Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: loose tail and tire wear

Originally posted by GoldFinger
From kit to kit, the Front tire is very stable on 40 (duro C type-ball tipped), the rear tire is jumping around 35 - 37 rating.
Lets call it 36 then

After sharing my confusion here, now Im gonna sell my durometer
The only advice I can give you is: EBAY there's an idiot born every minute
Old 05-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default .8M gears

Does the S710 gears are .8M ? or no? if not what are they? sorry for the stupid questoin, i was just reading the R40 thread....

also, can someone tell me the part number for the HUDY gauges that fit the 710?

thanks !
Old 05-08-2004, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Loose flywheel pins

Guys, have you come across loose pins for your kit's black flywheel? I have and when I was cleaning the Centax I could pull them out of the flywheel with bare fingers!

They came out so much during my last 2 races that they were scratching the clutch bell. My thrust bearing also blew, which I think might be caused by that. I wrote an email with pix to Serpent USA and will see what they'll do with the flywheel, thrust bearing and clutch bell. I think the flywheel is defective.

I have a race tomorrow so I just use Weldbond to glue the pins to their holes in the flywheel. That should do the trick for now.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:37 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New Serpent Owner

Hi All,

I'm going to become a proud Serpent 710 owner in a couple of days. I've pushed the Kyosho V-One-RR Evo as far as it will go and got sick of having to get hop up's that the manufacturer should have thought of.

Is there anything I should pay special attention to during the building of the Serpent. I have ordered the locking pins for the front diff and also the ball diff. I have adapted my driving style to suit a oneway. Any thoughts on what is the best drive configuration for the front. By the way we have a reasonably open track with fast entry and exit to the straight.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
I'll stick with the Impact one then.

Already done
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=866205
That's the ticket.

Damn! Just got home and its raining here too.

Maybe its high time I take alook at my 705 and give it a good service, or maybe the 710 ... so much to do, so little time!

Spending too much time on 3Hobby.Com I think.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: loose tail and tire wear

Originally posted by GoldFinger

Guys... anybody have a durometer ?
Last week I bought one, and Im really really dissapoint to buy that tool. If I may suggest DONT BUY !

Why ? gave you a headache
Like someone mentioned in tires forum, IT DOES NOT GAVE A CONSTANT MEASUREMENT IN EACH SPOT !
Every brand is around the same, the most "expensive" was giving smallest tolerances.
One thing that really interesting is.. shore rating is true when it is new. After 5 or 10 minutes runs and when cools enough (ambient/room temperature) the shore is became 1 step harder.
When the tire is less than 59mm, the shore is 2 step harder.

Im I alone? is there any "Tire-Guy" here that can explain that facts?

After sharing my confusion here, now Im gonna sell my durometer
Where did you buy it from and how much was it?

I'll take your advice and stay with my thumb and forfinger squeeze trick!
Old 05-08-2004, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: .8M gears

Originally posted by Profoxcg
Does the S710 gears are .8M ? or no? if not what are they? sorry for the stupid questoin, i was just reading the R40 thread....

also, can someone tell me the part number for the HUDY gauges that fit the 710?

thanks !
Yes, it's 0.8 gears.

Which Hudy gauges are you referring to?
Old 05-08-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: New Serpent Owner

Originally posted by B4
Hi All,

I'm going to become a proud Serpent 710 owner in a couple of days. I've pushed the Kyosho V-One-RR Evo as far as it will go and got sick of having to get hop up's that the manufacturer should have thought of.
Hey hey hey! Welcome to the "club"! Glad that someone finally saw the "light".

I am also beginning to consider getting rid of my MTX3. After hopping it up like mad to get it real competitive, I thought I was overdoing it until I realized that even Mugen had to admit that its MTX3 needed these hop-ups!

See here!

Is there anything I should pay special attention to during the building of the Serpent.
You know, this was one reason I decided to start 3Hobby.Com because I found that when someone asks a question like you did, the temptation is for us to ask you to look back on all the pages gone by in this forum.

There's SOOOO much info here that answers your question but it is NOT easy to find them all. I wished that people would take time to go to 3Hobby.Com and post articles on their hints and tips, its easily done.

