Serpent 710

Old 05-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by evlhdlts
i want a lot of steering going into a turn and less steering going out so i can hammer the gas. what should i do?
Fastest way is to try less caster in front. Put more shims at the back of the front upper arms. Small steps at a time.

Else, you could also set the rear diff a little bit loose to get more turn in. Also small steps at a time.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by Devil666
Hi guys, ran my engine in yesterday...and noticed that the manifold is almost rubbing the rear pulley (even after fitting in the plastic spacers at the top of the manifold). Im using the Shark Outlaw inline pipe. Anyone has the same problem? Any idea which pipe/manifold will give better clearance? With the manifold sitting so close to the pulley, even a slight whack and the manifold is sure to get dented.
I had the same problem too. Try mounting the pipe slanted upward with the help of the exhaust pipe wire in the front. This will push the manifold out of the pulley region. If you can, round off the aluminum pulley adaptor so that the sharp edge is rounded. Gives more clearance.

Search for a post by Glenn Cauley here. He did some mods to get the pulley away from the manifold.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by cox049
What plastic spacers??
They are plastic / teflon inserts used to adjust the pipe length.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by Devil666
Do they have better clearance near the pulley? What pipe/manifold you using? Yes im going 2moro...but will just cruise around the track as my engine still new...
He's using the TP06 NovaMega inline pipe. Nova manifolds are shorter and hence will clear the rear pulley better.

See you there tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Ahhh ... just the name "Titiwangsa" makes me jealous and miss home!

Come back, prodigal son !
Old 05-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Oh, forgot to mention earlier ... I use the Kyosho manifold with my shark pipe ... lots of space between the manifold and the pulley.

Ummmm, I think Devil666 is using the inline Shark pipe. You can only use the Kyosho manifold if you're using the two piece pipe version of the Shark pipe.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by crashed_1
Have you tried S2?...It's a great track cept for the washboards ...The snakes did pretty well at the recent RCAC meet.
Speak for yourself !

Looks like you're already addicted to S2 track...
Old 05-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
it does because the downforce is applied directly to the rear tires not the rear suspencion
Yup. Just like the 1/8th scale cars ! That's why the 705 is an ideal outlaw Lola car.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by InitialD
I had the same problem too. Try mounting the pipe slanted upward with the help of the exhaust pipe wire in the front. This will push the manifold out of the pulley region. If you can, round off the aluminum pulley adaptor so that the sharp edge is rounded. Gives more clearance.

Search for a post by Glenn Cauley here. He did some mods to get the pulley away from the manifold.
Thanx master D....
Old 05-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Here is Glenn Cauley's post...

Originally posted by GlennCauley
Another 'product review' ...

I installed a HARD 2503 1-piece inline pipeset on my S710. This pipe is called a 'Shark' pipe, and you can adjust its length. This thing is absolutely gorgeous! A real work of art!

But... and you knew this was coming... it takes a fair bit of work to make it fit in the S710.

The problem is the header... the shape of it makes it a very long pipe... the bend in the header extends back (curves around) much further than other .12 headers (like Serpent's new 2175 conical header). This unfortunately places the bend in the header right on the main layshaft left-end pulley.

To make the pipe fit, I had to do make the following modifications to my S710:
  • grind 1mm off the end of the main layshaft so it does not extend beyond the pulley alum. adaptor
  • grind the outer corner of the pulley alum adaptor on a 45° angle until you cut it back by 2~3mm
  • enlarge the engine mount holes in the chassis to allow the engine to be moved further forward and more to the left
Old 05-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Default 2106

Originally posted by lagnaf
Hello guys

I have ordered my NovaMega 2106 engine three weeks ago!
And i'm still waiting.

The dealer said to me that they didn't receive this engine now for two monts.

Can't wait no more to set my 710 on the track and give it a go
Now the second week has past and my built 710 it's still colecting dust on my shelf.
I have bought a new Futaba 3PK transmiter too but it doesent go without engine

I allready mised out three important races

If anybody has any information please shear'it.

I should get more information from my dealer tomorow.
Will post'it as soon as i get it

Best Regards
i have been looking for this motor for over 3 weeks now, no one has this motor. I talk to a friend who sells serpent products and he has told me that serpent is just sold out of the motor. Serpent did not make enough and now it is in high demand. good luck in finding one, i could not.

i did find a 2105 which i am going to order.

Hey Ini D., do you know where i can find the novamega pipe and exhaust for the 2105, i tried serpent but they are sold out. if not the novamega pipe which pipe do you suggest. I hear everybody talking about the shark pipe is this a good pipe and where can i get one.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Transponder

Originally posted by KevinS
http://www.rccarinternational.com/shop/default.html

Go to "various" then "various parts" and it will show up on top of the list. Since you're not in the EU, you get to pay the price excl. tax.
thanks. never had one before. May be a dumb question can i move to car to car or did i need one for each car
Old 05-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Transponder

Originally posted by Wap
thanks. never had one before. May be a dumb question can i move to car to car or did i need one for each car
Why not? The thing is you need to mount / unmount the PT and connect it to the receiver for power. That would be cumbersome.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: 2106

Originally posted by Wap
Hey Ini D., do you know where i can find the novamega pipe and exhaust for the 2105, i tried serpent but they are sold out. if not the novamega pipe which pipe do you suggest. I hear everybody talking about the shark pipe is this a good pipe and where can i get one.
Apparently, the MovaMega TP06 pipe is the one to get. You can try Novarossi 52606 EFRA or 52607 Outlaw Inline pipes. They are the same as the NovaMega ones.

A lot of people found the inline pipes to be very nice for Nova engines. However, not with me. I guess I need to tune the engine properly and check what's up...
Old 05-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: 2106

Originally posted by InitialD
A lot of people found the inline pipes to be very nice for Nova engines. However, not with me. I guess I need to tune the engine properly and check what's up...
Whats up bro ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.