Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
There are many ways to break in an engine. Some use 10% nitro fuel. Some use the fuel you're going to be racing.

If in doubt, you can always ask Dino !
I know I can ask Dino, but I just want to see how other people break in their engines. InitialD, where are you from?
Old 01-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by cyba888
I know I can ask Dino, but I just want to see how other people break in their engines. InitialD, where are you from?
Perhaps some of your racers over there do the same method as we do here in Malaysia.

We break in the engine at very rich needle settings (especially the HSN). Wide open the throttle on the starter box for about 10 tanks or so. This method is very fast. Lean the needle settings a little and drive around the track on the rich side for another 3 or 4 tanks or so.

Some engine are very difficult to break in and may take more tanks to do it. If you're not certain the engine is broken in, take off the heatsink and button head of the engine and look into the inner sleeve to see of the upper portion line is already "polished". If it is, then you're engine is broken in.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by cyba888
Hey Dino!

Whats up, was at the track today on Sunday, alot of people showed up. Spent the whole day breaking in the engine from 4-11pm The owner helped me alot and was very kind to spend that much time on my car. Yea I remember you but do you remember who I am? The one who cant speak Mandarin very well Glad to see you on this forum and thanks for letting me know about this great forum. Wait until my engine is ready to go, ill be racing you soon Wait not that soon, I forgot your too fast
Of course I remember you!haha.....
I suggested you to buy 710 and Max,remember?
Don't ask me why!People will not doubt or regret on the most expensive stuff.jajaja.....
Old 01-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Fuel Tank & Pressure Line!

Hey Guys,

Something i noticed today was that while being refueled when the lid is closed it would inject a heap of fuel into the carby and flood the engine and on numerous occasions the motor ending up stalling. Any suggestions? Do i need to run a longer pressure line from the exhaust or are we simply filling the tank with too much fuel?

SN
Old 01-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Perhaps some of your racers over there do the same method as we do here in Malaysia.

We break in the engine at very rich needle settings (especially the HSN). Wide open the throttle on the starter box for about 10 tanks or so. This method is very fast. Lean the needle settings a little and drive around the track on the rich side for another 3 or 4 tanks or so.

Some engine are very difficult to break in and may take more tanks to do it. If you're not certain the engine is broken in, take off the heatsink and button head of the engine and look into the inner sleeve to see of the upper portion line is already "polished". If it is, then you're engine is broken in.
Hi there D....just curious when u said, "Wide Open throttle"...is that full pull on the trigger...like u want it to go very fast I just break-in my max idling with fuel spitting out on & off hot & cold 4 tanks. afterwards, now on 8 tank on track rich reaching only max 90deg Celcius without body....am i doing it wrong

Anyway, i just finished my chinese new year holiday and back to office.............damn tired. OMG, i left at thread 108 and now on 114...i took 4 hours to read all your saying.

im gonna join the Kuching race and still confused on the hole on the front windscreen
Old 01-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Silver Stone Track

Originally posted by dino.tw
Silver Stone Track.
Any cars with pvc tyres running on this track?
Old 01-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

No resonse yet
Old 01-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Fuel Tank & Pressure Line!

Originally posted by S710_Nut
Hey Guys,

Something i noticed today was that while being refueled when the lid is closed it would inject a heap of fuel into the carby and flood the engine and on numerous occasions the motor ending up stalling. Any suggestions? Do i need to run a longer pressure line from the exhaust or are we simply filling the tank with too much fuel?
SN
I have no idea and never experiencing this kind of problem.
Maybe your low mixture needle is set too rich.

What I do know is when I came to refueling a bit late, engine is already leans out and make the tank temp is bit higher. So when you fill with fresh fuel (I assumed its cooler) and snap the lid back it will change your carb setting instantly.
I suggest you to blip 3-4 times before squezing the throttle.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Fuel Tank & Pressure Line!

Originally posted by GoldFinger
I have no idea and never experiencing this kind of problem.
Maybe your low mixture needle is set too rich.

What I do know is when I came to refueling a bit late, engine is already leans out and make the tank temp is bit higher. So when you fill with fresh fuel (I assumed its cooler) and snap the lid back it will change your carb setting instantly.
I suggest you to blip 3-4 times before squezing the throttle.
Goldfinger: If this was the case wouldn't other people be having the same problem when they refuel?
Old 01-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel Tank & Pressure Line!

Originally posted by S710_Nut
Goldfinger: If this was the case wouldn't other people be having the same problem when they refuel?
Yes !!
And 1 more thing when you came too late, bubbles from the pipe pressure line.
The bubbles will leans your engine badly.
Serpent with AFL cap is reducing this, and you can see other car offering a new style of cap. The goal is mainly to reduce this bubbles when you apply throttle.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel Tank & Pressure Line!

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Yes !!
And 1 more thing when you came too late, bubbles from the pipe pressure line.
The bubbles will leans your engine badly.
Serpent with AFL cap is reducing this, and you can see other car offering a new style of cap. The goal is mainly to reduce this bubbles when you apply throttle.
Whats the solution though, I have never had this problem before with other cars i have had, apart with the normal fuel tank problems with the NTC3.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Silver Stone Track

I hear you're going up. I may not be able to because of some committments.

Somebody mentioned that the track surface is nice. Does not have a long straight and there is a fair bit of technical layout and islands.
Yes, I plan to go up because it coincides with Raya Haji. From the pictures it looks great, will let you know!
Old 01-26-2004, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Run a fuel filter in the fuel line to the carb and lengthen the pressure line.

You could also teach your pitman how to pitt you without slamming the fuel tank shut. Remember you can use the shutting of the tank lid repetavily to prime your engine.

And on a side note.... is it just me that gets pissed off when someone cant be bothered to trim the picture they want to post? I ***ing hate having to scroll each subsequent message side to side to read it.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:28 AM
Sid
Tech Apprentice

Sorry sparksy but i was the doing the refueling....
I'm impressed with the car,handles great but the fuel tank would drive me crazy.....
And NO i DIDN'T SLAM THE LID before you give me a serve....
Old 01-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by Sid
Sorry sparksy but i was the doing the refueling....
I'm impressed with the car,handles great but the fuel tank would drive me crazy.....
And NO i DIDN'T SLAM THE LID before you give me a serve....
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually its about time Andrew had some issues with pit stops. I can remember him pitting for me and DROWNING my car in fuel.

It does sound that the bottom is rich and loading the crankcase whilst refuling. Shutting the lid is just putting it over the edge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.