Serpent 710

Old 04-22-2004, 04:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Patience my dear Harry. Patience.
Yeah.. my dear Harry, patience is a virtue... I will start the Tour in the begining of 2005. I look forward to racing you too.... The ultimate matchup.... HPI... and and OFNA...
Old 04-22-2004, 05:53 AM

Anyone ever have experience with Wild Cat Fuel (Eliminator for cars)? Care to share some info? Thanks

Last edited by Pyramid; 04-22-2004 at 06:08 AM.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

I've run it in my 5-port Sirio as well as the Trinity Monster Horsepower and Trinity Platinum. I'd say the Monster Horsepower worked the best for me and Platinum and WildCat were about equal. My engine seemed to load up a little more with those 2 fuels no matter how I tuned it. I believe they both have higher oil content than the Monster Horsepower.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Built update

Hi guys,

As of last night, just the Centax/engine/linkage installation then the car will be completed.

I'm new to Centax. Any additional tip on assembly on top of what Mark and the "black book" already mentioned? I read a lot toasted thrusted bearing and don't want that to happen.

One thing I think Serpent can improve on this kit is the use of fasteners that use ONE drive tool. There is 2mm hex, 2.5mm hex, and 2 sizes of Philips.

Ron
Old 04-22-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Built update

Originally posted by Blue Sky
Hi guys,

As of last night, just the Centax/engine/linkage installation then the car will be completed.

I'm new to Centax. Any additional tip on assembly on top of what Mark and the "black book" already mentioned? I read a lot toasted thrusted bearing and don't want that to happen.

One thing I think Serpent can improve on this kit is the use of fasteners that use ONE drive tool. There is 2mm hex, 2.5mm hex, and 2 sizes of Philips.

Ron
Guess what... WELL DONE. Just follow the FAQ, and remember to lube the thrust bearing properly.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by markp27
I know the feeling - I only put my 6 on my EVO III for a couple of laps, then took it off because I didn't want to damage it
You know you shouldn't get attached to bodies ...(well at least to lexan bodies )

I'm on my second 6 and ordered 2 more , Oh... I have a smashed stratus too

At least I really enjoy painting them!
Old 04-22-2004, 07:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by cox049
You know you shouldn't get attached to bodies ...(well at least to lexan bodies )

I'm on my second 6 and ordered 2 more , Oh... I have a smashed stratus too

At least I really enjoy painting them!
I love pinting them too, my baby does too, She loves helping me mask them... I was using a hobby blade to cut the stickers out, but I think I will get a DANG sharp pair of scissors to cut the stickers out.

I have ordered one mazda 6 and an MG and I have two HPI honda civics, and one alfa 156
Old 04-22-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by GlennCauley; 04-22-2004 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by BaxterC
I love pinting them too, my baby does too, She loves helping me mask them... I was using a hobby blade to cut the stickers out, but I think I will get a DANG sharp pair of scissors to cut the stickers out.

I have ordered one mazda 6 and an MG and I have two HPI honda civics, and one alfa 156
I use a hobby blade (very sharp is better ) and cut out the sticker , NOT the paper. Border it as close to the theme as possible and if you get too detail freak remember that it's gonna be hitting the boards shortly It really is fast and easy that way
Old 04-22-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Old 04-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Default Roll Center

Originally posted by InitialD
I don't think there is any difference with regards to how the weight of the car is located with the location of the rear bottom arm. If there is, it's probably very insignificant.

Hi Pyramid,

There would be no detectable weight difference when you change the location of the rear lower arm.

When adjusting roll-center, you make small changes with the upper insert, and make large changes with the lower insert.

With the rear upper inserts, when you place the inserts with the holes outward, you use shorter upper arms. This will give more camber change under suspension movement.
When you place the inserts with the holes inward, you use longer upper arms. This will give less camber change under suspension movement.

Roll-center and CG work hand-in-hand.
See the attached pic.

Think of it this way...
* Roll-center (RC) is the point around which the car rolls
* Center-of-Gravity (CG) is where all cornering force is directed
* RC and CG are (ideally) in the middle (left-right middle) of the car
* RC is below CG (for RC cars)

When cornering, centrifugal force is applied to the car's CG, which tends to push the car to the outside of a corner. Cornering force causes the CG to rotate around the RC. Since the RC is below the CG, cornering force causes the car to rotate AWAY from the force... hence the car rolls to the OUTSIDE of the corner.

* When RC is far away from CG (lower RC), when you corner the CG has more 'leverage' on the RC, so the car will roll more.
* When RC is closer to CG (higher RC), when you corner the CG has less 'leverage' on the RC, so the car will roll less.
* If the RC was right on top of the CG, when you corner the CG has no 'leverage' on the RC, so the car would not roll at all.

Depending on what the car is doing, you will want one end or the other to roll more or less. You change the height of the RC accordingly to make it closer or further from the CG (which for all intents is a fixed point).

I hope I didn't muddy the waters even more.

Last edited by GlennCauley; 03-22-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Talking Here it is!

Build finsihed at last - just a couple of things to tidy up a little. Saturday I'll set up the servos and start the car for the first time, but a run on Sunday is unlikely as I need to do a body shell for the 710 still

Here's a pic of the finished product.

Cheers, Mark.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-final.jpg  
Old 04-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Here it is!

Originally posted by markp27
Build finsihed at last - just a couple of things to tidy up a little. Saturday I'll set up the servos and start the car for the first time, but a run on Sunday is unlikely as I need to do a body shell for the 710 still

Here's a pic of the finished product.

Cheers, Mark.

SWEET!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default Roll Center

For anyone interested, I recently posted the article "Roll Center Understood" on myTSN at the following URL:

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=9986

Cheers!
Old 04-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Here it is!

Originally posted by GlennCauley
SWEET!!!
You can say that again

Thanks to your articles on mytsn, the linkages were pretty easy to do

Really looking forward to driving the 710

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.