Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Watchout !!

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Just pay more attention for this car ....
Nice orange Lolita paint job, Goldfinger !
Old 02-14-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Sorry for being so long..
Here s what I mean bulletproof bumper

Front View :
Goldfinger, what is this I see some titanium screws here and there...
Old 02-14-2004, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by cyba888
Does the factory charger that comes with the Futaba remotes charge ni-mh batteries? You know the one with 2 red lights on the adapter,1 for the rx and the other for tx? Actually I found one laying around but its a Hitec one. Not sure if it will work with a Futaba remote. The polarity should all be the same correct? Im guessing it should be universal.
Here are the specs for the Hitec Ni-Cd charger.
Input 117VAC 50/60Hz 4VA
Ouput TX 10.8V DC 55ma
Rx 4.8V DC 55ma

Should I see if it works or is it too much of a risk?
Anyone?
Old 02-14-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Is there any normal wear and tear I need to watch out for on the 710? I heard someone mentioned that some kind of shims need to be replaced as they get worned out?(forgot which ones) Im talking about anything doing with the clutch, gears, thrust bearings or anything similar?
Shims? What shims?

As far as clutch is concerned, I'm very happy. I only damaged the 1st gear pinion due to an accident. The pinion hit the tarmac. Spurs are also very durable. I have not changed my spurs yet after running close to 2 gallons of fuel.

Because of that accident, I think some metal debris went into the 2 small bearing and damaged them both at once !

Thrust bearing? Never failed a single thrust bearing since I ran Centax clutch on the Impulse. If you install and lube them properly, they will never fail.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
When the pinion gear (standard) and spur are worn out, it`s better of changing both at the same time to avoid stripping. Shims on the first gear also.
Agree on this too. Best is to change to a new spur and pinion at the same time. When I had a slight accident the other time in the Thailand race, the spur rubbed a little while the 1st gear pinion was damaged. Changed the pinion only and I noticed that the pinion gets worned out faster with the extra plastic from the slightly damaged spur. After that, the pinion and spur "sets in" and I'm still using them.

Originally posted by Pyramid
Madness... I think that`s driver factor. S710 has blast MTX3 on its firts meeting by overlaping in 5 minutes run in here.
Oh yes. Definitely agreed on that. It's always a driver factor most of the time.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Watchout !!

Just pay more attention for this car ....
I also have the Lolita shell just waiting to be painted ! In fact I have 3 unpainted shells. The other 2 being the Mazda 6 and the Alfa 2.1.

Hey Goldfinger, it looks like you lock the front one way. Is it? How do you find it? Any difference in setup from one way front that you did on the car?

Also, you're still mounting the steering linkage on top of the servo saver?
Old 02-14-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Watchout !!

With stock 710 bumper and plate.. i gave up already after replace it 4 times.
Ummm, you must be hitting the front on hard impacts. I've replaced the top plate once and the bottom one twice so far. All those times it was in the Thailand race.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Anynody out there that has some detail pictures of Ralph en Michaels car?
Old 02-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Initiate

The cars or the bodies...?
Old 02-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Pinion Gear Aluminum Washer

Got plenty of it :
SER-802511 Centax-3 Gear Pinion Shim.

This is a must spare on your box.

2 or 3 clutchbell with several pinion combinations will be more handy.
Now the question is were to find some of these shims.
Serpent Doesnt Even list them on MYTSN, nor does Serpent USA on their site.

Curios to know if anyone could let me know where I could find some for purchase.

Good Luck To Michael Salven, Ralph Burch Jr., and Jared Scott, Scott Gray, Etc.....today at the finals in Florida !!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Watchout !!

Originally posted by InitialD

Hey Goldfinger, it looks like you lock the front one way. Is it? How do you find it? Any difference in setup from one way front that you did on the car?

Also, you're still mounting the steering linkage on top of the servo saver?
I try to lock the fr one way but I dont like it so much and lap times is way slower, even with tight low speed bends, had to switch back to front 1 way. Using softer front tires and slam the car into the hairpin is my only way to stay closely behind Pyramids car.

Yes D, Im back to the top (servo saver) mounting one. The bump in condition when the car leans is adding more steering lock, which is i needed most.

For the Ti screw, I replace all the M3 screw and manage to save near 30gr to compensate the alu shock body.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Watchout !!

Originally posted by InitialD
Ummm, you must be hitting the front on hard impacts. I've replaced the top plate once and the bottom one twice so far. All those times it was in the Thailand race.
We have an unbeaten enemies surrounding the track....
It was 4"height concrete wall..
Old 02-14-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone?
Should be no problem with that charger, even it was designed to charge nicad packs. the max output is only rated 10.8 (measure it first with avo/voltmeter) and you cannot blew up your packs with that output. But you cannot reach your max. pack capacity either, it will only heated up a little bit.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is it safe to charge my tx batteries if I connect the wires to my Tekin charger while its in the remote socket? Look at attached files. Usually when the charger is NOT connected to the wall I get a volt reading when its connected to the batteries. But when I tested this method out I didnt get a reading. Do I need to charge it first to see if it will actually charge without damaging my radio?
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-dscf0002.jpg  
Old 02-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is it true that ABS will damage your sevo on the long run? People tell me its not good for your servo. Anyone here use ABS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.