Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Couldn't resist one more in the evening sunset
If you're really bored and got really nothing else to do, you could dismantle the car and polish every metal part including the screws !
Old 03-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Now see them drive!

Originally posted by markp27
S&S, are you going to put some more vid's up on the website - we need to study that killer instinct of InitialD more closely

You guys never give up do you?
Old 03-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by kitracer
this should work
kitracer, what Serpent part is that on the bottom right? Could not make out the part number.

Have you managed to try out the 3 racing parts yet? How is their durability on the 710?
Old 03-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Zizu
But the biggest drawback of the car is its durability.In three weeks I've replaced 3 rear lower arms,3 shock shafts,front belt,2 spurs,3 pinions,front knuckle and 2 sets dogbones.Never have I replaced parts for my other cars this much in 3 months let alone 3 weeks.Any ways to bulletproof this cars is very much appreciated especially shock shafts.Thanks
Zizu, why are you breaking the parts? I find that you only breaking parts like that upon high speed impact. Parts like the knuckles will never break on soft impact as they will pop out of the pivot balls first before breaking. I find the knuckles more durable than say the stock knuckles on the 705. The dogbones will break when you hit the car when you're on power. Pinions and spurs will only strip when your engine mount is not secured tightly. I'm assuming you're running on a fairly clean track. Secure the engine mounting screws hard with a T wrench and you will not have stripping problems. A tip is to tighten the engine mounting screws when the engine is hot. As for the front belt, mine has already gone through 12 liters of fuel and still using the same one. I only changed the side belt after 10 liters of fuel.

Are you using a oneway front on the 710? What are you running on the other cars? Oneway also?

There are some tips to make the shock shaft have more twisting play. Look for Pyramid or Goldfinger's postings.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:19 PM

Originally posted by InitialD
4 mm thick? Have you received them yet?
We`ve been using them... and according to Goldfinger, the new production of lower bumper plastic is already thicker as we received those also; but I never notice.

The new, bronze filter, tank has exactly (but tend to over) of 75cc volume. I ended up putting one spacer in it on our National race, yesterday. Also, total weight with personal transponder, body, and full fuel comes to 1775gr... thats with 64mm and 62mm, rear and front tires. I also add up 15gr just for a save and `polite` side to respect 1750gr minimum.

This thread moves faster than I tought, 5 full pages in the past two days.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
We`ve been using them... and according to Goldfinger, the new production of lower bumper plastic is already thicker as we received those also; but I never notice.
Cool. I guess same pricing?

The new, bronze filter, tank has exactly (but tend to over) of 75cc volume. I ended up putting one spacer in it on our National race, yesterday.
I would think they would make it "slightly" bigger because now you can adjust the exact volume with spacers.

Also, total weight with personal transponder, body, and full fuel comes to 1775gr... thats with 64mm and 62mm, rear and front tires. I also add up 15gr just for a save and `polite` side to respect 1750gr minimum.

Hey, how did yours and Goldfinger's race go? Was it at JITC?

This thread moves faster than I tought, 5 full pages in the past two days.
Blame it on Mark ! He's the culprit !
Old 03-07-2004, 08:05 PM

Cool. I guess same pricing?
All the same pricing..

Yes, the race was in JITC (big track for GP).. I would say not bad for my S710 to hit the JITC track for the first time (and me for the 3rd time within a year), I ended up in fifth (started from 9), already bottom out (bad decision in choosing tires shore) after 25mins of 45mins total A final. Goldfinger took the B1. Total entries were 47. JITC big track for GP layout could never be changed, only clockwise or counter clockwise for the past 4 years.

The car handle nicely... for comparison with others, if I may, it takes corners in a much `smoother` way which could make you go faster but also a little tricky on the throttle apply which might slow you down. Serpent drive train has always been very free.. but I found it difficult to get much corner speed (as I prefer a `natural` drag brake than adjusting the brake lever. But a I guess a free drive train would also have many advantages on other areas.

The RR12 engine surely worth the money than any other modified engine.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The new, bronze filter, tank has exactly (but tend to over) of 75cc volume. I ended up putting one spacer in it on our National race, yesterday.
What do you mean place a spacer? where? what for?

I am lost, but it sounds interesting. i use an external filter isnt that the same things as the new tank (in terms of function)
Old 03-07-2004, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by Profoxcg
What do you mean place a spacer? where? what for?

I am lost, but it sounds interesting. i use an external filter isnt that the same things as the new tank (in terms of function)
Is is the spacer added by user to reduce the volume of fuel tank.. I`m not talking about the filter itself. Only newer type of fuel tank you will find that screw holes (inside the tank, open the lid to see). The newer fuel tank also equipped with bronze filter (white for the old one)..
Old 03-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what kind of spacer? and in the tank to you place it/
Old 03-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

The RR12 engine surely worth the money than any other modified engine.
Ha ha ha.. for the 1st time in 1 year that we have same opinion.

Guys... its time to save your money.
Even we gear up to 4.5 final ratio and using EFRA pipe (115 deg.C), we not notice any power drop when it shift to 2nd gear.
With 710, sure you will get all of the attention in the straight line.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

are the new lower bumpers noticeably stronger than the original ones? Is it the same part number? The new rear shock tower is a different part #, right?
Old 03-07-2004, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by Profoxcg
what kind of spacer? and in the tank to you place it/
SER-801159 Spacer Tank-Capacity, but you can use other think such as your shock piston
Old 03-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Would it be similar to Loctite 8191 that some team drivers are using?

ID- I don't know what he uses but I use CRC Industrial MOLY LUBE No. 03084. When the car is dismantled for cleaning and IRAN (inspect and repair as necessary) I coat the dogbones and outdrives.
It seems logical to try to soften a belt, but why would you want to decrease friction with the pulley? That's why the teeth are there, to prevent slipping. NO??

I spray and soak the belts with Silicone lube. They seem to last longer.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
are the new lower bumpers noticeably stronger than the original ones? Is it the same part number? The new rear shock tower is a different part #, right?
I don't believe it's a different part number. More often than not, Serpent uses back the same part numbers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.