Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Paolo M
New Mega ZX12 Conrod (by Picco)

Hiu Guys

We have the latest conrod by Picco. Now, beside having awesome performance at a very good price level, we have also reliability. We have already stock of rods as spare parts. The engines we have in stock (both engine only and Powerpack) will be supplied with the old conrod installed (we reccomend to use it only for breaking in the egine) and the new one as a spare at no extra cost. After we sell all our inventory, the new batch will come with the new one already installed.

Paolo
Serpent USA

What's the difference between the 2 rods? Is the new rod still picco?
Old 01-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by _cyclops_
What's the difference between the 2 rods? Is the new rod still picco?

New Mega ZX12 Conrod (by Picco) ,, the difference, the new one is supouse to last longer time without damage your engine
Old 01-10-2006, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Smile Oil Diff

Well I got the chance to try the new oil diff, I did the test with one car with oil diff (30,000 Mugen) and the other with the Ball Diff and I have to say that I am very happy with the result, the oil Diff the behavior of the car was excellent you could do some small adjustment with the front Ball Diff. I felt that with the oil diff I had more control of the car, I had a more consistency that with the Ball Diff car.
I did the test in a medium traction track, (40/42 rear, 37/37 front) very technical, just to do continue with the test I change to a 50,000 and I liked better the behavior o the 30,000 so I race with the 30,000.

I will say that I like the Oil Diff in the rear but will not change to two oil diff, because the advantage of having the front ball diff allows you to do minor adjustment that really improved the performance of the car, compare to the other drivers (MTX4, RRR) that have the two oil diff they could not doe the changes needed (change in track head, humidity, traction, etc).
Old 01-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcpanama
Well I got the chance to try the new oil diff, I did the test with one car with oil diff (30,000 Mugen) and the other with the Ball Diff and I have to say that I am very happy with the result, the oil Diff the behavior of the car was excellent you could do some small adjustment with the front Ball Diff. I felt that with the oil diff I had more control of the car, I had a more consistency that with the Ball Diff car.
I did the test in a medium traction track, (40/42 rear, 37/37 front) very technical, just to do continue with the test I change to a 50,000 and I liked better the behavior o the 30,000 so I race with the 30,000.

I will say that I like the Oil Diff in the rear but will not change to two oil diff, because the advantage of having the front ball diff allows you to do minor adjustment that really improved the performance of the car, compare to the other drivers (MTX4, RRR) that have the two oil diff they could not doe the changes needed (change in track head, humidity, traction, etc).
so how was the bite off the corner and did you go deeper in the corner with the oil diff?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally Posted by captian
so how was the bite off the corner and did you go deeper in the corner with the oil diff?
Yes I did compare to the Ball DIff, I could really get more on power getting of the Conner, and in general I felt more control of the car.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

thanks
Old 01-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Paolo M
New Mega ZX12 Conrod (by Picco)

Hiu Guys

We have the latest conrod by Picco. Now, beside having awesome performance at a very good price level, we have also reliability. We have already stock of rods as spare parts. The engines we have in stock (both engine only and Powerpack) will be supplied with the old conrod installed (we reccomend to use it only for breaking in the egine) and the new one as a spare at no extra cost. After we sell all our inventory, the new batch will come with the new one already installed.

Paolo
Serpent USA
I just took my ZX12 apart yesterday and put a Palmaris conrod and bearing in. Are the Mega conrods of the same quality as the Palmaris'??

I also put an old NovaRossi carb on it.
I tested it for air leaks (blow on the fuel tube while putting my fingers on exhaust and carb and spraying leak detection spray...) and it didn't have any leaks except for the front bearing.....is that bad??
Is it supposed to be airtight? I think it is very hard to make a high speed ball bearing airtight....
Old 01-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Serpent tour in Hong Kong

just got back from practice today, they all arrived

FABIO DOMANIN, RICHARD KEUR, PER-OLA HARD, MICHAEL SALVEN, MASSIMO FANTIN,

Great stuff, showing driver how to set-up the serpent car. look forward to the race this weekend. And Michael already doing his usual, hitting the slower cars
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-michael-salven-%40aco.jpg  

Last edited by kitracer; 01-12-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kitracer

Great stuff, showing driver how to set-up the serpent car. look forward to the race this weekend. And Michael already doing his usual, hitting the slower cars
Old 01-13-2006, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

Smile 1/8 Spring

Hi, can any one tell me what will be the advantage if their is any, to use the spring 1.8mm 909520 compare to the Centax coilspring 1.8. 909518

Thanks

RCPANAMA
Old 01-13-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

There are several advantages.

First is longer, so you don't have to tread too much to get enough tension. Because of this there will be plenty of room to the spring compres, so the clucth travel will be no afected by the spring completly compresed so this will assure that the shoe is grabbing completly the bell.

Personally I think that this give a "good" save zone regarding bell gap.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:32 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcpanama
Hi, can any one tell me what will be the advantage if their is any, to use the spring 1.8mm 909520 compare to the Centax coilspring 1.8. 909518

Thanks

RCPANAMA
I have been told that new spring is more commonly used on the .21 but can also provide benefits for the .12 on a very high traction track where you need a lot of preload. It will allow you to increase the preload without creating coil bind. I tried to get one but Serpent USA was already sold out.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:34 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kitracer

Rumor has it that Rene is in So. Florida testing something at Ft. Myers next week. I wonder what that might be...
Old 01-13-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

JAg:

We have them in stock, just email me at [email protected]

I haven't updated our web site yet, but have it in stock.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jag
Rumor has it that Rene is in So. Florida testing something at Ft. Myers next week. I wonder what that might be...
I asked M.S... he won't say a word so I am sure something is going on...
ok, i better stop the rumour... haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.