Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by cyba888
What do you guys use to clean your engine? I was told to use cleaning alchohol.
Internally or the engine crankcase externals? Alchohol should be OK for internal and external. I use those commercially available nitro cleaners like the one below;

Old 03-30-2004, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

[B]Which fuel would you recommend using, Tornado or Byron? Im currently using Tornado 25%. They should both be about the same correct? These are the only 2 type of fuels my lhs carries.
Byrons ,i think
Old 03-30-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Internally or the engine crankcase externals? Alchohol should be OK for internal and external. I use those commercially available nitro cleaners like the one below;

I dont think they have that stuff here, even if they do it wouldnt be worth the price. I think alchohol will just do fine for external cleaning only.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Which fuel would you recommend using, Tornado or Byron? Im currently using Tornado 25%. They should both be about the same correct? These are the only 2 type of fuels my lhs carries.
Just my personal opinion !

I have ran both fuels before. Ran the Byron sometime back and I remembered it to be excellent when it came out compared to the rest of the available fuels. But later on I noticed that I had tuning problems. I found that the fuel was difficult to tune and made the engine very blubbery ! I also noticed that I used to get the bottles with sealed tabs but not anymore. So when Tornado came along, I switched and never looked back ! Excellent fuel ! Consistant performance all around, easy to tune and most of all, power !
Old 03-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Prophet

I dont think they have that stuff here, even if they do it wouldnt be worth the price. I think alchohol will just do fine for external cleaning only.
Ok. If for external use, I use the commercially available brake cleaners that you get from DIY / Auto shops. That's when I have to spray a lot to get all the gunk out. Cheaper too.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok. If for external use, I use the commercially available brake cleaners that you get from DIY / Auto shops. That's when I have to spray a lot to get all the gunk out.
How do you get all that gunk out, dont you need a air compressor to blast it away or do you wipe it down with a q-tip?
Old 03-30-2004, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

How do you get all that gunk out, dont you need a air compressor to blast it away or do you wipe it down with a q-tip?
some of those brake cleaners evaporate like nitro wash
Old 03-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Prophet

With the brake cleaners that comes in compressed cans, it's not a problem. Just blast them. If you use alchohol, you'd probably need an air compressor. Else, like what you say, use q-tip.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

With the brake cleaners that comes in compressed cans, it's not a problem. Just blast them. If you use alchohol, you'd probably need an air compressor. Else, like what you say, use q-tip.
I plan on using a toothbrush to clean the engine with cleaning alchohol. But for rinsing would it be ok to use a little running water, if Iwere to avoid the carb, fuel hole and heatsink?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Prophet

I plan on using a toothbrush to clean the engine with cleaning alchohol. But for rinsing would it be ok to use a little running water, if Iwere to avoid the carb, fuel hole and heatsink?
As long as you know what you are doing, should be OK. Avoid the front bearing too.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
some of those brake cleaners evaporate like nitro wash
dont use brake cleaner on your nitro car! bad for plastics and skin!. melts soft plastics.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by spawn
dont use brake cleaner on your nitro car! bad for plastics and skin!. melts soft plastics.
Thanks for reminding ! I only spray them directly at the engine crankcase.

I found out it was corrosive when I used a little bit of it to clean the bodyshell ! Spray on a little on the tissue and wipe the shell. When used carefully, it's an excellent skid mark cleaner on the bodyshell !
Old 03-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I found out it was corrosive when I used a little bit of it to clean the bodyshell ! Spray on a little on the tissue and wipe the shell. When used carefully, it's an excellent skid mark cleaner on the bodyshell !
yup, I use the brake cleaner on the engine crankcase too but I do wear protective gloves. Only cost about USD2.50 for each can of brake cleaner.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

I only spray the brush, therefore avoiding soaking my hands!

As a skid mark remover, break cleaner is second to none!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for GlennCauley?

Originally posted by GlennCauley
What I really like about the 1-piece pipe sets is that they are very tough and can take more abuse (i.e, side collisions) than 2-piece pipes held together by a coupler. What I don't like about the 1-piece pipes is that you are stuck with the pipe length they set.

How I wish someone would design a 1-piece pipe where you can adjust the pipe length...

With 2-piece pipes you can adjust overall pipe length to tune your engine better. But the tradeoff is that the pipe length can change if you hit the pipe, or the pipe can come apart.

I use 1-piece EFRA/ROAR pipesets on both my S710 and S835 cars.

On my S710 I am trying the #2170 pipeset (TP06) this season (I used a Dynamite 1-piece pipe on my Impulse Pro 2 years ago).
On my S835 I use the #2690 pipeset.

We run on a smaller, more technical track (parking lot).

Cheers!
Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
Hi Glenn, Your wish has come true already, one is still limitted, but Novarossi have extentions... there are some on RC-Mushroom, but they are for the .21 pipe, not the .12 pipe... Thank you for the info, I (will) have a novarossi pipe soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.