Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hudy Tyre Truer

Originally posted by InitialD
It's really great ! I'm trying to play with the conventional settings at the moment. Sway bars, springs, caster, droop, camber etc.

With the stock roll centers for the front and rear, the car really handles and behaves well on the track. Sure footing at all corners and sweepers. Acceleration is simply ballastic ! When 2nd gear hits in, the car just continues to accelerate. It's really scary.
A definate step up from the 705 then!
Old 12-26-2003, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hudy Tyre Truer

With the stock roll centers for the front and rear, the car really handles and behaves well on the track. Sure footing at all corners and sweepers. Acceleration is simply ballastic ! When 2nd gear hits in, the car just continues to accelerate. It's really scary.

Hah! No longer good enough for the revolving glass cabinet eh? So it sounds like it'll kick ass!
Old 12-26-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

building diff

Am building the diff and I note the directions do not call for the use of any silicone grease on the balls and the associated plates. Other ball diffs I've built used silicone grease here. Any thoughts out there?
Julian, whats the factory think?
Tnx, jack
Old 12-26-2003, 02:49 PM
BG
Tech Addict

Ohh my kit came with 2 rear right upper arms
Old 12-26-2003, 04:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by BG
Ohh my kit came with 2 rear right upper arms
Is that you Billy G, a 710 hey will you run it at the Vic's?
TR.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Snakes!!

Originally posted by Thaasman
Yeah it's really frustrating....
You should then donate and let those less fortunate people who have good weather on their side run the car first !

Originally posted by Thaasman
The only positive about it, is that it's still pretty shiny
That's what pictures are for. They remind us how good the chassis looks like when new...
Old 12-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hudy Tyre Truer

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Hah! No longer good enough for the revolving glass cabinet eh?
Damn... Gotta make excuse to get a 2nd one !

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
So it sounds like it'll kick ass!
Yes, I gather that it will.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hudy Tyre Truer

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
A definate step up from the 705 then!
Yes but I'm still not up to the level where I can really push my car to the limit like what I can do with my 705. Perhaps in this few days I can.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: building diff

Originally posted by clmbia45
Am building the diff and I note the directions do not call for the use of any silicone grease on the balls and the associated plates. Other ball diffs I've built used silicone grease here. Any thoughts out there?
Julian, whats the factory think?
Tnx, jack
There was a recent post somewhere about this. I guess I bumped it out !

There is no real need to grease the large rings. If you chose to, then use only very little.

The way you have set the diff is correct. To be sure of the setting check if you need a considerable amount of force to make the diff slip when you try and turn the first gear of the 2-speed while holding the rear wheels.

I grease mine very sparingly also. It stays smooth and nice.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:17 PM
BG
Tech Addict

Thats me. Well i couldnt resist I had to get one. But i cant do anything at the moment with those rear arms. I will be entering the Vics for sure. Need to sort out what brand of tyres I will be using. As for a motor not sure yet looking around at whats available.

Old 12-26-2003, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BG
Thats me. Well i couldnt resist I had to get one. But i cant do anything at the moment with those rear arms. I will be entering the Vics for sure. Need to sort out what brand of tyres I will be using. As for a motor not sure yet looking around at whats available.

Billy,

Pro Tourers ?????? I would have thought you would have gone up to 8th scale like I did from 235mm. Wont be able to make it to the Vics this year saving to go to the Worlds in October to help Craig out who will be running 235. Maybe see you up at the QLD's this year?

Cheers Alastair
Old 12-26-2003, 06:39 PM
BG
Tech Addict

Hello Alastair

Since I started running electric this year I have sort of adapted to the tourer, so the geometry features that have been implemented in to the 710 are similar in electric racing.
I cant believe it has taken this long for them to adapt them, theres so much more tunability.

Hay as for the worlds I am considering in attending myself, but I need a few AARCMCC points to go with that.

Well 1/8th scale, I sort of lost interest as soon as I fitted my 5th tank in my Vector NT, you know the saga. $2500 car that has only run 20 mins. Looks like the new kits are much of an improvement I might buy one mid year. But with the electric racing there isnt much time.

As for Queensland I would love to go, great weather lots of sun many girls plenty of beer sounds like a great trip. IU might even fit in a bit of stressfull rc racing to go with that

Merry Christmas and a Happy New to you and your wife.

Cheers Bill
Old 12-26-2003, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Bill
I just finished building my 710, going to test it on Monday.
If you want a left top arm quick call Mr J he has some spares.

TR.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: building diff

There was a recent post somewhere about this. I guess I bumped it out !

There is no real need to grease the large rings. If you chose to, then use only very little.

The way you have set the diff is correct. To be sure of the setting check if you need a considerable amount of force to make the diff slip when you try and turn the first gear of the 2-speed while holding the rear wheels.

I grease mine very sparingly also. It stays smooth and nice.
Thanks. That's what I did also. Never have been one for metal on metal!
Old 12-26-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Well........

Alot of building and picture posting of the new 710. Any word of its performance of this car!?!? We all know the car looks awesome but lets hear the reviews of how well it is on the track!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.