05-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Tires

check your pm !!!!!!!!!!
You've got PM!
Old 05-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Suspended

PSI Racing my mommy does not pay for my stuff I only have this to say to you I never stated that I was a rich 21 year old what I said was that I make good money thats very different I have a good job with very good pay but im not rich hoping to be in the next 4 years but thats another story. If you guys don't want to believe me that I sold this car for 50 I could care less thats your choice

as for those statements you quoted me saying that Im a noob I am a noob I just started im not going to deny that thats why I had alex help me out with this car he helped me set up the thing and so on Im just glad that this car can be usefull to someone else cause I sure as hell wasn't going to use it anymore
Old 05-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by hudy
PSI Racing my mommy does not pay for my stuff I only have this to say to you I never stated that I was a rich 21 year old what I said was that I make good money thats very different I have a good job with very good pay but im not rich hoping to be in the next 4 years but thats another story. If you guys don't want to believe me that I sold this car for 50 I could care less thats your choice

as for those statements you quoted me saying that Im a noob I am a noob I just started im not going to deny that thats why I had alex help me out with this car he helped me set up the thing and so on Im just glad that this car can be usefull to someone else cause I sure as hell wasn't going to use it anymore
Did you use the new redesigned parts or were you breaking the parts that everyone said was weak?
You should have gave the car more time.
Sorry about my statements.
I guess we all felt that you could have gotten more for your car if you didn't like it.
$50 for a car and engine.
You could have gotten at least $200+ so you could have used it towards your next car.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

I think I see wher the problem lies .It is because you are a newbie and this car is really not for the new jack .It is a great car but it is just not for you .But once you build your driving skills I bet you will change your mind.The car is not really fragile but because of the fact that it is light weightcertain things will break .I broke a bumper plate and snaped a pivot ball last time out .But that was not my fault but do to an 1/8 driver ramming me while I was at a high rate of speed and got knocked into a concrete curb.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tires

good you will love them my friend ran them on his mugen and ran 2 , 20 minute mains back to back and 2 5 minute qualifiers and used only about 2 mill. of the tire with great traction and no chunking (37 shore front and rear)
Thank you Marcos for the info.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Suspended

Yes part of it is because im a noob at driving too I really like these rc cars and I have to start somewhere so I started with the s710 based on everyones opinions. But after using it I think its a 50/50 a person with good skills that doesn't crash like atsushi hara can own anybody IMO the other is the car design and setup people at the track would crash with their v one rr, mtx-3, G4's, yokomo's etc with very little to no damage on the other side I got pissed when my car would crash and major parts of the car would break and I would have to sit out or leave the track so I just didn't want it anymore
Old 05-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

I think I see wher the problem lies .It is because you are a newbie and this car is really not for the new jack .It is a great car but it is just not for you .But once you build your driving skills I bet you will change your mind.The car is not really fragile but because of the fact that it is light weightcertain things will break .I broke a bumper plate and snaped a pivot ball last time out .But that was not my fault but do to an 1/8 driver ramming me while I was at a high rate of speed and got knocked into a concrete curb.
rwisejr, well said. I feel that although Mr. Hudy's remarks about the 710 was uncalled for, he should still be given the kind of explanation that you just gave.

Too many newbies come into this sport (or hobby) thinking that if they spend a bunch and get the best equipment and the fastest engine for the fastest car then they'll be very good at it. We need to help advise them of the painful truth which is what you just did. We should not discourage new-comers, this sport (or hobby) do not need that. Mr. Hudy was frustrated and at least, even a newbie, he came here and now we all have an opportunity to keep him in the game.

Granted that some newbies are "rough around the edges" and not worth the online time to even reply but that is up to individuals who surf on public forums like this one to decide.
Kudos to you rwisejr!
Old 05-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes part of it is because im a noob at driving too I really like these rc cars and I have to start somewhere so I started with the s710 based on everyones opinions. But after using it I think its a 50/50 a person with good skills that doesn't crash like atsushi hara can own anybody IMO the other is the car design and setup people at the track would crash with their v one rr, mtx-3, G4's, yokomo's etc with very little to no damage on the other side I got pissed when my car would crash and major parts of the car would break and I would have to sit out or leave the track so I just didn't want it anymore
That's why I was asking if you were using the new parts or the original weak parts.
The problem areas have been corrected, and the 710 isn't as fragile as it used to be.
That's why I said you should have given the car more time.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tires

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Thank you Marcos for the info.
no problem i always like to promote good products!!
Old 05-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
rwisejr, well said. I feel that although Mr. Hudy's remarks about the 710 was uncalled for, he should still be given the kind of explanation that you just gave.

Too many newbies come into this sport (or hobby) thinking that if they spend a bunch and get the best equipment and the fastest engine for the fastest car then they'll be very good at it. We need to help advise them of the painful truth which is what you just did. We should not discourage new-comers, this sport (or hobby) do not need that. Mr. Hudy was frustrated and at least, even a newbie, he came here and now we all have an opportunity to keep him in the game.

Granted that some newbies are "rough around the edges" and not worth the online time to even reply but that is up to individuals who surf on public forums like this one to decide.
Kudos to you rwisejr!
Thanks Sow. I feel that this is what makes this hobby so great is that we help each other out.We were all new at one time. I 'am still learning stuff everyday .The main thing is to research and ask questions and find out what is a good starting point that suites you and not because that is what everyone else says is the best. That is why my fist nitro was a rtr gt4 .My reason that It chose that was that as I got a better handle on it that that car was easy to convert to a pro class car .
Old 05-12-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Hudy, if you intend to stay in the hobby you're gonna end buying another 710 back there's not a better 1:10 race car out there. I also broke a lot the first month... because I crashed a lot... but now that I'm wheeling it better I love it! All the cars fall apart if you hit hard enough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.