Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for GlennCauley?

Originally posted by GlennCauley
What I really like about the 1-piece pipe sets is that they are very tough and can take more abuse (i.e, side collisions) than 2-piece pipes held together by a coupler. What I don't like about the 1-piece pipes is that you are stuck with the pipe length they set.

How I wish someone would design a 1-piece pipe where you can adjust the pipe length...

With 2-piece pipes you can adjust overall pipe length to tune your engine better. But the tradeoff is that the pipe length can change if you hit the pipe, or the pipe can come apart.

I use 1-piece EFRA/ROAR pipesets on both my S710 and S835 cars.

On my S710 I am trying the #2170 pipeset (TP06) this season (I used a Dynamite 1-piece pipe on my Impulse Pro 2 years ago).
On my S835 I use the #2690 pipeset.

We run on a smaller, more technical track (parking lot).

Cheers!
Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
how was that dynamite pipe it looks very similar to the stock novamega?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for GlennCauley?

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
how was that dynamite pipe it looks very similar to the stock novamega?
The Dynamite pipe was okay but not terrific. I could never find the "sweet spot" on the engine, but that may have been due to many factors and not just the pipe.

I'll admit that I "cheaped out" and went with the Dynamite pipe (flat black finish) because it was noticably cheaper than the NovaMega pipe. The exhaust header on the Dynamite pipe was a bit on the skinny side.

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada

Last edited by GlennCauley; 03-30-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for GlennCauley?

The Dynamite pipe was okay but not terrific. I could never find the "sweet spot" on the engine, but may have been due to many factors and not the pipe.

I'll admit that I "cheaped out" and went with the Dynamite pipe (flat black finish) because it was noticably cheaper than the NovaMega pipe. The exhaust header was a bit skinny on the Dynamite pipe.

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
thanks, does it make a difference in how wige the header is as far as performance?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for GlennCauley?

thanks, does it make a difference in how wide the header is as far as performance?
Yup!

A skinny header will not pass the exhaust gasses as well as a wider header. Pipes with skinnier headers usually give better bottom-end. Pipes with wider headers usually give better top-end.

I looked at some of the older headers that some of my racing buddies use. Some are so thin (the old headers, not my racing buddies ) that you could not stick your pinky finger in them. Some newer headers are much thicker... by 30~40% probably.

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
Old 03-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for GlennCauley?

Yup!

A skinny header will not pass the exhaust gasses as well as a wider header. Pipes with skinnier headers usually give better bottom-end. Pipes with wider headers usually give better top-end.

I looked at some of the older headers that some of my racing buddies use. Some are so thin (the old headers, not my racing buddies ) that you could not stick your pinky finger in them. Some newer headers are much thicker... by 30~40% probably.

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
thanks for the info
Old 03-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default diffuser

hey gleen that article on mytsn by Bruno Heremans about the diffuser ,how will that work on an r/c car?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Default Understeer

Hi guys. Wondered if you could help me here.
The tracks in my country are on the sliperry side and I am having a heck of a hard time trying to get rid of on-power understeer from my 710. I use ball diffs front and back. I have tried lower shore foams in front to no avail.
I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction with regard to shock oil, shock shaft clicks, etc. so I can kick some Mugen and R40 butt!!
Thanks guys.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by InitialD
Hey Julius, you mentioned in the setup about the new conical header. Which one is that? 2175?

Is the 2175 longer or shorter than the 2174?

Whoops have had the new conical in my hand today but forgot to look at the part nr Will have mine on Friday I'll post the size and pic!

Last edited by Schrijver99; 03-30-2004 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Understeer

Originally posted by JPRacing
The tracks in my country are on the sliperry side and I am having a heck of a hard time trying to get rid of on-power understeer from my 710. I use ball diffs front and back. I have tried lower shore foams in front to no avail.
I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction with regard to shock oil, shock shaft clicks, etc. so I can kick some Mugen and R40 butt!!
Thanks guys.
On power understeer .. I think Hard Diff will help !! ... or lower the front roll center . You also can play with caster ...More caster will give you more at on power streering !! If I'm not wrong !!.

Softer shock oil and spring will help too !.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Understeer

Originally posted by JPRacing
Thanks guys.
Set your rear upper inserts to UBO and turn in your upper pivotballs 3 turns in.
Set your front diff to mid/hard and your rear diff to mid/soft
Also set your front anti-rollbar to soft or don't use it.

Everything else use standard
Old 03-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot, for yours helps. And for welcome.
I follow reading, reading,....litle and litle....uffffff    240 pages    when i finish a read the entire board, i have a 90 years old, I will be and excelent mecanic, but driving with a trembling hands ....
Old 03-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by xluis
Thanks a lot, for yours helps. And for welcome.
I follow reading, reading,....litle and litle....uffffff    240 pages    when i finish a read the entire board, i have a 90 years old, I will be and excelent mecanic, but driving with a trembling hands ....
welcome
Old 03-30-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default PUSH

Try a higher # droop on your set up gauge, the less the front wheels hang down when you excellerate the less rear traction you get under excelleration, you could also run less rear toe in, this will make the car rotate better in the corner and give more on power steering
Old 03-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for GlennCauley?

Yup!

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
the manifold been larger diameter will that help on the top end performance or the low end?
Old 03-30-2004, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default RE: Header pipe diameter

the manifold been larger diameter will that help on the top end performance or the low end?
A larger diameter header will help top-end performance.

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada

Last edited by GlennCauley; 03-30-2004 at 12:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.