In the meantime, I advice that you follow the manual, but before building at least go to myTSN.Com and search articles on the 710. Glenn Cauley has written some excellent short articles on setting up the clucth etc.

You'll need to find out which servo you're going to use for steering and then MasterD has some advice on that and from me, I'd advice just one simple thing ... place some glue or shoe goo around your steering post holders before pushing them into the chassis/upper deck. This prevents them from being sloppy later on.

I have ordered the locking pins for the front diff and also the ball diff. I have adapted my driving style to suit a oneway. Any thoughts on what is the best drive configuration for the front. By the way we have a reasonably open track with fast entry and exit to the straight.
If the track is as per your description then leave the one-way on but go ahead and install the barrel from the pins kit (but leave the pins out). If you need to lock the one-way later on when you race on another track all you need to do is release the o-ring, slide the barrel, insert the pins and you're ready to kick butt.

Have fun!
Old 05-08-2004, 04:46 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: New Serpent Owner

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Hey hey hey! Welcome to the "club"! Glad that someone finally saw the "light".

I am also beginning to consider getting rid of my MTX3. After hopping it up like mad to get it real competitive, I thought I was overdoing it until I realized that even Mugen had to admit that its MTX3 needed these hop-ups!

See here!

You know, this was one reason I decided to start 3Hobby.Com because I found that when someone asks a question like you did, the temptation is for us to ask you to look back on all the pages gone by in this forum.

There's SOOOO much info here that answers your question but it is NOT easy to find them all. I wished that people would take time to go to 3Hobby.Com and post articles on their hints and tips, its easily done.

In the meantime, I advice that you follow the manual, but before building at least go to myTSN.Com and search articles on the 710. Glenn Cauley has written some excellent short articles on setting up the clucth etc.

You'll need to find out which servo you're going to use for steering and then MasterD has some advice on that and from me, I'd advice just one simple thing ... place some glue or shoe goo around your steering post holders before pushing them into the chassis/upper deck. This prevents them from being sloppy later on.

If the track is as per your description then leave the one-way on but go ahead and install the barrel from the pins kit (but leave the pins out). If you need to lock the one-way later on when you race on another track all you need to do is release the o-ring, slide the barrel, insert the pins and you're ready to kick butt.

Have fun!
Thanks very much for the info. Whilst i was waiting for someone to reply i had already joned 3hobby.com
Old 05-08-2004, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

And now for something completely different
Old 05-08-2004, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: New Serpent Owner

Originally posted by B4
Thanks very much for the info. Whilst i was waiting for someone to reply i had already joned 3hobby.com
You're THE man!

I've decided that I'm going to start rebuilding my 710 first instead of my 705. I'll post my progress there as it moves along ... hopefully share some useful tips with everyone.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
hopefully i will win!!and i will post pictures!

Marcos Goodluck and bring home the prize.I wanted to try my monos out today but of course some people made other plans for me namely my son who has a basketball game today so I won't make the track.You know mothers Day is tomorrow plus the weather is going to be crappy.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: New Serpent Owner

Originally posted by B4
Hi All,

Is there anything I should pay special attention to during the building of the Serpent. I have ordered the locking pins for the front diff and also the ball diff. I have adapted my driving style to suit a oneway. Any thoughts on what is the best drive configuration for the front. By the way we have a reasonably open track with fast entry and exit to the straight.

Welcome to the group !!! You will get answers to all your questions here .
Old 05-08-2004, 06:22 AM
B4
Tech Addict

I ordered one of the KO Propo switches for my 710 as i have occasionally had trouble with the mechanical on/off switch.

Has anyone else tried this switch (i've seen the article on MyTSN). If you have one on your 710 could you please post a pic for me.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by B4
I ordered one of the KO Propo switches for my 710 as i have occasionally had trouble with the mechanical on/off switch.

Has anyone else tried this switch (i've seen the article on MyTSN). If you have one on your 710 could you please post a pic for me.

I think Glenn is using one on his 710 maybe he will repost his pic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.