Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: InitialD missing in action

Originally posted by Pyramid
hmmm... now is Tuesday, his PC get worms are more like it
Speaking of worms...

We never got hit by a virus, but the server guys decided to roll out some microsoft patches... untested I might add... and ALL of out windows NT machines lost the use of their Keyboards and mice... BIG problem, luckily we can do remote support and use our keyboards, uninstall the patches, and fix the problem... most of the company is on NT... Me, luckily I am an xp user... wish I had mac or linux or something installed, so I can learn to use it.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: InitialD missing in action

Originally posted by Pyramid
hmmm... now is Tuesday, his PC get worms are more like it
AH YES! How many times have I told him to use the operating system of choice
Old 05-04-2004, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ARRIVAL...

Originally posted by BaxterC
Yup, I will, I will have the starter box completed tonite, and begin on the car... I cant wait....

I have that new starterbox aswell I also bought the glowtronic for it aswell and some 3000 mah stick paks . I think it is a really great box.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would rather put in the stickpacks, but they are expensive, and I would also need to get a charger. I know that it will take a gel cell, which is cheaper for me. But we will see... I will make some calls to see how it goes cost wise. I think the starter box is a Great box, it is MUCH smaller than I thought.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: InitialD missing in action

Speaking of worms...

We never got hit by a virus, but the server guys decided to roll out some microsoft patches... untested I might add... and ALL of out windows NT machines lost the use of their Keyboards and mice... BIG problem, luckily we can do remote support and use our keyboards, uninstall the patches, and fix the problem... most of the company is on NT... Me, luckily I am an xp user... wish I had mac or linux or something installed, so I can learn to use it.
Well I work for the city of new york and there are viruses constantly here .I support all oses mac ,pc. I spend most of my day fixing mac issues for the most part. Here we have thousands of people who open infected attachments all the time even after they were told what not to do.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: InitialD missing in action

Originally posted by rwisejr
Well I work for the city of new york and there are viruses constantly here .I support all oses mac ,pc. I spend most of my day fixing mac issues for the most part. Here we have thousands of people who open infected attachments all the time even after they were told what not to do.
I know what you mean... luckily our mail is protected and very few attatchments get through... Not even mails from RCCarinternational could get through, and because we were chatting about a fuel nipple tool...
Old 05-04-2004, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: InitialD missing in action

I know what you mean... luckily our mail is protected and very few attatchments get through... Not even mails from RCCarinternational could get through, and because we were chatting about a fuel nipple tool...

I hear ya the filtering can be a pain.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: InitialD missing in action

I hear ya the filtering can be a pain.
More than a pain...

I just got a quote for 2 packs and a charger, nearly $200 but this was all bottom line stuff... OUCH!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: InitialD missing in action

More than a pain...

I just got a quote for 2 packs and a charger, nearly $200 but this was all bottom line stuff... OUCH!!!

Which paks and charger?
Old 05-04-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

I would rather put in the stickpacks, but they are expensive,
Try www.cheapbatterypacks.com

Even 6 cell (SC, Sub-C size) matched GP 3300mAh packs sell for only $35 there, but cheaper cells will do just fine in a starterbox. I bought four 3000mAh packs there once for only $20 each via eBay!
Old 05-04-2004, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: InitialD missing in action

Which paks and charger?
These were some no-name 1500mAh packs...
Old 05-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KevinS
Try www.cheapbatterypacks.com

Even 6 cell (SC, Sub-C size) matched GP 3300mAh packs sell for only $35 there, but cheaper cells will do just fine in a starterbox. I bought four 3000mAh packs there once for only $20 each via eBay!
Lovely, thank you... the packs are not too bad, it is the charger, I need a wall charger, because as a Nitro guy, I am not really in the mood to get under the hood of my car to charge my cells.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by markp27
Second pic!

Cheers, Mark.
Cut off the excess bodyposts please
Where do the ti-screws come from. It looks as they are true M3 with 2mm hex heads. Most alu screws are the countersunk type and I don't want to use the shims underneath.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: InitialD missing in action

These were some no-name 1500mAh packs...

Cheap 1500 paks should cost about 10-15 bucks apiece .I use the reedy Quasar charger which cost me about 100 bucks .
Old 05-04-2004, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Julius
Cut off the excess bodyposts please
Where do the ti-screws come from. It looks as they are true M3 with 2mm hex heads. Most alu screws are the countersunk type and I don't want to use the shims underneath.
Julius you've been in the plane too long - you're out of data, man! Check my last picture from yesterday:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=860272

The ti-screws are all from Tamiya - I ordered them from rccarinternational.com - you can probably go to the shop to have a look. They are true M3 screws with the 2mm hex button heads. Also I've got some M3s with counter sunk heads. All tamiya. Expensive and not so much weight saved

Cheers, Mark.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.