Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by BaxterC
sweet, thanks guys, tell me, the digital servos are programmable, but how does one program a digital servo, I dont neccesarily wan to buy a programmer.
I believe the latest digital servos from KO (KO-2343 and 2344) allows you to program the servo for what it's worth ! You need a special cable which they sell. You can either do it via their propreitary programmer or via PC with the necessary software and cable.

In my opinion, I don't think it's necessary though...
Old 03-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
What rear end width are you all running? With my still suspensionless 710, if I set my rear width to 199m or more, then the DRS arm starts to catch the centax gear - I suppose this won't happen once I get my shocks on. Anyone had any problems here?
I try not to run more than 200 mm in the rear for setup and handling reasons. It does rub the right DRS arm a little but now not anymore.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Some crazy off-the-hip idea!

Originally posted by markp27
Well, why not screw the pivot balls in further and then use wheel spacers to correct the width back to 200mm? Is there something I've missed here?

Cheers, Mark.
You could actually... I believe the 705 had an optional aluminum rear hex wheel adaptors that are 8 mm wide if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps you can use that too. Or you could use rear wheels that already have +2 mm offset.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Some crazy off-the-hip idea!

Originally posted by sparksy
Me either. However, radiotray, rear tower, brake plate, front upper and lower bumper have all broken and I have pulled a pivot ball from the hub, not the arm.
Radio tray and brake plate ( )? You mean the CF brake plate?

Picard, I have also done some very silly things when making adjustments... try running a front and a rear spring on the front shocks, and your rear shocks in different upper holes.
I think you were in a hurry when you made those adjustments...

oh, I have ordered the white springs... (and a diff for the front)
I found that the 710 behaves very nicely with soft suspension setup even on high speed tracks. Don't know why. Perhaps the car is light and the stock yellow springs and 30wt oil is already enough.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Very Happy

Originally posted by Picard
ID I noticed you have tried the solid front, I am going to give that a try next.
If you need mind boggling brakes to outrun and outbrake the competition, that's the ticket !

With some changes to the setup, you can make the car drive as if you're on front diffs ! The car turns in easily and powers out fantastic !
Old 03-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sparksy and myself found the same thing on the weekend ID, unfortunately it took us most of the heats to figure this out
Old 03-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Now where did those white springs of mine go
Old 03-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I tyed to install my solie axel conversion but the pins wont fit thought the wholes on the diff... should i dremel it open a little? maybe I need instructions.. are there any posted somehwere/
Old 03-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Profoxcg
I tyed to install my solie axel conversion but the pins wont fit thought the wholes on the diff... should i dremel it open a little? maybe I need instructions.. are there any posted somehwere/
The pins may be a little tight going in the hole. Perhaps it is meant to be that way. What I did was I used one of my old hex wrenches with about the same diameter as the pin and use a plastic mallet / hammer to knock the pin in. Take off the tires and lay the chassis flat while doing this. Also, make sure that the holes in the oneway outdrive and the holes in the aluminum axle is inline.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

thanks, i will try that
Old 03-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Very Happy

Originally posted by InitialD
If you need mind boggling brakes to outrun and outbrake the competition, that's the ticket !

With some changes to the setup, you can make the car drive as if you're on front diffs ! The car turns in easily and powers out fantastic !
can you provide the link to the post ? coz CAR TURNS IN EASILY AND POWERS OUT FANTASTIC seems awesome to have!!!!

thanks!

mop
Old 03-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Very Happy

Originally posted by mop_iko
can you provide the link to the post ? coz CAR TURNS IN EASILY AND POWERS OUT FANTASTIC seems awesome to have!!!!
Mop, here it is.

Might or might not work for you. Worked for me though. Perhaps you could make it work the same when using the optional front diff.

I would agree that if the traction is decent, the oneway front is faster.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

does serpent make a light weight main shaft? (the one that holds the transmision and brakes) ?

i will love to replace mine... its so heavy.

or any LW parts for that matter?
Old 03-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Here is a lightweight 2 speed shaft http://rc-mushroom.com/index.php?cPath=37_91
Old 03-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Please let me know "D" how the solid front diff and front diff compare on a small track. I'm interested in hearing about that. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.