Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Thread fix for plastic ?

Originally posted by InitialD
I have heard of people putting a little CA glue and let it harden before screwing into the plastic. Or you could use longer screws if that's possible.
Put a drop on the screw and put it in before the glue hardens. That way it fills the thread in both the plastic and the screw.
It will get you by until the first crash.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey all this may be a dumb question, but on JABRONI's car why are all the woven carbon fiver pieces so white and not greyish??

thanks Jason
Old 03-31-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Like was posted by both Schrijver99 and Julius Efra restrict us to 16% max. However, whether you are running 16% or 30% is not an issue. Ambient Temperature is more a deciding factor. I would guess that Malaysia is a really hot country most of the time. In this situation 30% would be more beneficial as it helps cool the engine. But on cooler areas like the UK were we rarely see over 12degC at best of times 16% can actually make the engine perform better. Nitro requires high temps to combust so in cold temps excess nitro content doesnt benefit as it lays in the cylinder. Due to not getting full combustion this reduces the power of the engine for starters and also after a while induces the engine to start ceasing (vapour-lock) or running iratically. This is one of the most common reasons for constant flameouts.
30% would be more beneficial for us racers in hot country...now thats a relieve. Pheww..thanks there Palmaris. hmmm thinking of getting the trinity platinum 30% nitro...is this a good one for my NovaMax with #6Tf plug?

Originally posted by BaxterC
JFC Tech, if you go to the your LHS and ask them to mix you some fuel to these specs, you could go down to about 10% nitro, 10% Oil, and 80% Methanol... and whip guys with 16% nitro, and 12% oil... Small tip to help for power...
I wish my lhs can do like this but they dont. if i ask them whats the castor content..they don't know either. but i understand..they just do selling thanks for the tips though.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jscamry
hey all this may be a dumb question, but on JABRONI's car why are all the woven carbon fiver pieces so white and not greyish??
They are not woven carbon fiber. They are called Silver Surface Graphite or in short SSG. Apparently more flexible and therefore they need to be made thicker for rigidity.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Calling MarkP and InitialD!

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
These two guys and everyone else here will love my new toy!

Check out the racing section at RC Reviews!

Cool!!! Ehm, it does run on the operating of the chosen ones?
Old 03-31-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jfc_tech
I wish my lhs can do like this but they dont. if i ask them whats the castor content..they don't know either. but i understand..they just do selling thanks for the tips though.
Trying to mix your own fuel is expensive in Malaysia. Especially since nitromethane is VERY hard to come by not to mention BLOODY expensive ! Apparently, it is a controlled substance here.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Radio Tray Work

Originally posted by JABRONI
Very nice and clean !!

1thing to consider when you race this car, your mechanic must not spill the fuel. Since it was very wide open on that area.

Just my idea.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

1thing to consider when you race this car, your mechanic must not spill the fuel. Since it was very wide open on that area.

Just my idea
I am almost used to having my batery showered somehow.... My mechanic always spills. i wish serpent had made the tank sit on top of just the chassis like in a NTC3 for example.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Profoxcg
I am almost used to having my batery showered somehow.... My mechanic always spills. i wish serpent had made the tank sit on top of just the chassis like in a NTC3 for example.
I guess you cannot please all people all the time... I think Serpent had primarily targeted to put the heavy weight parts to be closest to the centerline of the car and closest to the center. This makes for reduced polar moment (car is more nimble and shifts left to right and vice versa faster) and lower CG due to placement of the heavy weight parts as low as possible can.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Profoxcg
me too but by myself ..luckily the battery not spoilt. The only thing to do is just wrapped the battery. so far after hard race, the battery is still ok.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

mine 2
Old 03-31-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Radio Tray Work

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Very nice and clean !!

Just my idea.
Sorry all, I only mean the receiver top side, not the whole car.
The option part seems not covering that area.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

If the SSG parts are suppose to be thicker due to it being more flexible, would it still be lighter than the stock parts?
Old 03-31-2004, 10:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by cyba888
If the SSG parts are suppose to be thicker due to it being more flexible, would it still be lighter than the stock parts?
No idea but looking at the weight posted (pretty close to stock), weight additions from the aluminum parts and weight savings from the titanium shafts even out leaving the SSG parts to be about the same weight as the stock graphite ones... Just guessing here.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
No idea but looking at the weight posted (pretty close to stock), weight additions from the aluminum parts and weight savings from the titanium shafts even out leaving the SSG parts to be about the same weight as the stock graphite ones... Just guessing here.
I must admit that the SSG parts look cool, but I also like the carbon fibre look. If there is no real weight saving, then the only reason to get SSG parts woulf be the look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.