Serpent 710

Old 05-23-2005, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ntc3freak
guys,do the graphite pieces need sealing with CA glue???if so,how???step by step please

anyone???
Old 05-23-2005, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

thanks man .btw,what tools is included in the new version of the 710??thanks 4 da help

anyone???i need to know what is included so i cant get any other tools that is needed.thanks
Old 05-23-2005, 07:33 AM

thanks man .btw,what tools is included in the new version of the 710??thanks 4 da help
Mann.. I tough you already have one. Only pinion gear, centax, and spur removal tool is included. You would be AT LEAST needing this: 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm (and the ball tip), 3mm (and the ball tip).. All from Hudy I expect.

You dont have to prepare the graphite, they are mainly and must be done for lower chassis (on EP). But if you like, you can just like I did to mine as well. How to? I forgot the link.. only D has all the dictionary. Anyway, use 1000grid sandpaper and do all the egdes (just until the edge feel smooth by your hand), after that, drop one or to along the edges and then just kind of wipe it evenly with a tissue.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
D just got back from vacation and Mark is still on top of the mountains searching for the ring.
I hope his GF doesn't push him off the mountain with his roller blades on
Old 05-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by crashed_1
Hey Greg, Initial D might be on your side of the world, Middle Kingdom...He's on a quest to look for the "R I N G"!!!...

Whatever it is, don't let him get his hands on it.

Bloody hell... The Kiwis did a good job hiding it. In the same words of Bono, I still haven't found what I'm looking for... Gave it up and went for the FORCE instead on my last day there since that's the "in thing" now.

p/s: Damn... I see that some of you guys went overtime. Need lots of catching up to do.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JustRace
ROTF
Old 05-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Pyramid
I think "the curently lost person, D" ever mentioned that it was the cone spacer for DRS arm.
I better watch everything I say from now on.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Julius
Did Mark and D drop over to the dark side? Or has the ring finally shown the wearers who's the real boss?
Yes, the Darkside we have gone.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by GoldFinger
About the chassis, i dont know in theory but in practical the hole below the engine is not only as a cooling hole but they are really help to clear out the dirt.
Well, I don't think Mark needs that chassis opening right below the engine since he has the Photoshop dirt filter to do it for him... (j/k)
Old 05-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
doesn't the dirt filter work on the pipe anymore?
Ah, that explains why it doesn't clean mine as well.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Prophet

hey guys,does the diff's balls need to be lube???if so,what lube???and does the arms need reaming to make it free from binding???and any pics of the wiring setup????
Like cyclops mentioned, use the *spit* Super Grease. The arms do not need reaming. But I would just lube the pivot pins with silicone lube or normal bearing lube very lightly so that the arms will swing easy in them when assembled.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

I know he can't skate but roller-blading off a mountain would be something worth recording into the "RCTech 710 guru Hall of Fame"!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe this has been asked before, but I still haveŽnt found how to search this looong thread (could someone educate me, please?):

What is the correct direction for the ventilated brake disc?

Thanks a lot!
Old 05-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Maybe this has been asked before, but I still haveŽnt found how to search this looong thread (could someone educate me, please?):

What is the correct direction for the ventilated brake disc?

Thanks a lot!
I don't think you can search a specific thread. You can search and use the display as post to sort the search.

As for the disc, I set mine with the vent like this:
Front / Rear not like this Front \ Rear
Old 05-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't think you can search a specific thread. You can search and use the display as post to sort the search.

As for the disc, I set mine with the vent like this:
Front / Rear not like this Front \ Rear
francis,
when are you racing again!!! we are having an enduro at royal palm. it should be a lot of fun. get two more guys together. i am running with eric gonzalez (gonzo on this site) and danny horta. art carbonnel is racing (but asked him to race on our team but i think he was asked already). serpent is going to have a team there. it should be kick a$$. it is going to be held on 6/18.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.