Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Question for GlennCauley?

Originally posted by GlennCauley
I have no personal experience with the TP04 pipe unfortunately.
I usually use a 1-piece "karting" pipe like the TP06 tuned pipe set (#2170).
With the TP04 is a 2 piece pipe and generally used for torque. You need to match the pipe and manifold to get the correct pipe length. The inline pipes (fixed pipe length) like the TP05 and TP06 are generally used for middle and top end with pretty moderate bottom end. Whatever pipe you use, gear to compensate accordingly.

While I hate to pass the buck, I would recommend contact someone at Serpent (Julius Kolff maybe) to find out the characteristics of this pipe.
If you did not know, Julius does not work for Serpent ! He works for KLM but drives for Serpent !
Old 03-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
Good luck and may the force be with you ! Blast them out of the water Marcos !
i ll try!
Old 03-30-2004, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Insecurity ! I think he was really pissed when he asked what bbntc3 from the NTC3 forum thought about the 710 and he replied to say that the R40 was no match and that the 710 was a different story as it is almost enough to make a man switch cars !
true!!
Old 03-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
I'd have to disagree with you guys on that Nitro doesn't make more power. I build drag race engines for a living and I have customers that run methanol and Nitro methane. Put it this way, guys running methanol only, with better superchargers, more boost and better cylinder heads make about 3000-3500 Horespower. Guys running Nitro about 90%, with less boost are making about 8000 HORESPOWER!!!! There is alot of power to be had with Nitro. The extra power that comes from Nitro is because it is actually quite explosive. Nitro actual explodes in the combustion chamber. On the engines that are running Nitro in Drag Racing, it is so explosive and there is soo much cylinder pressure that after every pass all the bearings in the engine have been completely pounded flat! Now thats power! Just my two cents.
Can you build me a custom nitro engine for my 710 I need more power! I just need a few hundred horses only, not a few thousand.
Super Moderator

I noticed that the team driver's setup rarely use the DRS at the above position when using +1 for toe in.
with this setting it goes back to zero toe in and it has a noticible top speed increase
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for GlennCauley?

What I really like about the 1-piece pipe sets is that they are very tough and can take more abuse (i.e, side collisions) than 2-piece pipes held together by a coupler. What I don't like about the 1-piece pipes is that you are stuck with the pipe length they set.
True. Take a look at some Team Magic pipes and inline pipes made by HARD. Their lengths can be adjusted.

On my S710 I am trying the #2170 pipeset (TP06) this season (I used a Dynamite 1-piece pipe on my Impulse Pro 2 years ago).
On my S835 I use the #2690 pipeset.
You could actually use the 2690 pipe on the 710. Team Serpent used to use that pipe on their 705 / Impulse PRO before the TP05 and TP06 inline pipes came out.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Understeer

Originally posted by JPRacing
Hi guys. Wondered if you could help me here.
The tracks in my country are on the sliperry side and I am having a heck of a hard time trying to get rid of on-power understeer from my 710. I use ball diffs front and back. I have tried lower shore foams in front to no avail.
Mr. Chan is right about the things to do. I noticed the same when I tried a friend's 710 with front and rear diffs. On power, the car drifts and does not track the path that you want. I would suggest tightening the front and rear diffs. Front relatively tighter than rear.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Schrijver99
Whoops have had the new conical in my hand today but forgot to look at the part nr Will have mine on Friday I'll post the size and pic!
Thanks Schrijver99. Looking forward to that !
Old 03-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: diffuser

Originally posted by JABRONI
In any event, it appears that if the rumors were to be true he could be a great addition to the Serpent Team for the Future !!
Yup. Especially lacking of good Serpent drivers in our area here. Hara would be a tremendous boost to sales of Serpent in this region !
Old 03-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: My clutch slips

Originally posted by pelos
After the first 40 min run I serviced my 710. I put all together (radio tray, motor, clutch and gear) but now the clutch slips It was working perfectly!
I checked 5 times the clutch gap and the end play as in the manual. I loose the clutch spring more than one turn but the problem is still there.
I am not able to understand if I made a mistake or the clutch shoe is burn out...
If you measured the clutch gap correctly, you would have compensated for any wear in the clutch shoe. So I don't think your clutch shoe is burned out assuming you checked your clutch gap correctly.

Anyway, did you mod the Centax flyweights? The correct way to check the clutch gap is to take off all the bearings at the back of the clutch bell and mount the clutch bell with the thrust bearing. Then measure as per the manual.

If your clutch still slips, keep adding shims (0.1 mm at a time) to the front near the thrust bearing to make the clutch gap closer and test it out.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: diffuser INITIALD CAN YOU ANSWER THIS QUESTION?

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
hey glenn that article on mytsn by Bruno Heremans about the diffuser ,how will that work on an r/c car?
Old 03-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

What do you guys use to clean your engine? I was told to use cleaning alchohol.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: diffuser INITIALD CAN YOU ANSWER THIS QUESTION?

Sorry Marcos, that subject is beyond me man...
Old 03-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: diffuser INITIALD CAN YOU ANSWER THIS QUESTION?

Sorry Marcos, that subject is beyond me man...
well i tried but anyways i looked at the roar rule book and i dont think that it is legal anyways! i sent a e-mail to Bruno Heremans the person that wrote the article and im going to see what his anwers is!
Old 03-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Which fuel would you recommend using, Tornado or Byron? Im currently using Tornado 25%. They should both be about the same correct? These are the only 2 type of fuels my lhs carries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.