Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so the pulleys are no good either?

yikes !
Old 04-17-2004, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: 3-Racing Handlepost (se710-030)

Originally posted by GlennCauley
Don't buy it!

I just received this 3Racing rollover bar and handle set, and tried to install it. It looks very pretty doesn't it? All the fine detail work...

When I tried to install the small grubscrews that hold the bar in the mounts, it took only one twist and the threads stripped right out of the mount holes. This happened with ALL the threaded holes.

Money down the drain.

Glenn, sorry to say this but it is well known amongst Malaysian racers that 3 Racing stuff are generally not good quality.

It is a good idea (applies to everyone here) to ask the good folks here first before buying anything from 3rd party.

... and no, I don't work for Serpent.

Old 04-17-2004, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Pyramid
..., front bumber (alum piece to hold the carbon with lower bumber plate is 0.7mm to tall).
I just ordered that thing! Too tall is still better than too short... Guess mr.Dremel will have another job soon.

What about the 2-speed and middle shaft? I ordered those too, not much that can go wrong there... right?
Old 04-17-2004, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Another 'product review' ...

I installed a HARD 2503 1-piece inline pipeset on my S710. This pipe is called a 'Shark' pipe, and you can adjust its length. This thing is absolutely gorgeous! A real work of art!

But... and you knew this was coming... it takes a fair bit of work to make it fit in the S710.

The problem is the header... the shape of it makes it a very long pipe... the bend in the header extends back (curves around) much further than other .12 headers (like Serpent's new 2175 conical header). This unfortunately places the bend in the header right on the main layshaft left-end pulley.

To make the pipe fit, I had to do make the following modifications to my S710:
  • grind 1mm off the end of the main layshaft so it does not extend beyond the pulley alum. adaptor
  • grind the outer corner of the pulley alum adaptor on a 45° angle until you cut it back by 2~3mm
  • enlarge the engine mount holes in the chassis to allow the engine to be moved further forward and more to the left
Old 04-17-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Drive Ratio Table for 710

The thing is I do not understand why they did not make a tire rollout table...
Old 04-17-2004, 06:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: sepent starter

Originally posted by PSI Racing
What batteries are you guys using in your Serpent starter boxes?
Woow... I just use ordinary gel cell...
Old 04-17-2004, 06:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Drive Ratio Table for 710

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
i have just downloaded the table please could somebody explain what it means please
It tells you how much overdrive / underdrive you have on the car using different front and rear tire diameters.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Originally posted by GlennCauley
To make the pipe fit, I had to do make the following modifications to my S710:
  • grind 1mm off the end of the main layshaft so it does not extend beyond the pulley alum. adaptor
  • grind the outer corner of the pulley alum adaptor on a 45° angle until you cut it back by 2~3mm
  • enlarge the engine mount holes in the chassis to allow the engine to be moved further forward and more to the left
One of the solutions is to also mount the pipe with the front of the pipe slanted upwards a little.

The pipe makes a nice sound. It is very hardy and withstands quite a hit. I find that this pipe is a little flat on the top end on Nova engines. More of a bottom end pipe. You need to richen the HSN needle a lot (close to 6 turns out) in order not to overheat the engine. So be careful.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
front bumber (alum piece to hold the carbon with lower bumber plate is 0.7mm to tall).
Are you referring to this?

Have not tried mine yet. I was just thinking about using just the aluminum part where the front droop screws are located.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Originally posted by InitialD
One of the solutions is to also mount the pipe with the front of the pipe slanted upwards a little.
That's right D. I'm using this too and slant the pipe a little upwards,

The pipe makes a nice sound. It is very hardy and withstands quite a hit.
Most definitely. I should post what mine looks like after it's loyal 2 years' service on my 705, mtx3 and now the 710!

I find that this pipe is a little flat on the top end on Nova engines. More of a bottom end pipe. You need to richen the HSN needle a lot (close to 6 turns out) in order not to overheat the engine. So be careful.
I'm using it with my Rody Tuned X12 and I find it more of a top-end. You're right about having to richen the HSN though, the combo screams (but fast) and overheats otherwise.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
That's right D. I'm using this too and slant the pipe a little upwards,
Hey, great minds think alike !

Most definitely. I should post what mine looks like after it's loyal 2 years' service on my 705, mtx3 and now the 710!
Hey, I think somebody should record it and make a mobile ringtone out of it ! Those of use who cannot get enough of nitro engine sound, that would be perfect !

I'm using it with my Rody Tuned X12 and I find it more of a top-end. You're right about having to richen the HSN though, the combo screams (but fast) and overheats otherwise.
I'm comparing this to by "mix n match" pipe that I have done... A Nova inline header with a RDLogic .15 pipe pipe which makes the pipe length to about 88 mm. It gives tremendous top end compared to what I would make with any pipe including the Shark. You can see the engine pulls in the middle of the straights and reaches top end very easily. Tested it out at Seremban 2 the other weekend and it was ecstasy. Used a 4.91 FDR and 60 mm tires. I would not used that low gearing if it was any other pipe combo.

But I guess like what you said, the pipe is perhaps more suited for the Rody engine.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Hey, great minds think alike !
Ermm ... and fools never differ?

Hey, I think somebody should record it and make a mobile ringtone out of it ! Those of use who cannot get enough of nitro engine sound, that would be perfect !
Ahhh ... not a bad idea. Do it then! I'm sure you know how.

I'm comparing this to by "mix n match" pipe that I have done... A Nova inline header with a RDLogic .15 pipe pipe which makes the pipe length to about 88 mm. It gives tremendous top end compared to what I would make with any pipe including the Shark. You can see the engine pulls in the middle of the straights and reaches top end very easily. Tested it out at Seremban 2 the other weekend and it was ecstasy. Used a 4.91 FDR and 60 mm tires. I would not used that low gearing if it was any other pipe combo.

But I guess like what you said, the pipe is perhaps more suited for the Rody engine.
Wow, 4.91 FDR? That is definitely low for S2. But then again, you were on "ecstasy" so I'm not sure you knew what you were doing!
Old 04-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HARD 2503 1-pc inline pipeset - adjustable

Wow, 4.91 FDR? That is definitely low for S2. But then again, you were on "ecstasy" so I'm not sure you knew what you were doing!
With that pipe combo, it was easy as the car never seemed to want to stop accelerating from the straight going into a sweeper. Of course, I dare not push the Massimo further.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sepent starter

Woow... I just use ordinary gel cell...
You could fit a gel cell into the Serpent starter box, or do you used the gel cell externally?
Old 04-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sepent starter

Originally posted by PSI Racing
You could fit a gel cell into the Serpent starter box, or do you used the gel cell externally?
A friend of mine manaed to get a decent gel cell size to fit the Serpent starter box. I need to ask him where he got his. I use mine externally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.