Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by buboy28
ok thanks again Pyramid any other store selling these items aside from Harmony Model i know they sell Serpent parts cause i bought some Serpent 710 parts from them last December
In Hong Kong? Both Harmony and Wing Jet model are the biggest serpent dealer in Hong Kong... of course without counting World Model as the Asia distributor which you can go direct if don't mine paying retail.. What you are looking for is already widely available..
Old 06-06-2005, 11:14 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pyramid
In Hong Kong? Both Harmony and Wing Jet model are the biggest serpent dealer in Hong Kong... of course without counting World Model as the Asia distributor which you can go direct if don't mine paying retail.. What you are looking for is already widely available..
Pyramid,

Would you be so kind as to post the URL for Wing Jet Model.

Simon
Old 06-07-2005, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Arrow

ok thanks will try wing jet model already asked world model but they have minimum order requirement for first time customers and a little bit expensive if i will add it all up
Old 06-07-2005, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by B4
Pyramid,

Would you be so kind as to post the URL for Wing Jet Model.

Simon
I do not recall they have one.. try hongkong threads, maybe someone could help you out with their phone numbers. I believe they dont do emails either.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:25 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I do not recall they have one.. try hongkong threads, maybe someone could help you out with their phone numbers. I believe they dont do emails either.
OK
Old 06-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

I am planning on upgrading my stock composite shocks to aluminium shocks. Can anyone tell me what's the best shock/spring for this car and what company make them? Thank you!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gfd2726
Hi guys,

I am planning on upgrading my stock composite shocks to aluminium shocks. Can anyone tell me what's the best shock/spring for this car and what company make them? Thank you!
I think the only choice for you is the products from Serepent unless you can find the one from East.
it will be better to use one from Serpent.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tweak with new Team Chassis

Hi!

I´ve just converted my 710 to the new team chassis. After the assembly I´ve recognized a slight front/back wobble when the chassis sits on the Hudy board w/o wheels. I´ve released the radio deck and the front and rear suspension and it turned out that the radio deck bents the alu chassis a little bit. When the radio deck is loosened, the chassis sits flat on th Hudy board.
Is there someting I can do about it, or is it nothing I need to be concerned about?

Many thanks in advance!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Hi!

I´ve just converted my 710 to the new team chassis. After the assembly I´ve recognized a slight front/back wobble when the chassis sits on the Hudy board w/o wheels. I´ve released the radio deck and the front and rear suspension and it turned out that the radio deck bents the alu chassis a little bit. When the radio deck is loosened, the chassis sits flat on th Hudy board.
Is there someting I can do about it, or is it nothing I need to be concerned about?

Many thanks in advance!

What type of X-brace are you using.. i heard the plastic and the alu differ in size... so the chassis will bend if one of both is smaller...
Old 06-08-2005, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Hi!

I´ve just converted my 710 to the new team chassis. After the assembly I´ve recognized a slight front/back wobble when the chassis sits on the Hudy board w/o wheels.
Even if you got it straight when brand new, it will still tweak/wobble between front and back after, let's say, 1 hour of use. NOT between right and left! which is not a good sign.

They way you screw down both top deck and all the bulkheads (serpent called it bearing blocks) also effect how straight your chassis will be when they are new.

Some also tought the way the starter box design will bent the chassis on use.

It happens to all other brand car using aluminum chassis.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

How do you assemble the car for the most strait chassis then?

And how to notice if the chassis is not strait anymore?
Old 06-08-2005, 03:47 AM

First of all, the brand new chassis is not always dead flat when you put on top of glass. Slight variations occur in between production process. But after things being put together, it would tend to straight up to the point of the other construction position. I found the most important is when you bold on those 4 upperdeck screws... bolting on while they are on top of flat glass is prefferable. Moreover, try to hold down the front and rear end of the car (by pushing its shock tower perhaps) would help to make sure everyting is on its flat/prefferable position when the top deck being mounted. Things like, instaled the bulhead first then the shock tower before placing the upperdeck would helps either. All things we screws in will tend to move right ways as we always turns the screws clockwise.. so things like holding the parts and giving the force to the other end (counter clockwise) have become common sense to me.

... but at the end about the chassis, as I mentioned before.. after you use it for a little while, it will not dead flat anymore when being place on top of flat glass/mirror again. It will still have tendecy to bent in between front and rear part (beside the bending generated buy worn chassis). Funny thing is, without having to have the L carbon stiffener brace (where the belt tensioner are) 'fully installed', it tend to bent less.

This matters become bit worst on more annoying on EP correct Daniz24? (I'm sure you are reading this threads also )

Last edited by Pyramid; 06-08-2005 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
I think the only choice for you is the products from Serepent unless you can find the one from East.
it will be better to use one from Serpent.
Thank you. Do you know which online stores (that has the best price) carry them? Thank you.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

First of all, the brand new chassis is not always dead flat when you put on top of glass. Slight variations occur in between production process. But after things being put together, it would tend to straight up to the point of the other construction position. I found the most important is when you bold on those 4 upperdeck screws... bolting on while they are on top of flat glass is prefferable. Moreover, try to hold down the front and rear end of the car (by pushing its shock tower perhaps) would help to make sure everyting is on its flat/prefferable position when the top deck being mounted. Things like, instaled the bulhead first then the shock tower before placing the upperdeck would helps either. All things we screws in will tend to move right ways as we always turns the screws clockwise.. so things like holding the parts and giving the force to the other end (counter clockwise) have become common sense to me.

... but at the end about the chassis, as I mentioned before.. after you use it for a little while, it will not dead flat anymore when being place on top of flat glass/mirror again. It will still have tendecy to bent in between front and rear part (beside the bending generated buy worn chassis). Funny thing is, without having to have the L carbon stiffener brace (where the belt tensioner are) 'fully installed', it tend to bent less.

This matters become bit worst on more annoying on EP correct Daniz24? (I'm sure you are reading this threads also )

Will the improper mounting of the upper deck (and other things) result in tweak in the chassis?
Old 06-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Take a look at section 4.3 in the FAQ - Julius describes a better front and rear assembly method there - including the correct sequence of tightening the screws.

Cheers, MArk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.