Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Causing Trouble

Originally posted by ChrisBlack310
Hey Harry.
Why do you always try to start some controversy? If you dislike Serpent so much, why do you go on their website looking for stuff to cause trouble? You complain about the Veteq you bought not being a good car. Maybe you're not a good driver. Have you ever sat down and tried to understand how the car works? Probably not, because you have too many RC cars. You keep coming on here trying to dog Serpent. Do you see any of us going on the R40 forum and causing controversy? The R40 is a very good car. My cousin has one. I've seen Hara race it at last years Roar Nationals at Revelation Raceway. I could tell you one thing. It's not the car that wins the race. It's the driver. He only wrecked once the whole race. He would have won with any car that day. So instead bashing Serpent, why don't you pick one car (instead of messing with your 107 cars) and learn to drive it?
ChrisBlack310 you said it ,couldn't agree with you more
Old 01-22-2004, 05:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have ni-mh batteries for my reciever and was wondering if I need to discharge them after each day of use or should I just let it drain by itself?
Old 01-22-2004, 06:09 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

they should be stored fully charged.. not fully empty... they are not suppose to have a memory so i would not worry too much, i usually throw mine on the shelf until the day before the next meeting and then charge.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by cyba888
I have ni-mh batteries for my reciever and was wondering if I need to discharge them after each day of use or should I just let it drain by itself?
If you are talking about the 5 cells AAA on your 710.....after your race day, just leave the battery alone (DO NOT discharge) and 6 days later, before your next race, peak the battery (make sure not use more then 1AMP to charge AAA) then you should be all set

Ni-Mh does not required discharge, you can do CYCLE on the batteries, but again, these are your receiver pack, and you are not running those batteries like ppl do to race their elect TC, so there is no reason to drain and charge like the old time Ni-Cd batteries.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Seven Ten is totally Perfect For Me!!

Originally posted by jfc_tech
There u go i said it loud and clear!!!

Master D(JC), at last i managed to slot in onto the A-Main!! All becoz of Serpent Seven Ten & my trusted RS5 STS. i only changed the ride height to 7mm(F/R) and tires 40F/37R. the track was very dusty. The rear diff is near to full lock(i love it this way). I can punch thru the corner and most of my overtaking was done in the corner when other racers slow down

THANKS SERPENT & THANKS FELLOW SERPENTINES OUT HERE FOR ALL THOSE HELPS...of coz most of it to you InitialD.

I will do my very best to be in this "A-MAIN" group. At least before someone else follow suit in buying the 710 at LHS.
Congratulations for this great result.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Actually I did register just to say all of that. Just to let you know, I do own a Veteq. As a matter of fact, I own 2, a Veteq and a Veteq 02. I ordered one of them from your local hobby store Cruizin With RC's Inc. You're the one that told everyone about their great deal on Veteqs. I got my second one for only $400. And yes, I still run them. I've also owned an Impulse Street Spec, an Impulse Pro, and now a 710. I honestly don't feel like I got ripped off when it came to the Veteq thing. If you don't dislike Serpent products, why do you always bash them on the forums. I agree with you about all cars having issues. Here you are bashing the 710 about the "710 push". The push aint nothing. That's all about making small adjustments to dial it out. Your R40 has issues out of the box also. The unprotected steering servo (don't tell me that little flimsy plastic thing will protect a servo). The slop in the rear linkages (nothing that shims won't fix). The undersized gas tank. How did your R40 handle box stock? When I say box stock I'm talking about everything setup as the manual says. If you say you set everything up according to the manual, then I'd call you a liar, because the instructions have an error on the step for the clutch (the bearings are listed wrong). Another thing is everyone used a different weight for their diff grease (not the stock supplied diff grease). You know what? I'm not trying to bash you. We in the 710 forum just want to talk about the 710, setups, etc... We don't want to talk about all that drama. Most people in the forums are here to learn and share ideas with each other. It's not about which company makes the best car. I'm sorry if I offended you. I wasn't trying to. I just got sick of all this bashing in all the threads. Oh, and by the way, how much are you selling your Veteq? Does Cruizin With RC's Inc have any more in stock?
Old 01-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

from the results so far the 710 seems to be very fast car...

in teo weeks we will be in florida, or at least on our way and soon to find out.

i can harldy wait this will be the first time i go to the big show with a unkonw for the car...
Old 01-22-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by fastharry

I wouldn't worry about me....I'd be worrying about all the MTX3's that are coming to the winternats..(and if Barry Baker will take a 5 day vacation in Florida again)..

Actually I don't really care what company wins a major race. It would be nice to see Serpent win, but I could care less. I give props to all the Pro drivers out there. It doesn't matter what company they driver for. They always put on a good show.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ChrisBlack310
Most people in the forums are here to learn and share ideas with each other. It's not about which company makes the best car.
but reading posts here on this thread make me think otherwise sometime. bragging is just as bad as bashing, if done excessively or without any ground.

got a veteq and an impact for sale, pm me if you are interested.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Data
but reading posts here on this thread make me think otherwise sometime.
Nothing wrong with "Sometime". Nothing is perfect!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Nothing is perfect!
like i said, sometimes it make me think otherwise.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Angry

Here comes the Serpent Bashers again!!

You can see the envy and jalously in their written words in the post they make. Guys stop trolling around the Serpent threads and be happy that you all have old technology cars!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Cool smilie!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by PUNISHER

You can see the envy and jalously in their written words in the post they make. Guys stop trolling around the Serpent threads and be happy that you all have old technology cars!!!
now this is a PERFECT example.

sorry i shouldn't say anything bad about serpent cars, i apologize.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Sorry if I offended anyone.
I just felt that it was stupid for fastharry to come in here trying to start controversy over a typo.
It's bad enough for him to bash Serpent in the R40 thread, but for him to come here trying to start stuff.
I felt that was wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.