Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Hi!

My used 710 came with a shim between the 1st and 2nd pinion gears, but in the manual is no shim visible.
Do I have to use the shim?

Many thanks in advance!
YES! you have to. It is actually not in the manual. Go to www.mytsn.com and search for the 710, i believe it's an additional flyer or instruction sheet.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Serpent 710 RC

Anybody there know what a 710 RC is!!!! Found this at RB Product's web (french version).
Also exist a 950RC!!
RB Product is french distributor of Serpent. Check link:
http://www.rbproducts.com/main.php?p...Stat04=SERPENT

Regards

rccobra705
Old 06-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by f2000racer
YES! you have to. It is actually not in the manual. Go to www.mytsn.com and search for the 710, i believe it's an additional flyer or instruction sheet.
The shim is only needed with the older black 1st gear pinion. The newer gold or silver ones do not need it.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by rccobra705
Anybody there know what a 710 RC is!!!! Found this at RB Product's web (french version).
From Babelfish translation :

The Snake 710 RC is the new version of the 710: it profits from the experiment of the TEAM at the time of its first season when it practically very gained! Champion of Europe, Champion of France, conveys year, the 710 receives some improvements aiming at ensuring its supremacy! Stage of anti-roll aluminum bar, blocking of front free wheel, bars anti-roll back 2.5+3mm, but also new safe-servo and cast solid driving support! It is ready to gain!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default FINALLY!!!!

Well at last, after about 16 months of trying, I managed to break my original thin rear shock tower - I went too fast into the chicane at my circuit, flew over a curb and landed squarely on the next curb, right on the rear tower Now the rear section of my body shell is bent completely out of shape Never mind - I'll probably be using the 2,1 Stratus this weekend

Also I tried out the 21 tooth alu side pulley - man this made a huge difference in the long left hand corner leading onto the straight - I could get onto the gas much, much earlier than normal and the car held a much tighter line at the exit. I thought the motor was down on power at first!
I ran the tyres with a 2mm split - seems to be a keeper for me.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:44 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by markp27
Well at last, after about 16 months of trying, I managed to break my original thin rear shock tower - I went too fast into the chicane at my circuit, flew over a curb and landed squarely on the next curb, right on the rear tower Now the rear section of my body shell is bent completely out of shape Never mind - I'll probably be using the 2,1 Stratus this weekend

Also I tried out the 21 tooth alu side pulley - man this made a huge difference in the long left hand corner leading onto the straight - I could get onto the gas much, much earlier than normal and the car held a much tighter line at the exit. I thought the motor was down on power at first!

Cheers, Mark.
Sorry to hear you have finally been able to break the shock tower, I'm still trying.

The 21T is a huge improvement, allows you to be much more agressive with the throttle and still maintain the best line. Are you also using the front diff ? I've found this recently to be a great advantage on all tracks since I change to the 3 racing friction collar.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B4
Sorry to hear you have finally been able to break the shock tower, I'm still trying.
Don't give up matey....you'll get it one day

The 21T is a huge improvement, allows you to be much more agressive with the throttle and still maintain the best line. Are you also using the front diff ? I've found this recently to be a great advantage on all tracks since I change to the 3 racing friction collar.
I was stunned at the difference it made in the fast sweeper - I'm looking forward to using it in anger tomorrow.

I am using the front diff and the two part diff collar. What difference did the 3 racing part make for you?

Cheers, Mark.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:08 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Don't give up matey....you'll get it one day
perhaps in FAQ 2.4 you can describe the correct breaking procedure

I was stunned at the difference it made in the fast sweeper - I'm looking forward to using it in anger tomorrow.
It's took me a while to adjust my driving to suit the advantage we now have with this pulley.
I am using the front diff and the two part diff collar. What difference did the 3 racing part make for you?

Cheers, Mark.
The 3Racing diff collar has a teflon ring inside the collar and in my opinion this is makes it more tunable and improves consistency through the race. Having said that I would rather use the new part that Rene said is on the way as Serpent quality is No1, price's on the other hand could be revised i think.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B4
perhaps in FAQ 2.4 you can describe the correct breaking procedure
Unfortunately it was a fluke

It's took me a while to adjust my driving to suit the advantage we now have with this pulley.
It certainly took me by surprise - I couldn't understand why the car was keeping so tight through the big sweeper and why on power it didn't drift out as much as normal!

The 3Racing diff collar has a teflon ring inside the collar and in my opinion this is makes it more tunable and improves consistency through the race. Having said that I would rather use the new part that Rene said is on the way as Serpent quality is No1, price's on the other hand could be revised i think.
I'll wait for Serpent's own

Cheers, Mark.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking CHEERS MARKP27

Bobby here,how are things good i hope.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Cheers, Mark.
Mark, what was your actual tire sizes, front and rear? I want to run out a O.D. table with these gears.
To the Winter Nats!
jack
Old 06-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

I'll wait for Serpent's own

Cheers, Mark.
Why wait? You guys didn't see the post at 3hobby.net?

I've got mine already.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:33 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Why wait? You guys didn't see the post at 3hobby.net?

I've got mine already.
Sow

Can you post the link to you post, I've looked at 3Hobby and can't see it.

Simon
Old 06-04-2005, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by rccobra705
Also exist a 950RC!!
RB Product is french distributor of Serpent. Check link:
http://www.rbproducts.com/main.php?p...Stat04=SERPENT

Regards

rccobra705
Same car bundled with some hop up parts
Old 06-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B4
Sow

Can you post the link to you post, I've looked at 3Hobby and can't see it.

Simon
Its here B4

http://3hobby.net/modules.php?name=N...rticle&sid=501

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.